Your viewing journal

Ergo Proxy ep7-8

Having cleared the gloom around the previous couple of episodes, I'm interested to see where this is going to go now. If nothing else, I certainly didn't expect the Interview With a Vampire version of Brad Pitt to show up.

Babylon ep3-4

Well that went some places. In terms of story, this is a really interesting show, I just wish that (outwith the intermittent directorial flourishes) it didn't look so much like a basic-cable cop drama. It's like they've somehow captured in animation everything I hate about the look of live-action J-drama.

No Guns Life ep4

This is okay, but it's still struggling to recapture my initial enthusiasm, to be honest.

After School Dice Club (English Dub) Episode 3

Kemono Michi: Rise Up (English Dub) Episode 3

Radiant Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 3

Assassins Pride Episode 4
Tournament time again. Plus some decent Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire references.

Azur Lane Episode 5
A Foggy battle and extendeding the hand of friendship.

High School Prodigies Have It Easy Even In Another World Episode 5
Show time, persuasive talks and planning ahead.

No Guns Life Episode 4

The Seven Deadly Sins: Wrath of the Gods Episode 4
Beginnings and Ends.

Dr. STONE episode 18 View from a bridge.

Fire Force episode 15 Yeeting cans.

Food Wars! The Fourth Plate episode 4 Individual strengths.

Null Peta episode 5 Charger.

Outburst Dreamer Boys episode 5 Serious meow meow.

True Cooking Master Boy episode 4 Burning grudge.

Minami-Ke episodes 4-13 (Complete. A decent comedy that is unexpectedly longer than I expected-it has three further seasons that I’ll check out eventually.) 3.5/5

Azur Lane (English Dub) Episode 3

Dr. STONE (English Dub) Episode 16

Dr. STONE Episode 18
Hanging on for dear life.

Fire Force Episode 15
A new OP for a new arc and tbh I still prefer the first op to this one. The 8th's new scientist member Viktor Licht seems like a intriguing fellow, as for whether or not he can be trusted, only time will tell. It'll also be interesting to see if they'll be able to convince and recruit Vulcan into joining the team.

Granblue Fantasy The Animation Season 2 Episode 5
Settling some old scores and unfinished business.

Granblue Fantasy The Animation Season 2 episode 4
Dr Stone episode 18
Null & Peta episode 5
Assassins Pride episode 4 dropped
High School Prodigies Have It Easy Even In Another World episode 5 dropped

Null & Peta ep 5
Memories.

Fire Force ep 15
A recruitment drive. The new OP, whilst less impressive visually, is a banger. Unfortunately it gives away the answer to the question posed by this episode: Will the stubborn character we meet join the crew? Yes, cos he's driving the truck in the OP with the other new character in the passenger seat 🤦‍♂️

Dr. Stone ep 18
Nerds vs Jocks.

I'm sure this is a reference to something:
Samurai Champloo maybe?
Screenshot_20191102-150416.jpg

Stars Align ep 4
Subs still f___ed, but I got the gist: new pairs, training hard, advisor finally taking an interest and arranges a match vs team run by former pupil, and Maki's dad is a grade A ****!

Kabukichou Sherlock ep 4
Onsen episode.

Outburst Dreamer Boys ep 5
Summer job. That was a very funny episode, plenty of LOL moments.

Last edited:
Dr. STONE (Japanese audio) - Episode 18
Sword Art Online: Alicization -War of Underworld- (Japanese audio) - Episode 4
Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun (Japanese audio) - Episode 5

I love that show so much. In a way it almost feels like a guilty pleasure and I shouldn't like it as much as I do but I think it's great. If it got a nice collectors blu ray rerelease i would be all over it!

That sounds like a plan - count me in for a CE!

The next door neighbors were over again last night for some more Ghost Hunt, but it was quite late - The neighbor guy came over around 9:30, as his wife was out of town, and another friend of mine stopped over too. We were drinking some Sam Adams Octoberfest I currently have on tap in my keg fridge, along with a few mixed drinks. I made some nachos with extra-sharp cheddar and fresh sliced jalapeno peppers, and around 11:30 we ordered a pizza for delivery - with double anchovies, Mmm! Yes, the neighbor guy loves his anchovies just as much as I do! His wife arrived home from Philadelphia around 12:30 am, and we all sat down and watched Eps 7-9 of Ghost Hunt in my theater before calling it quits around 2:00 am. They all said they'll be over again tonight for some more partying and spooky Ghost Hunt episodes for Halloween week. 👍

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-Kun episode 5 A new rank?

We Never Learn: BOKUBEN Season 2 episode 5 Gifts and massages.

Mitsuboshi Colors episodes 1-12 (Complete. A very likeable and laidback sort of series with an endearing trio and a real sense of feel-good fun.) 4/5

Mobile Suit Gundam: Char’s Counterattack (Film)
A decent ending to the Char and Amuro conflict that started in MSG, though the new characters introduced weren’t great, especially Quess. 3.5/5

Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt: Bandit Flower (Film)
Ya like Gundam Jazz?... Yes, yes I do. This had a different feel from December Sky and I enjoyed the tone, the fusion of jazz and visually engaging Gundam is still a cool concept too. 4/5

Last edited:
Mecha-Doc ep1

In part, I watched this out of pity. I think older shows not tied to a big franchise are a hard sell, especially one that doesn't seem to have a nostalgia fanbase in the English-speaking world, but it shows promise. The story isn't much, but there's obvious careful attention lavished on the mechanical details and some neat directorial work gone into the racing scenes.

Fate/Grand Order: Absolute Demonic Front - Babylonia Episode 5

High Score Girl II Episode 2
Gangs and games.

Shoujo☆Conte All Starlight Episode 18

Stop This Sound: Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 5
Back to basic's and harsh lessons.

Sword Art Online Alicization: War of Underworld Episode 4
Holy Sh*t! Pretty dark stuff this week.

Val x Love Episode 5
Festival fun and devilish plots.

We Never Learn: BOKUBEN Season 2 Episode 5
Birthday present and massages.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun Episode 5
Getting ranked.

Not gonna list everything recently (maybe another time) but Re:CREATORS 1-13 - particularly ep 13, a bit of a recap episode narrated by one of the characters I’ll ask, 4th wall, where did Re:CREATORS touch you? and the 4th wall shall keep it to itself until 10 years later when it posts what happened on twitter, and makes sure Re:CREATORS can’t put food on the table. Tragic

Back