Your viewing journal

Doomed Megalopolis (1991) OVA 2

Purists will no doubt roll their eyes, but I think this is slightly easier to follow in its dubbed version. There is something to it though. At its best, it's stark and moody with an ever-present sense of mounting dread, but it can be draggy and downright baffling too. If nothing else, I at least want to know how it's all going to end.

Isekai Cheat Magician (Japanese audio) - Episode 12 (Completed)

On-Going Simulcasts from Spring 2019 Season - 2 titles:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - 25 of 26 up-to-date
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World - 25 of 26 up-to-date

On-Going Simulcasts from Spring 2019 Season: Completed - 1 title:
Fruits Basket 1st Season - 25 episodes length [8/10]

Summer 2019 Season: Completed - 8 titles:
Astra Lost in Space - 12 episodes length [9/10]
Demon Lord, Retry! - 12 episodes length [5/10]
Given - 11 episodes length [8/10]
Hensuki: Are you willing to fall in love with a pervert, as long as she's a cutie? - 12 episodes length [6/10]
How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? - 12 episodes length [8/10]
If It’s for My Daughter, I’d Even Defeat a Demon Lord - 12 episodes length [7/10]
Isekai Cheat Magician - 12 episodes length [4/10]
To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts - 12 episodes length [6/10]

Summer 2019 Season - 6 titles:
Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest - 9 of 13 [2 eps behind]
Cop Craft - 9 of 12 [2 eps behind]
Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks? - 9 of 12 [2 eps behind]
Dr. STONE - 12 of 24 up-to-date
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II - 10 of 12 [1 ep behind]
VINLAND SAGA - 11 of 24 up-to-date

Netflix - 2 titles:
Cannon Busters - 6 of 12 [6 eps left]
Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya - 6 of 6 (6 more are coming soon)

Been giving My Hero Academia a rewatch before getting into season 3. So far watched season 1 and the first few of s2. This show is so easy and fun to watch. And its message of hope and believing in oneself is so uplifting. Plus Ultra!

Laid-Back Camp ep 10
Kiss Him, Not Me! ep 8
School Babysitters ep 11-12 [END]

Really dig the romance parts on this, both girls are very cute and likable. The babies are annoying aside from the MC brother tho 5/10

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
ep 16-17

Last edited:
Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 12 (Complete)
(A good but rather generically cliche isekai series with its story plot and OP MC's. On the other hand, at least it tried to be different. In the end though this was pretty disappointing. At least the animation was decent.) 3/5

Magical Girl Lyrical NANOHA A's Episode 1-13 (Complete)
(A very good second season. Having enjoyed the first season of Nanoha, I immediately set to watching this sequel. In many ways, A's outshines the original as a lot of the peeves I had from that show are non-existent now. The story in the original was good and A's takes it to a new level and there is no comparison. The action picks up from basically the first minute and doesn’t stop. A world of magic is further expanded on as a story that puts you through all the emotions and has a number of shocking surprises that you won’t see coming. Visually, A's looks good with the improved animation and the fights are exciting, explosive, and on a much grander scale than anything from before.

Nanoha and Fate return as the same bubbly characters from the first series. There role with the Space-Time Administration Bureau expands more and we get to know Lindy, Amy, and Chrono better as well as some new characters within the agency. It was disappointing though that several characters from the original series were left out a bit as we see very little of Yuuno, Arf, Arisa, and Suzuka. There is however a plethora of new characters and my opinion of them is mixed. They are interesting, have complex motivations for doing what they do. The main problem is that now there are so many new characters that the cast just becomes so large that it’s impossible to really get to know any of them that well. As with the first, this season was also enjoyable. 3.5/5

Magical Girl Lyrical NANOHA The Movie 1st
(This was a decent film and quite the impressive first season retelling. Nonetheless, the pacing is good, keeping my interested throughout the unusually long 130-minute run time. The music is also good, leaning toward an orchestral, cinematic style, and even the couple of English-language characters buck the general anime trend by being fairly passable actors. On a positive note the animation is much improved which made the action scenes and magical fight better. Overall the was very enjoyable.) 3/5

Isekai Cheat Magician episode 12 (complete)
I thought this was just a really generic isekai series that didn't do anything different but was okay to turn your brain off with. It left me a bit disappointed in the end though so 5/10 for me.

Mob Psycho 100 II OVA

Astra Lost in Space (English Dub) Episode 11

Demon Lord, Retry! (English Dub) Episode 11

How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? (English Dub) Episode 11

Granbelm Episode 13 (Complete)
A fitting conclusion. (For an anime original, this was a very good one. With an intriguing story plot, good looking animation and having a very interesting cast of characters made this into a worthwhile watch. Plus the fights are very good.) 3.5/5

Magical Girl Lyrical NANOHA the Movie 2nd A's
(This was a decent retelling of MGLN A's. As with the first film, the action scenes and magical fights visually still look good even with the improved and new animation scenes. Overall this was quite enjoyable.) 3/5

The Demon Girl Next Door Episode 12 (Complete)
Secrets and Truths. (The was a fun and light hearted SoL comedy with a fun cast of characters, decent animation and hilarious comedy. This was a good example of an uplifting comedy that doesn`t take anything to seriously. Overall it was a comfy and relaxing watch.) 3/5

The Demon Girl Next Door ep 12 [END]

It was pretty good, my favorite this season. Would love a 2nd season for this one. 7/10

Laid-Back Camp
ep 11-12 [END]

I dislike most of the cast on this. 4/10

Fate/Apocrypha
ep 19
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime ep 18

Last edited:
The Demon Girl Next Door episode 12 Yeet! (Complete. A very fun and easygoing series that I wasn’t expecting much from but found to be solid overall.) 3.5/5

Legend of the Galactic Heroes
episodes 85-92

Demon Slayer episodes 22-25
I put this on hold because I felt like it was dragging things out, but it was a lot more enjoyable leaving it to build up like this. Waiting an entire week between each episode did my head but I should be able to finish it off tomorrow now.

Mob Psycho 100 II OVA
Great fun as usual. 8/10

Granbelm episode 13 [End]
Despite some story pacing and rule issues this has become one of my favourites this season. Character writing was so good and episode 12 is likely to be my episode of the season. Really surprised with this one. 8/10

Hensuki eps 10-12 (complete)
tumblr_pqe8f2pKm61v9n2ng_250.gif

Guessed the Cinderella before the reveal, but I didn't see the reveal at the end as she already had a perversion of being a bro-con, but they gave her a second one for good measure. I did find the backstory as to why she liked the MC quite sweet though.
Overall the characters were either annoying or didn't have enough screen time to decide, although some of it was amusing.
The art was quite nice and the animation was fine.
6/10

GRANBELM
ep 13 (complete)
My interpretation of the last scene was
that the transfer student was Mangetsu.

Shingetsu also talks about how when a child thinks and acts on their own "it gives rise to [their] own free will". So whilst Mangetsu was born from Shingetsu's desires, she became her own person.

She also talks about Magiacontus telling her that Mangetsu wasn't a doll, but a friend. It was her last test, which I believe she failed and thus used the magic to recreate Mangetsu.

The lead up to that part was a bit of a red herring with nobody interacting with her after Suishou's warning that she would fade herself without magic in the world and I swear Nene was taller ie magic was no longer affecting her growth.

Overall the action side of the show was a bit too intense sometimes, making it hard to work out what was going on and the mech designs looked a bit odd, too short and too broad. But the psychological side of the story kept me invested right to end.
8/10

Mob Psycho 100 II
OVA
Onsen episode.

Midnight Occult Civil Servants OVA (eps 14-15, seems 13 came with the manga, but not made available for Crunchyroll)
Really interesting case, probably better than a lot of the cases in the main show!

Tsurune Special (ep 14)
Much more fun than the series. Shame they found an excuse for the idol to not show up. There could have been even more hijinks.

Back