Your viewing journal

Record of Grancrest War (English Dub) Episode 10-24 (Complete)

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 14
A very solid episode. The repartee banter between these three is pretty hilarious..

Fairy Tail Episode 316
Fear Not! because... "Gildarts is here".

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?: Arrow of the Orion (Film)
This pretty much was everything I was expecting it would be. Overall it was quite the enjoyable film. 3.5/5

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II Episode 0
Recap episode.

Miru Tights Episode 9

Is Wrong To Pick Up Girls In a Dungeon 2 episode 0
Demon Slayer ep 14
Jesus F***ing Christ these sidekicks are totally destroying this show. If they don't calm down or f off this will be the first show that's gone from very high too very low in my estimation. Most shows I find either stay relatively level or dip slightly, whilst some do improve over the season, but this has swung the most.
I could say something but you pretty much summed it up for me 😕

Could never get into the Fate series though.

FSN
Fate Zero
Fate UBW
Fate Apoc
Fate Extra
Fate Kaleid
** S2
FKs3
** s4
So 9 TV series’ (Zero, UBW and Apoc have two I guess and Extra was released in two blocks by Netflix) but it does seem Zero would be near necessary for El Meloi then again FSN woudl be too imo

Well For me the Fate Kaleid series doesn't even exist, for obvious reasons. I was only able to make it through maybe 5 minutes total of the first episodes of seasons 1 & 2, and immediately dropped them. So there's 4 seasons of Fate I will never, ever have to worry about buying on Blu-ray... 😖

3rei is actually really good and has ditched most of its stupid sexual moments. 2rei Herz is awful as 7/10 eps are fan service based.

Also for me the other characters have saved Demon Slayer for me as I really really really despise Tanjiro and his oh I’m the elder son so can’t show pain bollocks that insults me to my core.

Last edited:
Is this the google translated subs and are they watchable?
From what I could tell of the subs from last night viewing, I'm not quite sure if they are google translated subs or not (I'll let you @Jaysgba be the judge of that), as for your question... Yes they are watchable.

Here's an example of the subs used in this scene with Hermes (far right) talking to Bell.
image.jpg

VINLAND SAGA (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-3

On-Going Simulcasts from Autumn 2018 & Spring 2019 Season - 4 titles:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - 13 of 26
Fruits Basket 1st Season - 14 of 25 up-to-date
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind - 37 of 39 up-to-date (ep 38 & 39 delayed to 28th July)
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World - 14 of 26 up-to-date

Summer 2019 Season - ??? titles:
Astra Lost in Space - 1 of 12 up-to-date
Demon Lord, Retry? - 1 of 12? up-to-date
Dr. STONE - 1 of 24 up-to-date
How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? - 1 of 12 up-to-date
If It’s for My Daughter, I’d Even Defeat a Demon Lord - 1 of 12 up-to-date
To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts - 1 of 12 up-to-date
VINLAND SAGA - 3 of 24 up-to-date (ep 4 due 28th July)

Samurai Champloo eps 24-26 (dub) (complete)
A three parter to finish the show. I have mixed feelings about this arc as they reach journeys end and the past catches up to them. It's fairly melancholic with Fuu finding her father on his death bed and then killed by a Shogunate assassin in front of her, but it could have been even more so as both Jin and Mugan survive mortal blows. Jin performing a last ditch manoeuvre that his sensei warned would probably kill him and Mugan was standing right next to a pile of explosives as they went off! Then after all that and one claiming he's found what he's looking for and his first friends, they split up!! Whilst all that didn't make sense, I must say that the action was cool as well as the soundtrack.
Overall I liked the adventures they went on over their journey, some being better than others, but unlike Cowboy Bebop the overall arc stumbled at the last with some oddities, maybe because killing a lead character again would have been a bit repetitive.
All the technical stuff was top notch.
8/10

Vinland Saga
eps 1-3
Well that was a great start. Mostly faithful to the manga apart from the opening chapters of the manga which shows Thorfinn already with Askeladd as they attack a town were cut. I don't particularly mind that change, I wonder if they will appear later in the correct chronological order?
OP & ED are fantastic!

@D1tchd1gger Yeah, they showed scenes from the opening chapter in the trailer so they must be doing it chronologically. I remember WIT doing something similar with the training arc in AoT S1. (manga it was a flashback)

They probably just wanted to keep the death a secret rather than letting the audience know its coming before hand, similar to how Berserk 1997 didnt show that Griffith was going to become a bad guy prior to starting the Golden Age arc, unlike the manga.

Eps 1-5 of Code Geass: Akito the Exiled (complete)
Eps 1-3 of Vinland Saga...so happy to see one of my fave mangas animated and it didn’t disappoint.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 114 This felt pretty pointless, hoping the next arc comes into play soon.

Cinderella Nine episode 12 An expected outcome but a good finale. (Complete. A solid and fun sports series that doesn’t necessarily cover much new ground but kept me entertained each week.) 3.5/5

VINLAND SAGA
episodes 1-3 This has been impressive so far and I’ve heard great things about the manga.

Doctor Who: Planet of the Daleks
One of my personal favourite Dalek stories that acts as a sort of greatest hits with various ideas from past Dalek tales reappearing. 4/5

Doctor Who: The Green Death

A great thriller with a megalomaniac computer causing chemical chaos for some mines in South Wales. It’s a very strong story and the best of Season 10 for me. The departure of Katy Manning’s Jo Grant and the final shot of Bessie are still some of the best in the shows history. 4/5

Attack on Titan Season 3 (English Dub) Episode 19

Konosuba: God's Blessing on this Wonderful World! OVA (English Dub)

Sword Art Online Alicization (English Dub) Episode 23

Cinderella Nine Episode 12 (Complete)
A fated outcome with rewarding results. A decent and fun sports series with a good underdog story to accompany it. Even though this doesn't explore any new territories, it was still a entertaining weekly watch. 3.5/5

Re:Stage! Dream Days♪ Episode 1
Seems promising, but will have to see how it goes.

Teasing Master Takagi-san 2 Episode 1
It's finally back! Oh how I've missed this series.

The Ones Within Episode 1
Intriguing first episode. Idkw but this is giving me a King's Game vibes.

Vinland Saga Episode 1-3
Great start. Now I can see why this was so hyped up about.

2019-07-08_10.png

Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest (Japanese audio) - Episode 1
Cop Craft (Japanese audio) - Episode 1
Hensuki: Are you willing to fall in love with a pervert, as long as she's a cutie? (Japanese audio) - Episode 1
To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts (Japanese audio) - Episode 2

On-Going Simulcasts from Autumn 2018 & Spring 2019 Season - 4 titles:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - 13 of 26
Fruits Basket 1st Season - 14 of 25 up-to-date
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind - 37 of 39 up-to-date (ep 38 & 39 delayed to 28th July)
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World - 14 of 26 up-to-date

Summer 2019 Season - ??? titles:
Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest - 1 of 13 up-to-date
Astra Lost in Space - 1 of 12 up-to-date
Cop Craft - 1 of 12 up-to-date
Demon Lord, Retry? - 1 of 12? up-to-date
Dr. STONE - 1 of 24 up-to-date
Hensuki: Are you willing to fall in love with a pervert, as long as she's a cutie? - 1 of 12 up-to-date
How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? - 1 of 12 up-to-date
If It’s for My Daughter, I’d Even Defeat a Demon Lord - 1 of 12 up-to-date
To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts - 2 of 12 up-to-date
VINLAND SAGA - 3 of 24 up-to-date (ep 4 due 28th July)

Back