Your viewing journal

My Hero Academia Fourth Season ep 69
Kono Oto Tomare!: Sounds of Life Season 2 ep 8
The garden of sinners thanatos 6/10
Movie 2 7/10
Movie 3 7/10

Last edited:
Fate/Grand Order -Babylonia- episode 8
God this episode deserved the hype. Fantastic animation and Ushiwaka vs Gorgon is definitely one of my favourite fight scenes this year. Such a shame the next episode seems to be outsourced after such a high point in the series.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun episode 8

Aikatsu Friends! episode 1
A fun first episode. After enjoying Pretty Cure I've decided to check out more kids anime and I've heard this one's pretty good.

Girls Frontline Chibi Theatre episode 19

Last edited:
Didn't I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life?! (English Dub) Episode 3

Magical Sempai (English Dub) Episode 1-2

Didn't I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life?! Episode 8

Phantasy Star Online 2: Episode Oracle Episode 8 (On Hold)

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (Japanese audio) - Episode 3* Rewatch
Hellsing Ultimate (Japanese audio) - Episode 2
Kemono Michi: Rise Up (Japanese audio) - Episode 3 Rewatch
Soul Eater (Japanese audio) - Episode 4 Rewatch

*Rewatch of sorts as it's been 7 years since I last watched the series and I intend on continuing with it from episode 4 onwards soon.

Outburst Dreamer Boys ep 8
Acting up.

Kono Oto Tomare! s2 e8
Discovering your role and having a backbone.

Kabukichou Sherlock ep 7
I think that's the full house of Sherlock characters as we're introduced to Mycroft and Irene Adler.

Vinland Saga ep 19
Water under the bridge.

Promare (sub at the cinema)
All the usual Trigger insane awesomeness boiled down to 2 hours.
9/10

Space Dandy
s2 eps 1-4 (dub)
1 = Dandy x ∞
2 = Smile
3 = Something fishy going on
4 = High School Musical
1 was probably the best. 4 was good fun although it was a bit odd in the training montage to see some Japanese training scenes when the rest of the episode was such a parody of American stuff. 3 was the Yuasa episode and was typically weird with some nice animation.

Chihayafuru s3 e8
Envision your victory.

Ace of Diamond: Act II episode 35 We get some Broken English as the teams are coming on strong.

Bananya and the Curious Bunch episode 9 Festival time.

Black Clover episode 111 Strange magic.

My Love Story (Rewatch) episodes 13-21

Vinland Saga episodes 18-19
Psycho Pass 3 episode 4
Promare (sub)
This was quite mental and really funny and I want the soundtrack now. Clearly influenced by Gurren Laggan more so than Kill La Kill so its definitely one for Neil-T. It seemed very much targeted at an English speaking audience which is interesting with all the massive text for special moves and stuff in English with the Japanese smaller in a different colour much like the logo. Also it was limited to Showcase at first when I booked it months ago but recently it popped up at a few of the Odeons in Manchester which is promising for future releases so I really hope its successful.
8/10 for me

Last night:
PROMARE (Japanese audio) - Film

So as someone who liked Kill la Kill, felt that FRANXX was a trainwreck in its second half (while still addictive to watch during simulcast) and quite enjoyed SSSS.GRIDMAN, I was worried about my expectations with PROMARE - I am happy to confirm that it is surprisingly good, in fact, I would say it's their best TRIGGER work in a long while.

PROMARE's animation is a mixture of 2D and CG but the art style I felt helped blend the two together without too much trouble. The music is one of Sawano's best and I highly recommend listening to the soundtrack if you can get a hold of it (don't be surprised if Anime Limited decides to put out a Vinyl version or something). The characters were surprisingly likable especially the main character (it's like what if Kamina got Isekai'd and became a firefighter). The story is fast-paced but considering this was originally going to be a TV series, having this become a film was a much better experience and it works really well. The ending is superb and very TRIGGER like while also trying to be a bit different from their other works. A lot of people were worried about the film being too similar to Fire Force and I can confirm that there are little similarities at the start but after around 20 minutes they diverge so don't worry about that.

Overall PROMARE was a delight to watch and I look forward to the original soundtrack and Blu-ray release. Rating-wise I would give it a 9/10.

Space Dandy s2 eps 5-7
5 = A legendary fish
6 = Cloud 9
7 = I know it's only rock 'n' roll but I like it, yeah
Episode 5 was the best this time, by the same director that did episode 9 of the first season. A bit less trippy and more of a story. Episode 7 was fun.
Like the Hooters parody always being the exact same one with the same waitress no matter where in the galaxy they went.
After watching more episodes I was thinking, actually it is the same one every time (although now I re-read your quote, that's what you said. I miss remembered it as "everyone they went to has the same layout with waitresses that look exactly the same"). Although I don't think it moves around, they go to the registry office most episodes too, so that must be in their home star system and that's where Dandy's local Boobies is.

Ascendance of a Bookworm ep 9
Learning the value of things.

ORESUKI ep 9
What is your motivation?

After School Dice Club ep 9
Evolving the rules.
EDIT: They answered the question that I had last week.

Last edited:
Ergo Proxy ep16-17

Can't quite put my finger on why exactly, but Ergo Proxy has really grown on me over the past few episodes. The becalmed episode was particularly great.

Promare

Not much else to add to what other folk have already said; it's great, see it in the cinema if you can. I was a little surprised at how much the plot arc reminded me of a compilation film for a super robot show, but it's evident from beginning to end that Trigger are bringing their A-game here - it feels like the realisation of something that Imaishi has been building towards for his entire career. It'll be interesting to see what they do next.

Back