Your viewing journal

Fairy Tail Episode 321
When words don't work use your fists.

Re:Stage! Dream Days♪ Episode 6
Choosing materials and a complex family.

The Ones Within Episode 6
Ruins test and some personal questions.

Vinland Saga Episode 6
Still brutally brilliant.

Goldfish Warning ep1

I remember this being mentioned on a discord server a while back and, with a name like that, it certainly caught my attention. Didn't really know what to expect from it otherwise, but it seems pretty fun - it's a knockabout comedy (kids show I guess?) about a crumbling middle-school saved from bankruptcy by an exiled heiress. It also shares a lot of key staff with Sailor Moon, which really shows in the soft, squishy artwork and silly reaction faces. Not something I could watch a lot of in one sitting, but definitely something I'd come back to.

Desert Rose (1993)

A well produced OVA from the creator of Area 88 about an all-female counter-terrorist unit, this is a solid one-shot that recalls the sort of glossy, European thrillers of the 70s, more than the macho action movies of the 80s and 90s. The willowy look of Shintani's character art, along with the obvious attention paid to location and mechanical detail give it a pleasing aesthetic, but it does suffer a little from feeling like the middle episode of a much longer series. Definitely worth a look if the theme appeals to you.

Wanna-Be's (1986)

Once again, Justin Sevakis was pretty much on the money with this one. "Produced without adult supervision" is a good summary for this bizarre story of a women's wrestling duo dragged into a strange strength-enhancing experiment, but it remains strangely watchable, and Kenichi Sonoda's character art is on point. It's just unfortunate though; had they only been able to better resolve the disparate plot elements, I think this could have been a minor cult-classic.

How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? (English dub) ep1-4

I am completely guilty of having written this off as fetishy fanservice fluff without even having seen it. There is an element of that to it, but it's surprisingly funny, clearly well aware of how silly it is and even quite educational at times.

Dr. Stone (dub) - episode 4
Technically, bot a lot 'happens' in this episode but the tension is so well handled that you don't notice.

Fruits Basket (dub) - Episode 19
They actually changed a certain detail regarding the character of Ritsu from the manga and original adaptation. Its stated that he crossdresees simply because he enjoys it rather than it being a symptom of his very low self esteem (which wasn't exactly a believable explanation).

just finished JoJo's:stardust crusaders and immensely enjoyed it, even if some episodes seem to feel like they've tried to slow things down, perhaps... stop things for a couple of seconds but it comes back to real fights with actual thinking in the last few, really liked those ones.

ah well, shifts start on wednesday and the only thing I'd want to watch tomorrow is Magical senpai also, when are CR gonna get uncensored streams? I know they use the first broadcast but they can easily age gate it and not many people are actually watching at the same time, not when it comes to streaming

Sakura Quest eps 21 & 22
The quest continues.

Dr. Stone ep 6
A new character and a very convenient crevice.

Fire Force ep 5
Fighting humans instead of fire.

Demon Slayer ep 18 (re-watch) & 19
Doing family right vs doing it wrong. Some awesome fights and interesting tidbits about the past of the characters.

Lord El-Melloi II ep 6
Girls party.

Cop Craft episode 6 A cool car chase.

To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts episode 7 A final farewell to the fated father.

Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb (Rewatch) episodes 7-11

Cop Craft Episode 6
Just what any good police show can't be without, a good old fashioned car chase, hec even the episode title fits perfectly. WOW... now that's a stash.

Hensuki: Are you willing to fall in love with a pervert, as long as she's a cutie? Episode 6
Community cleanup and a SC member with a rather odorous fetish.

Teasing Master Takagi-san 2 Episode 6
The wholesome teasing continues.

To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts Episode 7
Saying your final goodbyes to a beloved father.

The Wasteful Days of Highschool Girls episode 6
I Love the OP on this one
To The Abandonded Sacred Beasts episode 7
Mob Psycho 100 episode 3

O Maidens in Your Savage Season ep 6
I felt just a tiny bit disappointed by this ep after the high standards of this series. Just felt a little generic and predictable. Also Kazusa is getting a tiny bit frustrating - I definitely sympathise with Sugawara's actions...

Sakura Quest eps 23-25
Yoshino's year long reign comes to an end.
I found this very enjoyable. It's sort of a companion piece with P.A. Works previous anime original Shirobako. Whereas that was about following your passion, this is about finding, or re-finding, your passion (as well as the decline of small Japanese rural towns). The cast were all likeable and there was a good amount of fun moments and moving moments.
The art and animation were both pretty good as well.
8/10
For some reason I gave Shirobako a 7, I think maybe because it had a lot jargon and it was the first show I watched on Crunchyroll after I subscribed, but that was over 2 years ago now and I've watched a hell of a lot more anime since. Probably should re-watch it at some point.

YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World (Japanese audio) - Episode 19

Bonus: I watched all 8 episodes of the J-Drama series The Naked Director on Netflix throughout Sunday and Monday. Really good and worth a watch, though make sure you use headphones or lock your door in case some muppet complains at you.

On-Going Simulcasts from Spring 2019 Season - 3 titles:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - 19 of 26 up-to-date
Fruits Basket 1st Season - 16 of 25
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World - 19 of 26 up-to-date

Summer 2019 Season - 14 titles:
Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest - 5 of 13 up-to-date
Astra Lost in Space - 6 of 12 up-to-date
Cop Craft - 1 of 12
Demon Lord, Retry? - 3 of 12
Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks? - 5 of 12 up-to-date
Dr. STONE - 6 of 24 up-to-date
Given - 5 of 11 up-to-date
Hensuki: Are you willing to fall in love with a pervert, as long as she's a cutie? - 1 of 12
How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? - 4 of 12
If It’s for My Daughter, I’d Even Defeat a Demon Lord - 6 of 12 up-to-date
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II - 5 of 12 up-to-date
Isekai Cheat Magician - 2 of 12
To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts - 4 of 12
VINLAND SAGA - 4 of 24

Magical Sempai ep 7
Really is getting a bit stale now. Just as well it's a only a half length episode show.

Are You Lost? ep 7
Exploring the island.

To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts ep 7
The animation is pretty poor, but it was a moving moment in the end. Although the plot seemed a bit contrived just to get that moment.

Ace of Diamond: Act II episode 20 Some development for the first years.

Are you Lost? episode 7 Sour fruit and blunt scissors.

Black Clover episode 96 Roses are red, violence is too.

Magical Sempai episode 7 Stage fright and statue performance.

Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb (Rewatch) episode 12 & graduation OVAs (Complete. Rewatching this series has been a relaxing joy and I’d love to see another season one day!) 4/5

Hi Score Girl
episodes 1-3

Back