Your viewing journal

Cop Craft episode 1 A Buddy cop fantasy show? Sounds like fun to me.

To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts episode 2 Death of the father and a new way forward.

Spider-Man: Far From Home (Film) A fun sequel that satisfies as a blockbuster but at times had some writing and plot points that felt repetitive. Mysterio wasn’t quite as engaging as Keaton’s Vulture but the technology involved in their antics was cool. Not certain where my score for this one lies at the moment.

Excel Saga episodes 6-17

Last edited:
The Wasteful Days of Highschool Girls episode 1

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime OVA
This was the "lets make figures of these!" episode.

I've gotten so behind on last season (with a few exceptions) that I've mostly given up on it. Might eventually get around to finishing off half a dozen or so shows from it, but for the time being I'm mostly starting afresh for the new season... except some continuing ones. Also intend to severely cut back the amount of shows I watch per season as I simply don't expect to be able to maintain it. Hopefully keep it down to around half a dozen shows.

Ace of the Diamond Act II ep 12-14

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba ep 12-14

Fruits Basket ep 12-13

Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest ep 1
I enjoy the LN for this far too much for what's basically a power trip isekai. Not sure I'll stick with the adaptation (the art and animation of the first ep makes me feel it might get a bit iffy later on), but it started decently. Did cut a lot of detail out of the first volume of the LN though - didn't do a bad job of it, but still.

Lord El-Melloi II's Case Files: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note ep 1
I love Fate/ and El Melloi II is one of my favourite characters, so there's no way I'm not watching this. I would read the LN it's adapted from but Fate/ stuff is always really difficult to read, so... Anyway, a good first ep for setting the scene. Might be a bit tough to appreciate without episode 0 or Fate/Zero though.

Magical Sempai ep 2
That was hilarious, especially this gag 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
PS_Messages_20190709_233252.jpg
PS_Messages_20190709_233257.jpg
PS_Messages_20190709_233301.jpg

Are You Lost? ep 2
Finding food and water.

Hakata Mentai! Pirikarako-chan ep 1
Bizarre short. Anyone for Pollock Roe?

To The Abandoned Sacred Beasts ep 2
A little bit of backstory for one of the Incarnates and some sad endings.

Ace of Diamond: Act II episode 15 Sawamura saves.

Are you Lost? episode 2 Rank coconuts and sock water.

Black Clover episode 91 Mareoleona is badass.

Magical Sempai episode 2 A certain skeletal Straw Hat would approve of today’s offerings.

Excel Saga episodes 18-26 (Complete. Very zany though more often for me the humour was miss rather than hit which is a shame since when the series was funny it could be quite memorable. Overall I thought it was average though the OP was very catchy.) 2.5/5

Flavors of Youth (Film)
Three vignettes that were enjoyable in different ways with some nice backdrops. 3.5/5

Fractale
episodes 1-8

Fairy Tail (English Dub) Episode 313

How Clumsy you are, Miss Ueno (English Dub) Episode 1-12 (Complete)
Decided to check out Sentai's dub for this and to my surprise this was actually a good dub imo. Casting Hilary Haag as Ueno was a good choice as her voice suited Ueno's character and personality as the crazy genius inventor. I also feel that Monica Rial and Nathan Wilson played their parts well as the English VA's of Yamashita and Tanaka. 3.5/5

Are You Lost? Episode 2
Scavenging and Foraging.

Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest Episode 1
A pretty good first episode. I'm interested to see how this unfolds.

Cop Craft Episode 1
Good first episode. Hopefully it continues for the rest of the series.

Hensuki: Are you willing to fall in love with a pervert, as long as she's a cutie? Episode 1
Looks like this is going to be a fun show. That ending tho... WTF!

Magical Sempai Episode 2
Another outing of hilarious gags, stupidly dumb fun and silly antics.

Majimoji Rurumo: Kanketsu-hen OVA Episode 1-2 (Complete)
Well this was quite the unexpected conclusion I definitely didn't see coming. It was also nice to see Rurumo finally open up and being honest about her feelings about what she really wants, instead of being her regular self.

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime OVA
This OVA episode certainly enjoyable and Lewdly entertaining for obvious reasons.

To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts Episode 2
Backstory time and a multiple woes.

YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World Episode 15
Beach episode.

To The Abandoned Sacred Beasts episode 2
This was an improvement on the first episode

Magical Sempai episode 2
The fan service in this is a bit too stupid and pointless for me. Give it another episode and see if it calms down. I get that its a comedy, but a schoolgirl's underwear isn't the best punchline for me and it gets annoying.

Are You Lost? episode 2
More of a slice of life comedy than last week which is good. It sort of feels like this episode is setting the tone (as opposed to the plot) of the show.

YU-NO episode 15

The Rising Of The Shield Hero episodes 24-25. (finished)
One Punch Man season 2 episodes 10-12. (finished)
How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? episode 1.

I know it's a spin off, but if i was to watch Gun Gale Online, do I need to watch the rest of Sword Art Online first?

Space Warrior Baldios - Episodes 21 & 22 (Blu-ray)

Another pair of really good episodes, episode 21 concluded a fantastic two part story and episode 22 had some great character development, I am really enjoying watching Baldios.

I know it's a spin off, but if i was to watch Gun Gale Online, do I need to watch the rest of Sword Art Online first?
Maybe the first arc of season 2 which introduces GGO. It's been a while, but I think the events of that part are mentioned in passing in the spin-off, but none of the characters make an appearance (maybe Sinon, the character introduced in that arc, makes an appearance in the background, but again can't remember)
If you do watch that arc (14 eps on Crunchyroll and Netflix or the recap episode 14.5 on CR) do not watch the OP as it's quite spoilery.

Maybe the first arc of season 2 which introduces GGO
GGO: Alternative also introduces it to a character who's not familiar with it so that fixes that one.
maybe Sinon, the character introduced in that arc, makes an appearance in the background, but again can't remember
It references them as a winner of a previous competition.

They sort of created alternative to get people into the other stuff (my guess being the games) without needing to have seen it prior.

Astra Lost in Space (Japanese audio) - Episode 2
Demon Lord, Retry! (Japanese audio) - Episode 2
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (Japanese audio) - Episode 14
How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? (Japanese audio) - Episode 2
Isekai Cheat Magician (Japanese audio) - Episode 1
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World (Japanese audio) - Episode 15

On-Going Simulcasts from Autumn 2018 & Spring 2019 Season - 4 titles:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - 14 of 26 up-to-date
Fruits Basket 1st Season - 14 of 25 up-to-date
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind - 37 of 39 up-to-date (ep 38 & 39 delayed to 28th July)
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World - 15 of 26 up-to-date

Summer 2019 Season - ??? titles:
Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest - 1 of 13 up-to-date
Astra Lost in Space - 2 of 12 up-to-date
Cop Craft - 1 of 12 up-to-date
Demon Lord, Retry? - 2 of 12? up-to-date
Dr. STONE - 1 of 24 up-to-date
Hensuki: Are you willing to fall in love with a pervert, as long as she's a cutie? - 1 of 12 up-to-date
How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? - 2 of 12 up-to-date
If It’s for My Daughter, I’d Even Defeat a Demon Lord - 1 of 12 up-to-date
Isekai Cheat Magician - 1 of 12 up-to-date
To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts - 2 of 12 up-to-date
VINLAND SAGA - 3 of 24 up-to-date (ep 4 due 28th July)

Last edited:
Neon Genesis Evangelion (new dub) eps 17-20

Dumbbells ep 1
Infotainment like Cells at Work, but on a subject that they can get ecchi shots with (a la Harukana Receive), but with more comedy.

Astra: Lost in Space ep 1
Wow that was a great first episode. Can be super serious, but also had some funny moments. Cast seem mostly likeable.

Back