Your viewing journal

Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks? (Japanese audio) - Episodes 10-12 (Completed)
Dr. STONE
(Japanese audio) - Episode 13
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II (Japanese audio) - Episodes 11-12 (Completed)

On-Going Simulcasts from Spring 2019 Season - 2 titles:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - 25 of 26 up-to-date
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World - 25 of 26 up-to-date

On-Going Simulcasts from Spring 2019 Season: Completed - 1 title:
Fruits Basket 1st Season - 25 episodes length [8/10]

Summer 2019 Season: Completed - 10 titles:
Astra Lost in Space - 12 episodes length [9/10]
Demon Lord, Retry! - 12 episodes length [5/10]
Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks? - 12 episodes length [7/10]
Given - 11 episodes length [8/10]
Hensuki: Are you willing to fall in love with a pervert, as long as she's a cutie? - 12 episodes length [6/10]
How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? - 12 episodes length [8/10]
If It’s for My Daughter, I’d Even Defeat a Demon Lord - 12 episodes length [7/10]
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II - 12 episodes length [8/10]
Isekai Cheat Magician - 12 episodes length [4/10]
To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts - 12 episodes length [6/10]

Summer 2019 Season - 4 titles:
Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest - 9 of 13 [2 eps behind]
Cop Craft - 9 of 12 [2 eps behind]
Dr. STONE - 13 of 24 up-to-date
VINLAND SAGA - 11 of 24 up-to-date

Netflix - 2 titles:
Cannon Busters - 6 of 12 [6 eps left]
Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya - 6 of 6 (6 more are coming soon)

A Certain Scientific Accelerator episode 12 (Complete. After ACMI III disappointed I was pleased to see that this was a worthwhile spin-off with some appropriately dark themes for a story focusing on someone like Accelerator.) 3.5/5

Dr. STONE
episode 13 She (un)blinded me with Science!

Granbelm episode 13 A firm decision (Complete. An unexpected standout for this season which featured some sublime fights and a story that became more interesting as the developments were revealed.) 4/5

Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II
episode 12 Goodbyes and tears. (Complete. A solid follow up to the first season that delved into darker territory with its storytelling and themes, though the early episodes felt a bit rushed in parts.) 3.5/5

Rambo III (Film)
A pure action-fest and very over-the-top fun. It was neat seeing Rambo finally fight alongside Trautman after two flicks too. 3.5/5

Legend of the Galactic Heroes
episodes 93-98

Last edited:
A Certain Scientific Accelerator ep 12 [END]

This manga is a dud in the Toaru universe for me, but they did a good job with it. 5/10

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II
ep 12 [END]

Bring on S3! 6/10

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
ep 19-24 [END]

Half the anime is meh.. but it's pretty good where it's good. 6/10

Last edited:
Doomed Megalopolis (1991) OVA 3

Finally introducing a capable opponent for Kato in the form of a shrewd young shrine maiden, this instalment is easily the most successful so far and, with a bit of further development, could potentially have formed the basis of a stand-alone film in its own right. I know there was a very successful live-action film based on the same source material released a few years prior to this series, so if it's available in English, I'd be interest to see how that compares.

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II (English Dub) Episode 9

Miss Caretaker of Sunohara-sou (English Dub) Episode 10

A Certain Scientific Accelerator Episode 12 (Complete)
(Following on from the disappointment that was ACMI III, this was a worthwhile spin-off series with it's rather appropriately darker scenario for a story with Accelerator as its main focus.) 3.5/5

Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks? Episode 12 (Complete)
Fake Mother's abound. (A ridiculously fun and surprisingly entertaining series that I really wasn't expecting to much from but in the end though this was quite a decent show.) 3/5

Dr. STONE Episode 13
Science to the rescue.

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II Episode 12 (Complete)
Weeping farewells. (A solid second season that continues on from where the first season left off, but this time dives right into some darker and rather mature themes this time around. Can't wait for season 3.) 3.5/5

Midnight Occult Civil Servants: Hitoribocchi no Kyuuketsuki Episode 14-15 (OVA 1-2)
Quite the intriguing case. Seo's backstory was also really interesting.

Black Fox Preview Episode
Really promising start. Looking forward to the full movie.

Dr Stone episode 13

The Demon Girl Next Door episode 12 [End]
Another hit from Manga Time Kirara. Definitely one of the best comedies to come from the magazine with a good balance between the that and and the more serious moments. 8/10

The Demon Girl Next Door episode 12 (complete)
I enjoyed this series a lot more than I expected to. A good comedy and one of the best of the season for me personally (also I want that cat). 8/10

Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-hit Multi-target Attacks?
episode 12 (complete)
A fun series and I liked the overall concept, but you basically got what you expected going in so it was okay and had some funny bits. 7/10

Is It Wrong Try to Pickup Girls in a Dungeon?? II episode 12 (complete)
This was disappointing for me. I really liked the first season and maybe I went in to it expecting too much I don't know. It was just a bit average I think. 6/10

A Certain Scientific Accelerator
episode 12 (complete)
This one really was a let down I thought. I didn't really expect much anyway after Index III so honestly didn't expect much but somehow managed to get less. It was really hit-and-miss as well and for some reason I always found my mind wandering with this series and I'd stop paying attention as it was a bit boring. 5/10 for me.

Dr Stone episode 13

Galaxy Express 999, Episodes 27-35

snapshot_02.00_[2019.09.26_21.49.14].png

It's as a thought-provoking travelogue that GE999 is at its best (it's a bit like Kino's Journey for kids to destroy the hopes and dreams of children) and on that front, this batch of episodes is actually pretty good. We've got fracking world, which sees an old mercenary return to his beloved home planet to find it's been ecologically devastated, who ultimately comes to the conclusion that Tetsuro was better off hating his home planet, because at least he can never be heartbroken over what happens to it. Cheery.

We have cannibal world, where the morality of cannibalism is examined much more reasonably than the subject probably warrants. It's interesting but no longer surprising that Maetel seems more well disposed towards cannibals (whom she even discovers in the act of cooking Tetsuro in an oven) than she has been towards other far less morally repellent people. We travel to ghost world, where the spirits of the dead hang around the remains of their destroyed planet trying to possess people so they can live out the dreams that were cut short in life:

snapshot_15.12_[2019.09.26_21.39.35].png
You gotta pay the troll toll.

And then we've got episodes like Tarzan world (which I honestly zoned out during) gold-plated world (where everything is gold plated and non-gold plated people are discriminated against in a rather unnecessarily convoluted metaphor for racism) and the Planet of Screws, where they make screws and everything's made of screws. What adventures does Tetsuro get up to on the Planet of Screws, you ask? Well:

snapshot_09.10_[2019.09.27_17.07.58].png

For ****'s sake. However, the same plot device being used for what feels like about the 20th time doesn't actually detract so much from this one, which is quite clever on several levels, with the machine-like world making allusions to Tetsuro's feelings regarding obtaining a machine body and even hints at things to come:

snapshot_18.38_[2019.09.27_17.25.08].png
FORESHADOWING

But this is GE999, and it can't resist the urge to leave things on a bleak note. For making the unique screw that allows the 999 to continue on its journey, what does poor Spiral, the indebted machine-woman stuck making the same screws all day every day for ever (because she's now immortal) receive? A pass to ride the train? A couple of those bags of gold the passengers inexplicably receive for travel expenses (which seem to have been forgotten about recently) to pay off her debts? Nope, she gets a sense of satisfaction in her work so she can carry on making screws for eternity. The ride, truly, never ends.

Cannon Busters (Japanese audio) - Episodes 7-9
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (Japanese audio) - Episode 26 (Completed)

On-Going Simulcasts from Spring 2019 Season - 2 titles:
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World - 25 of 26 up-to-date

On-Going Simulcasts from Spring 2019 Season: Completed - 2 titles:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - 26 episodes length [8/10]
Fruits Basket 1st Season - 25 episodes length [8/10]

Summer 2019 Season: Completed - 10 titles:
Astra Lost in Space - 12 episodes length [9/10]
Demon Lord, Retry! - 12 episodes length [5/10]
Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks? - 12 episodes length [7/10]
Given - 11 episodes length [8/10]
Hensuki: Are you willing to fall in love with a pervert, as long as she's a cutie? - 12 episodes length [6/10]
How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? - 12 episodes length [8/10]
If It’s for My Daughter, I’d Even Defeat a Demon Lord - 12 episodes length [7/10]
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II - 12 episodes length [8/10]
Isekai Cheat Magician - 12 episodes length [4/10]
To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts - 12 episodes length [6/10]

Summer 2019 Season - 4 titles:
Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest - 9 of 13 [2 eps behind]
Cop Craft - 9 of 12 [2 eps behind]
Dr. STONE - 13 of 24 up-to-date
VINLAND SAGA - 11 of 24 up-to-date

Netflix - 2 titles:
Cannon Busters - 9 of 12 [3 eps left]
Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya - 6 of 6 (6 more are coming soon)

Mix: Meisei Story ep 24 [END]

Quite a feel good series. 6/10

Yaiba
ep 26 [END]

Average. 5/10

Lord El-Melloi II Case Files: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note
ep 13 [END]

S2 please. 6/10

Gabriel DropOut
ep 6-7

Last edited:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba episode 26 Heart. (Complete. A series with potential and some very impressive fights. It did drag a bit in places, however, and I never warmed to Zenitsu and his comedy but overall I’m looking forward to seeing where the story progresses.) 3.5/5

Fairy Tail: Final Season
episode 328 The end for now. (Complete. Underwhelming is the best word to describe the final season of Fairy Tail for me personally. It certainly had its highlights here and there with characters moments and fights but I can’t say it had much of an impression on me which is a shame as I enjoyed the series up to this point.) 2.5/5

Legend of the Galactic Heroes
episodes 99-110 (Complete. A lengthy space opera that fleshed out its characters and provided engaging action that acted as the backdrop to intriguing political turmoil. I was taken aback by some of the twists and turns the story took, especially with the fates of some of the characters. I’m grateful that this was on HiDIVE as there was no way of affording the Blu Ray.) 4/5

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba episode 26 [End]
Aside from writing and pacing issues in the first half this series really improved over time especially with the introduction of Zenitsu and Inosuke. I'm a fan of idiot characters and this series delivered. As expected of ufotable the production is really good despite most of the staff working on other projects. Really looking forward to the film. 8/10

Symphogear XV
episode 13 [End]
The conclusion of the franchise. I really am going to miss this ridiculously good series. Easily up there as one of my favourite anime with Hibiki being one of my favourite characters. A great culmination of the themes from the past four seasons with a finale that had me on the edge of my seat. Thank you Symphogear! Also HibiMiku Real. 10/10

The Idolm@ster
episode 12

The Girl from the Other Side OVA
A short rather reminiscent of older black and white era animation and silent film with great direction and visual storytelling. One of Studio WIT's best looking productions. I do hope they do a TV series. 8/10

Magical Girl Lyrical NANOHA A's Episode 1-13 (Complete)
(A very good second season. Having enjoyed the first season of Nanoha, I immediately set to watching this sequel. In many ways, A's outshines the original as a lot of the peeves I had from that show are non-existent now. The story in the original was good and A's takes it to a new level and there is no comparison. The action picks up from basically the first minute and doesn’t stop. A world of magic is further expanded on as a story that puts you through all the emotions and has a number of shocking surprises that you won’t see coming. Visually, A's looks good with the improved animation and the fights are exciting, explosive, and on a much grander scale than anything from before.

Nanoha and Fate return as the same bubbly characters from the first series. There role with the Space-Time Administration Bureau expands more and we get to know Lindy, Amy, and Chrono better as well as some new characters within the agency. It was disappointing though that several characters from the original series were left out a bit as we see very little of Yuuno, Arf, Arisa, and Suzuka. There is however a plethora of new characters and my opinion of them is mixed. They are interesting, have complex motivations for doing what they do. The main problem is that now there are so many new characters that the cast just becomes so large that it’s impossible to really get to know any of them that well. As with the first, this season was also enjoyable. 3.5/5
Wow, really? That's amazing, because this MAL user called Skadi said the very same thing(s) in their review:
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's

The Demon Girl Next Door ep 12 (complete)
Momo has a plan.
A fun show with some good characters, but not as funny as WDoHSG. It also suffered from the too much info on screen/rapid talking coupled with HiDive's hard to read subs, but unlike WDoHSG I'm not particularly bothered with going back one day for the dub.
Art was very nice and the animation good.
7/10

O Maidens in Your Savage Season
eps 11 & 12 (complete)
A shock announcement and a colourful conclusion.
A very amusing show with some melodrama that nearly derailed it, but I think the conclusion pulled it back around with the characters finding their true feelings, if maybe a bit rushed. Some of melodrama cut close to the bone and was a little uncomfortable, although I think you're meant to feel like that before the turn at the end, I mean how satisfying was it when Sugawara punched the peado, although it was played for laughs which undercut the seriousness of the situation! Sonezaki was probably my favourite character and went through the best arc as well. Reminded me of Shirase from APFTTU in lots of ways.
Nice art and animation.
8/10

Demon Slayer episode 26 (complete)
This dragged for me and the side-characters were a bit annoying. I put the last half of the second cour on hold and then just watched it right through and it was a lot more enjoyable not having to wait a week to find out what happened next.
I'm not sure what's gonna happen with this film but that's even assuming we even get it and I'm not liking this trend of anime films instead of sequels.
So it could be better and had serious pacing issues but I do want to find out what happens next so 7/10.

Doomed Megalopolis (1991) OVA 2

Purists will no doubt roll their eyes, but I think this is slightly easier to follow in its dubbed version.
I've never seen this OVA, but I remember seeing the attention-grabbing VHS front covers in games magazines in the earlier days of Manga Video.

Its English-language title is definitely superior, I think. In Japanese it has the rather dull moniker of Teito Monogatari, which translates as something as mundane as "Imperial City story". Doomed Megalopolis, on the other hand is far more charismatic, and coupled with those front covers would made you want to know why it's doomed and who that demonic-looking fascist dude on the cover of volume 1 is. Manga probably had this production punching above its weight just with their design work, I'm guessing.

Back