Your viewing journal

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime OVA - A fun addition to the series. Can't wait for season 2. 8/10

Konosuba OVAs
- More misadventures. May give the series a proper rewatch at some point. 7/10

Haibane Renmei
episodes 5-7

Macross Frontier episodes 6-9

Astra Lost in Space episode 3 We take mystery...to space.

Demon Lord, Retry! episode 3 Putting on a different face.

How Heavy are the Dumbbells you Lift? episode 3 Caught in the act of cosplay?

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (Blu Ray Rewatch) episodes 15-26 (Complete. Just as great on another rewatch, I love the cast and the world and for the most part the stand alone stories and the overarching Laughing Man story. The tachikoma centric stories are the only weak link for me-they’re cute but feel a bit lightweight.) 4.5/5

Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody (English Dub) Episode 1-12 (Blu-ray version) (Complete)

Demon Lord, Retry! (English Dub) Episode 1

How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? (English Dub) Episode 1

Astra Lost in Space Episode 3
Some quick thinking and more suspicions.

Demon Lord, Retry! Episode 3
This was a entertaining episode. Looks like KQ is going to be a fun character.

How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? Episode 3
Weight loss and dieting tips.

Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 2
Magic training and a overused "isekai" cliche.

"Guess what, You're ""Overpowered Magic Power could start a war/destroy the nation"". Where have I heard that before.

Given (Japanese audio) - Episode 2
If It’s for My Daughter, I’d Even Defeat a Demon Lord (Japanese audio) - Episode 3
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World (Japanese audio) - Episode 16

Fight League: Gear Gadget Generators Episode 23

If It's for My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord Episode 3
Some demon hunting and more comfy wholesomeness.

The Demon Girl Next Door Episode 2
Another fun outing of demon mishaps.

Back Street Girls (dub) - Episodes 4 - 10)

Okay, I suppose the crazy premise had me hooked plus it was short. As I mentioned before, there are certain landmines ancomedy involving a TG element can step into and, yes, a few do blow up, playing the wrong things for laughs which being a boack comedy doesn't always excuse. The basic premise I'd say id fine, the main trio aren't in their situation by choice so it isn't exactly realistic. If the main purpose of the series is to be a vicious takedown of the Idol industry then I'd say it has some decent success. The main scensrio itself could be read as a critique of how manufactured many idols can be, now so extreme that three people who are the polar opposite of that type have been moulded into them. It certainly has the abuse factor though turned up to eleven of course. The animation, well, relies more on its detailed art than actual movement, they use it well but its clearly a budget production. The actresses playing the trio's frmale voices are certainly having fun with this script, getting to be super vulgar.

Given episode 2 singing on the stairwell.

If It’s for My Daughter, I’d Even Defeat a Demon Lord episode 3 Temporary separation.

The Demon Girl Next Door episode 2 Running with the enemy.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig (Blu Ray rewatch) episodes 1-14

Liz and the Blue Bird - This film really does reaffirm just how much I love Kyoto Animation. Nozomi and Mizore's arc in Sound! Euphonium was my favourite part of the series so it was great to have a movie focused on them with the direction of Naoko Yamada. The character designs also feature a softer style than in the series that fits the gentler tone of the movie. Same goes for the soundtrack by Kensuke Ushio, quickly becoming one of my favourite composers. Overall Liz and the Blue Bird is definitely one of of KyoAni's best and easily gets a 10/10 from me.

Saint Seiya: Knights of the Zodiac (English audio) - Episodes 1-3

I really dig the opening and ending songs done by The Struts. While this anime isn't the best starting point for the franchise (due to various changes and animation approach), I found it to be interesting enough to get into the series. As the original anime is not available legally, I'll track down the video game Saint Seiya: Soldier Soul.

There are currently only 6 episodes available of the planned 12.

Over the past however long...

Neon genesis evangelion 1-26
Evangelion death & rebirth
End of Evangelion
Evangelion 1.0

A certain magical index 1-end
A certain magical index 2 1-end
A certain magical index the miracle of endymion

Now to try and do more of a daily update...

Back