Your viewing journal

Shirobako episode 11

Laid-Back Camp [Rewatch] episode 1
Yeah that's right I'm doing a weekly rewatch in the lead up to Heya Camp next season. It's just really good iyashikei

The Cabin in the Woods
Great fun as a parody of horror while still serving up a great story. The purge scene still ranks high as one of my favourite horror moments. 8/10

1. Evil Dead II - 8/10
  2. Army of Darkness - 8/10
  3. The Cabin in the Woods - 8/10

Gundam Build Divers - Episodes 00 - 3

I know I'm a year behind on this but I wanted to get round to it with the sequel airing imminently. These episodes are full of exposition explaining the setup!

Armed Girl's Machiavellism (Japanese audio) - Episodes 4-9
Assassination Classroom Season 2 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 7-9
Snow White with the Red Hair Season 1 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 7-9

Outburst Dreamer Boys ep 1
Is that a ... reference!
Seems like it could be fun.

Null & Peta ep 1
A new version of onee-chan. Short, but sweet.

Dr. Stone ep 14
Tournament time.

Black Fox (complete)
After that start I thought it would be a gritty revenge thriller with a cool ninja fox girl, but it wasn't quite like that. It was an odd sort of superhero team origin story. Although it was full of coincidences and a little bit rushed, but the action was pretty good with good art and animation.
After that ending I guess it could stop there (even though the big big bad was still there) or continue going into a big franchise. I hope at least the current situation gets a resolution, but as an original there's no way of knowing until we get an announcement.
7/10

A Certain Scientific Accelerator (English Dub) Episode 11

Dr. STONE (English Dub) Episode 12

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II (English Dub) Episode 10

Waiting in the Summer (English Dub) Episode 9

Dr. STONE Episode 14
Crushed ambitions and squashed nuts. OUCH!

Granblue Fantasy The Animation Season 2 Episode 1
Hopefully this season is as good as the first.

Dr. STONE episode 14 “I am the God of hellfire, and I bring you...”

Null Peta episode 1 Bizarre but charming.

Outburst Dreamer Boys episode 1 Also bizarre but fun.

Ringu (Film)

Long Riders!
episodes 7-12 (Complete. A pleasant CGDCT anime centring around cycling. It doesn’t break much new ground but was an easy watch.) 3.5/5

Null & Peta episode 1
Wasn't expecting this to be a short series but it's still great fun. Perhaps the closest comparison would be the Hakase and Nano scenes from Nichijo.

Dr Stone episode 14

Shirobako episode 12

Keijo!!!!!!!! [Rewatch] episode 6

SSSS.GRIDMAN episodes 3-4

Symphogear AXZ Specials 1-4
More fun nonsense. Looking forward to the XV specials now. 8/10

Black Fox

After reading up on the unusual production history of this "movie" and all the hype surrounding it I think it was well deserved. The story itself is really good despite only acting as a four episode beginning arc for what was originally a TV series. The production itself is amazing due to the healthy production schedule and attracted a lot of talent with character designs being handled by former KyoAni employee Atsushi Saito and animators like Shingo Yamashita, Keiichiro Watanabe and fresh talent from Studio LAN handling what would've been episode 4's climactic battle. Studio 3Hz continues to be one of my favourite studios and I'd really love to see them continue this in potential sequel movies. 9/10

Tribetwelve
(Fortunes, DEATHTRAPEXODUS, Crawlspace, Pitfall)
The first four videos in the Fortunes Arc. This arc is a real treat visually as creator Adam Rosner continues to refine his editing skills, creating impossible labyrinths and hellish visions.

1. Evil Dead II - 8/10
  2. Army of Darkness - 8/10
  3. The Cabin in the Woods - 8/10
  4. Tribetwelve (Fortunes, DEATHTRAPEXODUS, Crawlspace, Pitfall)

My Hero Academia season 3

Another excellent entry into the MHA universe. Probably enjoyed part 1 more than part 2 overall though the big emotional beat in each part was very well executed. The action was great. The progression of the story surprised me. And the world building (particularly in part 2 was fun and makes the show even more interesting)

Cant wait to see what's next.

Also watched Sympathy for Mr Vengeance. A really great first entry into the Vengeance trilogy. I'd actually forgotten almost everything about it which made this rewatch much better. It's a slow film which spends time letting us get to know its characters which makes the "action" all the more brutal when it happens.

Dr Stone episode 14
Null and Peta episode 1
Didn't realise this was a short but enjoyable enough.

Granblue Fantasy Season 2 episode 1
Is it me or does Gran look a lot older than he did last season?

His and Her Circumstances episode 19
I shall write a review of the rest when I finish however this was the popsicle episode by the creator and director of Gurren Lagann no less. And it is amazing, it is so creative the using and animating someones actual face was clever. The only part I dont understand is the famous setting fire to one of the puppets I guess you would call them. I loved it, I love this show completely it shows the talent of this crew who most of would go onto to create some of the best anime of the 2000s.

Val X Love ep 1
Stop This Sound! ep 14
BokuBen s2 ep 1
Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 0

It was great for what it was. 6/10

Fate/Grand Order: Absolute Demonic Front - Babylonia
ep 1

Last edited:
Carole & Tuesday - Episode 24 [Final]

Well that came to a very predictable (sign-posted since the first episode) and rather lacklustre ending.

Macross Plus - Episode 1 (Blu-ray)

Rewatch ahead of a review on the podcast.

Gundam Build Divers - Episodes 4 & 5

Wow, this is incredibly sickly sweet compared to the previous series.

Armed Girl's Machiavellism (Japanese audio) - Episodes 10-12 (Completed)
Armed Girl's Machiavellism: Badump! A Pleasure Trip with All the Five Swords (Japanese audio) - OVA
Claymore (Japanese audio) - Episodes 4-9
Snow White with the Red Hair Season 1 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 10-12 (Completed)

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-Kun episode 1 Seems like a lively show so far.

We Never Learn: BOKUBEN Season 2 episode 1 The first season was decent enough so hoping this is also.

Rasen (Film)

Ring 2 (Film)

Doctor Who: The Trial of a Time Lord
Some segments were better than others but Colin Baker is on great form and there’s some intriguing ideas and concepts too. I’m writing up a more comprehensive review of this that I’ll post in the Who forum when it’s sorted.

Kemono Michi: Rise Up ep1

Ended up watching this as Africa Salaryman isn't out until tomorrow. It's not without a certain charm, but this episode was stunningly dumb, and I don't feel greatly inclined to stick with it.

Back