Your viewing journal

No anime today but the horror a day continues

Tribetwelve (SCRINIARII, Sisyphus, Rendezvous, Facade)
Up to the latest episode in the Fortunes Arc and the visual effects work is still so damn good. The added comedy works so well for this arc.

1. Evil Dead II - 8/10
  2. Army of Darkness - 8/10
  3. The Cabin in the Woods - 8/10
  4. Tribetwelve (Fortunes, DEATHTRAPEXODUS, Crawlspace, Pitfall)
  5. Tribetwelve (SCRINIARII, Sisyphus, Rendezvous, Facade)

Fate/Grand Order: Absolute Demonic Front - Babylonia Episode 1
This is going to be good. I'm looking forward to seeing how this unfolds.

Is the Order a Rabbit?? ~Sing for You~ OVA
Another delightfully adorable OVA of CGDCT.

Stop This Sound: Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 1
A tough loss and facing reality.

Sword Art Online Alicization: War of the Underworld Episode 0
Recap episode.

Val x Love Episode 1
Seems like this is going to be interesting watch.

We Never Learn: BOKUBEN Season 2 Episode 1
Misunderstanding's and Hot Springs.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun Episode 1
Pretty decent so far. It reminds me of Rosario Vampire in some aspects.

BEM Episode 11
A trial and tribulations.

Fairy Gone 2nd Season Episode 1 [13]
The first half for this was pretty decent, hopefully the second can do the same. It's rather ironic with what Ray Dawn has done after what he said at the start and what the Fairies can do to humans.

Shoujo☆Conte All Starlight Episode 14

Vinland Saga Episode 13
A major reveal and secret plans.

Africa Salaryman episode 1 An utterly bizarre concept that I wonder will succeed over the course of the season.

Babylon episodes 1-3 A serious cop thriller? I’m in.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 127 Pervy Sage’ legacy lives on.

Special 7: Special Crime Investigation Unit episode 1 This appears to cover some of the themes explored in Cop Craft and I hope to see some interesting new angles to the concepts.

Vinland Saga episode 13 Lurking in the background for the sake of survival.

Ring 0: Birthday (Film)

Love Lab
episode 1

Last edited:
Flip Flappers [Rewatch] episode 1
Doing a weekly rewatch for the show's third anniversary

Girls Frontline Chibi Theatre episode 12

Star☆Twinkle PreCure episodes 29-30

00451 and The Sculptor's Clayground
Two videos released as part of the larger This House Has People in It ARG developed by Alan Resnick. One of the weirdest projects to come Adult Swim that still confuses viewers to this day as the life of an ordinary family falls into chaos when faced with a disease that may or may not even exist.

1. Evil Dead II
  2. Army of Darkness
  3. The Cabin in the Woods
  6. This House Has People in It

Last edited:
Africa Salaryman ep 1
Well that was something. Didn't expect a full run time episode, probably because the 2 shows I would compare it to Aggrestsuko and Honda-san are shorter shows.
It's not as good as either though, animation best described as quirky, but not in a good way and humour is quite boorish and not smart or witty like the 2 I mentioned.
Might give it one more episode.

Special 7: Special Crime Investigation Unit ep 1
Cool cop show with a rookie joining a rebel unit that stop crime any which way. Seems the world is similar to Cop Craft, but instead of aliens co-existing, it's Elves, Vampires and Dwarves. Not much was made of that aspect, but if I were to take a guess at who the bad guys are after that first episode, I would say
Nine were a group of Vampires

Fairy Gone s1 p2 e1
Flashback episode. A much needed full explanation of why/what happened to Marlya and her village.

Vinland Saga ep 13
Grand plans revealed.

Don't like the new OP.
I would say it's less dynamic, but has nice integration of the map from the manga and the Bayeux Tapestry (although those events are 50 years later than the setting of the show). And the song is by MAN WITH A MISSION 👍, but on first listen not quite as good as some of their others. The ED song is OK, but definitely no Aimer (although milet seems to be a fairly new artist).
None of the OP/EDs I've seen this season have grabbed me straight away like a lot of the Summer ones.

ARIFURETA: From Commonplace to World's Strongest Episode 13 (Complete)
A solid conclusion for now. (An isekai series that I felt that should've received a 24-26 ep runtime instead of 13, because this had the potential to be so much better than what it was, and because of that the show suffered heavily from the missing content. At least it was still a fun series overall. I'm looking forward to the second season.) 3.5/5

Didn't I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life?! Episode 1
Cute moe girls? I'm gonna like this for sure.

Phantasy Star Online 2: Episode Oracle Episode 1
This seems like an interesting show so far.

ARIFURETA: From Commonplace to World's Strongest (Japanese audio) - Episodes 10-13 (Completed)

As a fan of the light novel source material, I'm very disappointed in how this adaptation has been handled. Cutting and rushing content, poorly handled CG that is very unpolished and moments that did not happen or were misplaced. I did like the 2D animation and character designs and the music was an interesting choice for the soundtrack. The opening song and sequence I do like though the sequence itself could have been polished more. In the end, I have decided to rate the series a 6 out of 10 (above average). I still would watch this over Isekai Cheat Magician and Demon Lord, Retry! to be honest.

If you are interested in checking out the source material, it's available to read on J-Novel Club and in physical form by Seven Seas Entertainment. The anime adapts the first four light novel volumes.

Keijo!!!!!!!! [Rewatch] episodes 7-9

SSSS.GRIDMAN episodes 5-6

Too Many Cooks and Unedited Footage of a Bear
More shorts from Adult Swim's Infomercials block.
  1. Evil Dead II
  2. Army of Darkness
  3. The Cabin in the Woods
  6. This House Has People in It
  7. Too Many Cooks/Unedited Footage of a Bear

Watched Oldboy the other day. Great great film! I was surprised by how much I had actually forgotten about the intricacies of the story!

Also been watching Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam. About half way through so far. Really enjoy the politics and overall story of the show but christ have they made these characters unlikable. Does make it tough at times! With the exception of Bright and Emma I dont particularly like anyone.

Ace of Diamond Act II ep 28
Black Clover ep 104
Z/X Code Reunion ep 1
Jet Girls ep 1
School-Live! ep 8-12 [END]

Really good, not a anime I'd rewatch as it's hard to watch for me but either way powerful stuff. 7/10

Last edited:
Back