Your viewing journal

I've never seen this OVA, but I remember seeing the attention-grabbing VHS front covers in games magazines in the earlier days of Manga Video.

That cover is largely what drew my attention as well. It’s by the late Noriyoshi Ohrai, a well known painter of film posters and pulp novel covers who’s a favourite of mine - he always had a knack for an attention grabbing image. Unfortunately, the character design for Kato in the series is much leaner and less impressive; he looks like a stiff breeze would knock him over!

It’s a strange beast though, that series. Wiki suggests it was sexed up to ride the popularity of similarly apocalyptic OVAs like Overfiend, but there’s a fairly compelling story in there behind it all, albeit one that’s not always well told.

Cannon Busters (Japanese audio) - Episodes 10-12 (Completed)
VINLAND SAGA
(Japanese audio) - Episode 12

Slowly catching up with the simulcasts. Cop Craft finishes tomorrow and I aim to try and finish the last three episodes then, and Arifureta I can tackle anytime since the 13th episode doesn't air until 7th October (would have been tomorrow but they had a recap episode a couple of weeks back). YU-NO finishes airing on Tuesday.

On-Going Simulcasts from Spring 2019 Season - 2 titles:
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World - 25 of 26 up-to-date

On-Going Simulcasts from Spring 2019 Season: Completed - 2 titles:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - 26 episodes length [8/10]
Fruits Basket 1st Season - 25 episodes length [8/10]

Summer 2019 Season: Completed - 11 titles:
Astra Lost in Space - 12 episodes length [9/10]
Cannon Busters - 12 episodes length [6/10]
Demon Lord, Retry! - 12 episodes length [5/10]
Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks? - 12 episodes length [7/10]
Given - 11 episodes length [8/10]
Hensuki: Are you willing to fall in love with a pervert, as long as she's a cutie? - 12 episodes length [6/10]
How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? - 12 episodes length [8/10]
If It’s for My Daughter, I’d Even Defeat a Demon Lord - 12 episodes length [7/10]
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II - 12 episodes length [8/10]
Isekai Cheat Magician - 12 episodes length [4/10]
To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts - 12 episodes length [6/10]

Summer 2019 Season - 4 titles:
Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest - 9 of 13 [2 eps behind]
Cop Craft - 9 of 12 [2 eps behind]
Dr. STONE - 13 of 24 up-to-date
VINLAND SAGA - 12 of 24 up-to-date

Netflix - 1 title:
Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya - 6 of 6 (6 more are coming soon)

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 126 Pot meet slice-of-ninja-life.

Vinland Saga episode 12 Go West.

Locodol episodes 1-5

Re:Stage ep 12 [END]

S2 pls 6/10

Fate/Apocrypha
ep 20-25 [END]

It was rather average all around, until it got to the last arc and got quite fun to me. Some cool set pieces and mini character arcs conclusions. 6/10

Last edited:
A Certain Scientific Accelerator (English Dub) Episode 10

Cutie Honey Universe (English Dub) Episode 12 (Complete)

Dr. STONE (English Dub) Episode 11

Waiting in the Summer (English Dub) Episode 8

BEM Episode 10
A major reveal and a betrayal.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 26 (Complete)
Goodbyes and a new mission. (Studio Ufotable does it again. A series with spectacular fights and plenty of potential. For me this was definitely the AOTS despite it's few issues and the animation looked amazing. I'm so looking forward to the film.) 4/5

Fairy Tail Episode 328 (Complete)
End of an Era and new Beginning's. (And with this, Fairy Tail comes to an end. As a whole, this has been a really fun series that I have personally enjoyed every moment of since the very beginning with its really good story, great looking animation, wonderful cast of characters and impressive magic fights. In the end though, I'm definitely going to miss this series. Overall this has been a very fun ride and a worthwhile 10 years spent watching this from start to finish. Hopefully at some point in the future we get an anime continuation with the 100 years Quest sequel.) 3.5/5

Mix: Meisei Story Episode 24 (Complete)
A defeat and a disappointing outcome. (A pretty decent sports series that doesn't do anything new, but at least it got me engrossed enough to keep me watching each week.) 3/5

Re:Stage! Dream Days♪ Episode 12 (Complete)
So near, and yet so far. (A fun idol series that isn't really any different from any other idol series out there but at least I found the music to be good and the performances where entertaining and solid.) 3/5

Shoujo☆Conte All Starlight Episode 13

Vinland Saga Episode 12
An unexpected and pretty chill episode this week for the most part.

Episodes 1-11 of Terror In Resonance - so glad I finally got to it and finished it.
Episodes 1-11 of Violet Evergarden - only 2 episodes to go!
Episodes 1-11 of Psycho Pass - it's been in my backlog forever like Terror. I'm going to continue watching 12 onwards today.
Episode 1 of Carole & Tuesday - I need to try and continue this when I can but I have Banana Fish to finish.

Demon Slayer ep 26 (complete)
Training complete and off on a new mission.
Real mixed bag character wise, but otherwise mostly excellent. I really enjoyed it right up to the point they introduced the "comedy" duo who proceeded to scream at one another or at Tanjiro for most of the rest of the arc including the entire 14th episode! Making it probably the worst episode I've seen in the 2 years I've been watching seasonally, but either side are 2 nominees for episode of the season in 4 and 19! When they weren't on screen the Tsuzumi Mansion arc was really interesting with a cool final battle and the Spider Family arc was excellent, it helped with the other 2 a bit calmer/knocked out. The final arc was a bit boring in comparison as it was mostly training, but had some good moments.
Production wise everything was great art, animation and music. Looking back to what I gave it in the Spring thoughts thread, it's gone back up to...
8/10

Dr. Stone
ep 13
A clear shot at the crown.

Vinland Saga ep 12
A cafty idea.

Cop Craft (Japanese audio) - Episodes 10-12 (Completed)

On-Going Simulcasts from Spring 2019 Season - 2 titles:
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World - 25 of 26 up-to-date

On-Going Simulcasts from Spring 2019 Season: Completed - 2 titles:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - 26 episodes length [8/10]
Fruits Basket 1st Season - 25 episodes length [8/10]

Summer 2019 Season: Completed - 12 titles:
Astra Lost in Space - 12 episodes length [9/10]
Cannon Busters - 12 episodes length [6/10]
Cop Craft - 12 episodes length [7/10]
Demon Lord, Retry! - 12 episodes length [5/10]
Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks? - 12 episodes length [7/10]
Given - 11 episodes length [8/10]
Hensuki: Are you willing to fall in love with a pervert, as long as she's a cutie? - 12 episodes length [6/10]
How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? - 12 episodes length [8/10]
If It’s for My Daughter, I’d Even Defeat a Demon Lord - 12 episodes length [7/10]
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II - 12 episodes length [8/10]
Isekai Cheat Magician - 12 episodes length [4/10]
To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts - 12 episodes length [6/10]

Summer 2019 Season - 3 titles:
Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest - 9 of 13 [3 eps behind]
Dr. STONE - 13 of 24 up-to-date
VINLAND SAGA - 12 of 24 up-to-date

Netflix - 1 title:
Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya - 6 of 6 (6 more are coming soon)

Cop Craft episode 12 Peace for now? (Complete. A fun throwback to the buddy cop genre with a alien twist. It’s a shame they had production issues and it does show in the animation and pacing at times but I still enjoyed this as something a bit different.) 3.5/5

Locodol
episodes 6-12 & OVAs (Complete. A lighthearted comedy series about home town idols that, though not that original, was a nice and pleasant watch throughout.) 3.5/5

Last edited:
Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest Episode 12
Another reunion and an unlikely saviour.

Cop Craft Episode 12 (Complete)
Losing your head. (A detective series with some rather sensitive and pretty stong prejudice and discrimination themes. Despite that, This was still a solid show overall.) 3.5/5

We Never Learn: BOKUBEN Episode 5-6 (JP Blu-ray version)

Midnight Occult Civil Servants episodes 14-15
I really enjoyed this OVA and I want another season now. I doubt it'll get one though but it was one of my best of the season when it was on weekly.

Back