Your viewing journal

Astra Lost in Space Episode 12 (Complete)
An emotional Homecoming. (A solid space series with a very interesting story and the constant dramatic twists and turns made this into a very entertaining weekly watch). 3.5/5

Demon Lord, Retry! Episode 12 (Complete)
A relaxing final episode. (A stereotypical isekai series with a likeable bunch of characters. The story is somewhat decent but other than that it wasn't that great). 3/5

How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? Episode 12 (Complete)
Beachside competition. (A fun series with plenty of educational facts and tips. With it's likeable cast of characters, good animation and decent soundtrack with that catchy OP/ED, this was an enjoyable weekly watch). 3.5/5

Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 11
The manipulator becomes the manipulated.

Doomed Megalopolis OVA 1

Well, that was a thing. Visually, there are some interesting sequences, but like so many productions of the time, it feels like it's aimed squarely at people who've already read the source novel, reducing characters to the barest of snapshots and making them difficult for the uninitiated to invest in.

Nisemonogatari 1-11 Still good but not as good, was glad to see Kiss-shot become happy again though. After Kizu I'm wondering if I have inadvertently seen the peak of the show because I never quite got off the hype train.
Yes critically I would say Kizu is the best but that was cos it look like 6 years to complete. (In Development hell for most of it)

Astra Lost in Space ep 12 (complete)
A fairly satisfying finale. I thought that they might have had a harder time of it when they got back from the a number of people who would have been interested in silencing them. Maybe suffered from the "too many endings" problem, but with a fairly large cast the only way to avoid that would be to have them all go back to space, but they have their own lives to live, so probably would have been a bit weird. One quibble on the history reveal, Charce says that the Third WW was a fake war to cover the missing 100 years and didn't happen right after describing something that sounds very much like a WW3 which was triggered by the revealing of the plan to move planets to the public back on Earth in which half of the population was killed and after which the plan to get rid of all the causes of war was cooked up! So it happened just not when those "lying adults" said it did.
Overall a satisfying sci-fi drama. Sometimes there were weird breaks from a serious moment straight into a weird goofy moment that was just jarring and probably too many cliffhangers that were resolved minutes into the next episode. Despite a large-ish cast I can remember most of the names, because they all got time in the spotlight.
The art was pretty good with some nice character designs and the animation was fairly good too.
8/10

Vinland Saga
ep 10
Dreaming of the past and future plans.

Scifi drama? Ooo, maybe I would actually like Astra Lost in Space then, if it is more serious than comical. How does it compare to YU-NO? I haven't completely caught up on that series yet, but I am liking it so far, with my only complaint being similar to what you said, there are sudden sex jokes or ecchi bits that are so random or unexpected that they come across as jarring or totally out of place.

I'd really like to be watching Vinland Saga, but that's on Amazon Prime, so I am unable to watch that one.

Last edited:
Scifi drama? Ooo, maybe I would actually like Astra Lost in Space then
Definitely more serious than comical. It does have it's fun moments, but nothing ecchi.
I trying to remember what happened in the first episode, so not to be too spoiler-y. I would say there are elements of shows such as Trek and Stargate and in terms of anime Ulyses 31, but there's also other parts of the plot that you don't see coming and some you might work out yourself.
As for the comparison with YU-NO, I only watched the first arc (will have to catch up soon), but I will say there's no time travel.

Given (Japanese audio) - Episode 10-11 (Completed)
If It’s for My Daughter, I’d Even Defeat a Demon Lord
(Japanese audio) - Episodes 11-12 (Completed)

On-Going Simulcasts from Spring 2019 Season - 3 titles:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - 24 of 26 up-to-date
Fruits Basket 1st Season - 24 of 25 up-to-date
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World - 24 of 26 up-to-date

Summer 2019 Season: Completed - 6 titles:
Astra Lost in Space - 12 episodes length [9/10]
Demon Lord, Retry! - 12 episodes length [5/10]
Given - 11 episodes length [8/10]
How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? - 12 episodes length [8/10]
If It’s for My Daughter, I’d Even Defeat a Demon Lord - 12 episodes length [7/10]
To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts - 12 episodes length [6/10]

Summer 2019 Season - 8 titles:
Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest - 9 of 13 [1 ep behind]
Cop Craft - 9 of 12 [1 ep behind]
Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks? - 9 of 12 [1 ep behind]
Dr. STONE - 11 of 24 up-to-date
Hensuki: Are you willing to fall in love with a pervert, as long as she's a cutie? - 9 of 12 [2 eps behind]
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II - 10 of 12 up-to-date
Isekai Cheat Magician - 9 of 12 [2 eps behind]
VINLAND SAGA - 10 of 24 up-to-date

Netflix - 2 titles:
Cannon Busters - 6 of 12 [6 eps left]
Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya - 6 of 6 (6 more are coming soon)

If It's for My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord ep 12
A wish for bigger things.
Overall a fairly cute fluff piece, but spoilt by by Dale occasionally steeping into creepy territory and then Latina in the last episode starting to sound way too mature and wishing for bigger breasts and stuff.
There were hints of an actual story with talk of the titular Demon Lord, but not much happened otherwise.
Art and animation were pretty standard.
6/10

given
ep 11 (complete)
Gaining acceptance and looking to the future. Was worried after the film announcement earlier that we might be in a Bunny Girl Senpai situation, but it seems to have ended in a decent enough place.
Dramatic, amusing and excellent tunes. Concentrated mainly on the music and the BL aspect was treated just as a normal relationship although there were a lot of gay characters, I guess it goes with the genre that there are lots of characters that way so you get to see different aspects, both Citrus and Bloom into You had the same thing, although both different from each other and this.
The art was pretty good, the character designs reminded me of Free! and the animation was also good, the cg for the music parts were much better than Piano no Mori. Episode 9 was fantastic and is on my favourite of the season list.
8/10

Given episode 11 Getting together. (Complete. A decent series about budding musicians and their relationships. The music itself was solid too and the story didn’t feel too melodramatic which was a plus.) 3.5/5

If It’s for My Daughter, I’d Even Defeat a Demon Lord
episode 12 A final journey for now. (Complete. A light and easy watch each week for the most part-the episode with the radical teacher and broken horn was notably darker, however. The relationship between Dale and Latina, though also veered into uncomfortable territory at times but otherwise this was alright, if lightweight overall.) 3/5

The Demon Girl Next Door
episode 11 Dream worrier.

Toy Story 2 (Rewatch) A sublime sequel, one of the finest in animation and a classic in many regards. For me, this is also the best Pixar film and the 4K allows for the now 20 year old feature to look better than ever. 5/5

Last edited:
Astra Lost in Space (English Dub) Episode 10

Demon Lord, Retry! (English Dub) Episode 10

How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? (English Dub) Episode 10

If It's for My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord Episode 12 (Complete)
A happy ending for everyone. (A somewhat charming SoL series for the most part with it's beautiful heart-warming story, pleasant atmosphere and wonderful cast of characters. Besides the whole deranged teacher/broken horn incident and the occasional uncomfortable Dale-Latina relationship moments, This was a satisfying watch each week). 3/5

The Demon Girl Next Door Episode 11

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress: The Battle of Unato Parts 1-2
I would've definitely enjoyed this kind of story instead of what we got in the 2nd half of Season 1. Production is amazing as expected.

The Idolm@ster episodes 5-6

If Its For My Daughter I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord episode 12 (complete)
I agree with what other people have said regarding this one. It was a light and cute series, but it got a bit weird when Dale started saying how much he wanted to be with her etc. And Latina in the last episode wanting to be "bigger" was contrary to one of the things I liked about this series - that kind of thing wasn't in it until that point.
Fun and light but a but uncomfortable at times. It'll probably get another season but I'm not sure I want to see that relationship progress at all. 6/10 for me.

Given episode 11 (complete)
I did enjoy this series and I liked the characters and the music, but my main criticism of it is that it moved so slowly. Everything up to episode 11 could've been done by episode 6 without losing anything. I suppose when it comes down to it I'm complaining that we didn't get enough but it was so slow. That's not that it was slow to watch, just to progress anywhere. It ended well considering the film announcement and I'm looking forward to both the film and another season but see what happens. 7/10 for me this one but would've been an eight if the pacing was changed to adapt more.

Tonari no Seki-kun eps 17-21 (complete)
A fun series of shorts. The best episodes were the ones where rather than watch and comment on what Seki-kun was doing, Yokoi would make a story out of the events and sometimes even intervene. As a pretty much one person show it was up to the VA to provide a performance with lots of different reactions and as that VA was Kana Hanazawa the performance of course was stellar.
The art and animation were very good too.
8/10

Back