Your viewing journal

Big anime weekend for me

Kokkoku 1-12
Really enjoyed this show. Original sci-fi premise, interesting mix of characters, good story and a really interesting unexpected final episode.

Norn9 1-12
Wasnt expecting much from this but was pleasantly surprised by it. Another interesting sci-fi concept that isn't fully explained to begin with but takes you on a good journey and looks at humanity's sense of love and violence.

Armed Girls Machiavellism ep1-13
Kinda dumb and a bit crude but also a lot of fun and takes a sily premise and just runs with it. Interesting to see a battle harem show where the male protagonist doesnt have any romantic feelings for anyone.

Mirai
Probably enjoyed it more this time round than in the cinema. Nice film about having to grow up that's not afraid to show the less admiral qualities in peoples characters. Some great animation too.

End of Evangelion
Thoughts are in the simulwatch thread but even though there is good stuff here overall I feel this film is surplus to requirements.

Kill La Kill episodes 2-3

I watched episode 1 months ago and couldn't get into it. I really enjoyed these two though, so hopefully it continues this way!

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid eps 4-6
Going to school, life lessons and home visits.
Dispite the cuteness, you can't help but notice the sexual undercurrents. Tohru constantly trying to please Kobayashi to receive rewards, Kanna pushing down Riko and the bustiest dragon living with a boy called Shouta 🤔 and pestering him with her jumbo boobs! Oh look the mangaka also draws hentai, what shock! Not!

Fate/Zero eps 4-6
The battle begins, but is interrupted by the other servants. Very flashy, but not quite as stylised as in Demon Slayer. I guess they are actually different in look with Fate having a more realistic visual.
Episode 6 was a bit of a doozy with child murder and buildings blowing up.
We now know the true identity of 2 more of the Survents. Lancer is Diarmuid of the Love Spot, a warrior of Fianna, a band of warriors of Irish mythology possibly based on real people and Caster is Gilles de Rais, a French nobleman who was once a comrade-in-arms of Jeanne of Arc and later a mass murderer of children. Certainly a more accurate depiction of the historical figure than seen in Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc!

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 117 A sinister ending?

Girlish Number episodes 1-12 (Complete. A solid series delving into the behind the scenes struggles of some anime VAs coping with the pressures of fame, being replaced etc. It tended to focus more on character drama than the technical side but overall a decent anime.) 3.5/5

Attack on Titan Season 3 (English Dub) Episode 21

Dr. STONE (English Dub) Episode 1

BEM Episode 2
Truths, Lies and mistaken identities.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 16
Another solid episode. I'm really enjoying the comedy between Tanjiro and Inosuke.

Fairy Tail Episode 318
A parents love and another enemy falls.

Miru Tights Episode 11
Now that's a valentines present.

Mix: Meisei Story Episode 15
Victory!... just, and onto the next round.

Re:Stage! Dream Days♪ Episode 3
A new club member and some sabagebu.

Shoujo☆Conte All Starlight Episode 2-3 (Complete)

The Ones Within Episode 3
Major weed poisoning.

Darling in the FranXX ep1-4 (dubbed)

Evangelion left me in the mood for some big stompy monsters, but I wanted something a bit more lightweight for now, so figured I'd give this a shot. The whole double pilot/sex metaphor thing is a bit silly, but that aside, it's been quite watchable so far.

Do You Love Your Mom...blah blah blah episode 2
A Certain Scientific Accelerator episode 2
Fruits Basket episode 16
Dr Stone episode 3
Is It Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II episode 2
Demon Slayer episode 16
O Maidens In Your Savage Season episode 3

Finished

Black Bullet

I think it was good but it felt pretty rushed in places... disappointing

Started

Re:Stage! Dream Days 1-3

Umm, ok. There are a few good moments but its not really /great/ but I'll be more than happy to watch it

Are you Lost? 1-3

Pretty good watch when there isn't much else to watch... Cute but a little meh

Senryu Girl Episode 1

Last season show start as... why not... Cute art style

Ocean Waves
Well it's been ages since the last Ghiblicast. Seems they've given up, so I decided to continue with my Ghibli Collection watch through.

Bem ep 1
Seems like a supernatural cop procedural, with a cool jazz soundtrack. Nice!

Cop Craft ep 2
Where as this supernatural buddy cop show has the partners warming up to each other a little, as the stakes start to rise.

Just when I thought Funi was working again the next one wouldn't start even on the website, so ⛵
Hensuki ep 2
A lovely date followed by another perversion reveal.

For some reason Kochouki is now marked as subscriber only, so I'll have to leave that for a bit.

To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts ep 4
Another moving story.

Fate/Zero eps 7-10
Everyone is still standing, just about.

Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest (Japanese audio) - Episode 3

This week's episode was paced a fair bit better though some parts were skimmed through which is no surprise. The animation is still a mixed bag, 2D parts I don't mind but there's a lot of 3D/CG use for the weapons and monsters which sticks out like a sore thumb.

Examples of rushed or cut content are as follows (spoilers for Light Novel 1 & around 4-5 episodes of the anime):
  • The Prologue of Light Novel 1:
    • The introduction of the classmates.
    • How the classmates got into the fantasy world.
  • Chapter 1:
    • How Hajime was treated by his classmates throughout.
    • The priests going over their world's situation. - This part was briefly covered in Episode 2.
    • The semi-introduction of the royal family (very brief but adds to how even the fantasy characters like Kaori).
    • Classmates' stats and what jobs they were given. The reactions afterward.
    • Hajime studying in the library and monologuing about the demi-humans.
    • Training segments, including more instances of Hajime treatment by his classmates. - Mini-second covered in Episode 2.
    • The Labyrinth entrance, and the first 20 floors (well more so primarily the 20th floor).
    • The fight with the Behemoth. - Briefly covered in Episode 1.
    • More coverage over Hiyama responsible for targeting Hajime; from spying on the Inn discussion to the moment that he takes the shot against him.
    • The post-battle scene, with Kaori in shock and eventually being knocked out by the captain. - This part was covered in Episode 2.
    • The post-labyrinth scene with Hiyama and an unknown person blackmailing him.
  • Chapter 2:
    • Hajime going into detail about how he is leveling up during the floor with the Claw Bear. - Briefly covered in Episode 1.
    • Kaori sleeping while Shizuku trains, then spots Hiyama along the way. - This part was covered in Episode 2.
    • Kaori wakes up and Shizuku comforts her. - This part was covered in Episode 2.
    • Kaori wanting to get stronger to find Hajime with Shizuku helping her. - This part was covered in Episode 2.
    • Kouki and Kaori's friends meet her after she is woken, Hiyama spies but gets spotted and runs off.
  • Chapter 3:
    • Hajime's journey from Bottom of the Labyrinth Floor 1 all the way to the Pandora's Box room. - Briefly covered in Episode 2.
    • Hajime going into more detail about how he's progressing with his level.
    • Hajime's encounter with Yue, naming her. - This part was covered in Episode 2.
    • The Scorpion battle. - This part was covered in Episode 3.
  • Chapter 4:
    • Hajime and Yue have a conversation about the labyrinth and how Hajime ended up meeting her. - This part was covered in Episode 3.
    • The classmates & Captain return to the palace and report the news to the King. - Briefly covered in Episode 2.
    • The reaction over Hajime's fate with the classmates and the palace.
    • The classmates returning to the labyrinth.
    • The classmates vs Behemoth battle in Floor 65.
    • Hajime and Yue facing the Raptors in the Bottom of the Labyrinth Floor 99. - Briefly covered in Episode 3
    • Hajime and Yue discovering the cause of the Raptors and locate the source. - This part was covered in Episode 3.
    • Hajime and Yue preparing for their venture into Bottom of the Labyrinth Floor 100. - This part was covered in Episode 3.
    • Hajime and Yue vs the Hydra in Bottom of the Labyrinth Floor 100.
    • The Hoelscher Empire pays a visit to the palace to meet the classmates.
    • The Hoelscher Empire test Kouki's skills.
    • The Hoelscher Empire's Emperor appears, and afterward mocks Kouki's presentation and the palace.
  • Chapter 5:
    • Hajime and Yue find themselves at the main base of operations for the labyrinth.
    • Hajime and Yue explore the surrounding area and discover a coded message that explains the truth of the world.
    • Hajime and Yue gain new skills from the message.
    • Hajime and Yue decide to spend their time living in the base to build up and prepare for the path back to the entrance.
  • The Epilogue of Light Novel 1:
    • The first brief appearance of the Bunny girl.

Cop Craft episode 3 Bait and switch?

To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts episode 4 Is there another way?

Girls’ Last Tour episodes 1-6

Last edited:
Back