Your viewing journal

Hensuki: Are you willing to fall in love with a pervert, as long as she's a cutie? (English Dub) Episode 7

Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest Episode 8
An emotional reunion... (or not) and some tough truths/lessons are learned.

Cop Craft Episode 9
Yikes... never upset Tilarna. Still, Good man Kei... good man.

Hensuki: Are you willing to fall in love with a pervert, as long as she's a cutie? Episode 9
A going commando date.

Teasing Master Takagi-san 2 Episode 9
This episode was just to adorable.

To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts Episode 10
Oaths and a promise.

Last edited:
Shigurui - Death Frenzy episodes 1-12 - I've had this for years, thought I would start clearing my backlog of blu-rays. I didn't really like it at first, but I warmed up to it. It was interesting, but the pacing and flashbacks within flashbacks (within flashbacks-I think), made for a confusing time. It doesn't have a definite ending, so it's a go read the manga if you want closure. I think I might have enjoyed this more without the first half of the first episode, showing a point in the future we never get to. A serious anime that you need to be in the mood for. 6/10

The Case of Hana & Alice - An experimental anime film, I didn't know what to expect but I enjoyed it especially the last half of the film. I liked the mystery of the 'urban legend' and how the conclusion is reached. I liked the characters and wanted to see more of Hana and Alice's chemistry (I know there's a live action film, which I'll probably check out). The rotoscoping was an interesting choice. For me it worked on the characters but not so much on the backgrounds which ended up looking lifeless or out of place. I'd say it's worth checking out. 7/10

Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest (English Dub) Episode 6

Cop Craft (English Dub) Episode 7

Fairy Tail (English Dub) Episode 321

Are You Lost? Episode 10
A sweet reward and cast adrift.

Magical Sempai Episode 10
Beach episode shenanigans.

The Helpful Fox Senko-san Episode 5-8 (JP Blu-ray version)

YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this World Episode 22
A riot and a breakout.

Ace of Diamond: Act II episode 23 Don’t waste a second.

Are you Lost? episode 10 Swept away.

Black Clover episode 99 Can they break free?

Magical Sempai episode 10 Splitting watermelons.

Inugami-San to Nekoyama-San episodes 1-12 & Special (Complete. Another series that is comprised of short episodes. Pretty fun and cute but limited in some ways because of the length.) 3/5

Isekai Izakaya: Japanese Food From Another World
episodes 1-4

Magical Sempai ep 10
Beach episode.

Are You Lost? ep 10
Sweet haul and a cliffhanger.

To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts ep 10
Finding the strength to honour your oath.

Cop Craft ep 9
The end of one story and the start of another. Who ever is the director and/or writer of this show needs to learn how to cut down/pad out stories when they adapt them. The one that ended this week was a fairly lighthearted affair that could have easily been just the one episode and the new one is more serious and should have more time.
I checked out who's on series composition and it turns it was the bloke who wrote the LN. I guess he's being too precious about his work and didn't want to cut stuff out!

Hensuki ep 9
A shocking reveal.

Kochoki ep 9
Snakes abound.

Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions! episodes 10-12 [End]
Though a bit over the top with it's chunibyo themes this was a very fun series that really picked up in the second half. Fantastic production as expected of KyoAni. 8/10

Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions! OVA

A Christmas episode! This too was good fun. 8/10

Are You Lost?
episode 10

Ace of the Diamond Act II ep 22-23
First of these two episodes was pretty big for plot development (namely Sawamura), second was much more a linking episode. We're finally back to an actual game next episode! Even if it is a friendly.

Astra Lost in Space Episode 10
What an episode of Astra. The whole discussion at the beginning was very interesting and Intriguing. Character development for "perfect memory" and the culprit is finally revealed. That reveal at the end tho for Charce...

Demon Lord, Retry! Episode 10
Never give up before trying.

How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? Episode 10
Party time and a steak out.

Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 9
Zappity Zap-Zap!

Astra ep 10
Fortune Arterial ep 6-12 [END]

Kinda bad and it goes nowhere, the girls are cute tho. 4/10

Fortune Arterial
OVA

Direct sequel to the TV series, it was better overall and more of what I wanted from the series.. 6/10

Last edited:
Astra Lost in Space (Japanese audio) - Episode 10
How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? (Japanese audio) - Episode 10

On-Going Simulcasts from Spring 2019 Season - 3 titles:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - 22 of 26 up-to-date
Fruits Basket 1st Season - 22 of 25 up-to-date
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World - 22 of 26 up-to-date

Summer 2019 Season - 14 titles:
Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest - 8 of 13 up-to-date
Astra Lost in Space - 10 of 12 up-to-date
Cop Craft - 3 of 12
Demon Lord, Retry? - 5 of 12
Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks? - 8 of 12 up-to-date
Dr. STONE - 9 of 24 up-to-date
Given - 6 of 11
Hensuki: Are you willing to fall in love with a pervert, as long as she's a cutie? - 9 of 12 up-to-date
How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? - 10 of 12 up-to-date
If It’s for My Daughter, I’d Even Defeat a Demon Lord - 9 of 12 up-to-date
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II - 6 of 12
Isekai Cheat Magician - 4 of 12
To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts - 10 of 12 up-to-date
VINLAND SAGA - 9 of 24 up-to-date

Netflix - 2 titles:
Cannon Busters - 6 of 12
Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya - 6 of 6 (6 more are coming soon)

Now I'm actually paying for it, and able to watch it on my TV, I thought I'd make a start on my HiDive queue:
Tonari no Seki-kun eps 1-6
A fun series of shorts about a boy (the titular Seki-kun) who wastes time in class mucking around with various activities, which in turn distracts his neighbouring student (a girl named Rumi Yokoi). Fairly similar to Takagi-san, if you like that. My favourite so far was the Shogi one.

Dumbbells ep 10
Christmas party.

Astra Lost in Space ep 10
History lessons, new planet and a big reveal.

Back to the HiDive list:
Land of the Lustrous ep 1 (dub)
Seems fairly intriguing. I would like to say some of the visuals are nice, but for some reason it's not hitting 1080 and thus looks fuzzy. Bloody annoying!

Goldfish Warning ep2

@Neil.T I randomly spotted that same ‘counting the syllables in himitsu’ thing in another show - I guess it must just be a cultural idiom right enough.

74744067-A669-45B1-BB2A-073AFC16FEC1.jpeg

Gall Force: New Era OVA 1

Hmm. This is arguably the crispest Sonoda’s character art has looked across the entire franchise, but story-wise, it feels like a very convoluted way to get us back to roughly the same position the characters were in for the original trilogy. Not that I necessarily mind that, but I think they could have found a more interesting way of doing it. The change in aesthetic was quite unexpected too - the post-apocalyptic deserts of Earth Chapter felt very 80s, but the future city here has that kind of bleep bloop, bright plastic Logan’s Run thing going on. Maybe that’s what the team working on it were nostalgic for...

Astra Lost in Space episode 10 Another reveal.

Demon Lord, Retry! episode 10 Sauna secrets.

How Heavy are the Dumbbells you Lift? episode 10 Christmas in Earth Wind and Fire month.

Isekai Izakaya: Japanese Food From Another World episodes 5-12 (Complete. Technically 24 episodes with two stories per episode, this was quite laid back and had a nice atmospheric feel to it. The series also kept itself interesting thanks to the numerous characters introduced with their own stories to tell.) 3.5/5

Last edited:
Back