Your viewing journal

RobiHachi eps 9-12
Probably could have told you ages ago that the place they were going to was going to be a scam, but I did not see the events of the last episode. Nice Independence Day reference.
A fun show for the most part. Didn't really care about the cast much though. Art and animation were fine.
6/10

Attack on Titan
s3 p2 eps 9 & 10 (complete)
The end of Eren father's backstory and planning for the next step. There were a few flashes that Eren saw that weren't fully explained.
Same great action as with Part 1 and we have an answer to the question about the basement. I'm not sure I've fully wrapped my head around that reveal, of all the things I was expecting I didn't expect that, although I'm not sure what I expected really!
8/10

Only 3 more shows to finish the Spring season, but Summer is upon us:
To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts ep 1
Looking promising already with a mix of Fairy Gone (what happens to creatures created to win a war afterwards), but seemingly without the convoluted political bit and Dororo/Demon Slayer (one of the aforementioned beasts has to defeat the rest after being betrayed by his best friend who now leads them). I suppose that also sounds similar to Claymore.

Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 2 episode 10 [End] - This really is a good contender for my favourite season of AOT. This series is a great finish to the story set within the walls with great character moments, interesting revelations and amazing action. As sad as I am to see Studio WIT go, it's great for them to end on a high note with their directing and animation. As usual Sawano absolutely delivered with the music and like the story makes several callbacks to iconic tracks from past seasons with ətˈæk 0N tάɪtn <WMId>, Apple Seed and Before Lights Out. This series has always stood out with it's voice acting and the final scene is a great example of that. Let's just give this one a rare 10/10

I do hope the Final Season goes to a good team

K-ON! episodes 9-11

To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts episode 1 Quite a lot to take in for a first episode, hopefully it’ll be an interesting watch.

Emblem Take Two
OVAs 1-2 (Complete. A Yakuza themed anime that takes the subject seriously whilst injecting humour and other elements to keep the story entertaining.) 3.5/5

Encouragement of Climb 3rd Season
episodes 1-13 (Complete. Pretty comfy until the second half decided to inject some drama which worked for the most part. Part of me wishes the cast would actually make it to the top of Mount Fuji but that seems to be the endgame for the series.) 3.5/5

Prison School (English Dub) Episode 1-12 (Blu-ray) (Complete)
After putting this off for a while, I finally got round to watching this. I have to say that out of all the ecchi shows I have seen/own, this has got to be the most crudest and most violent series I've seen. On the plus side... At least the story scenario is different from the normal High School setting but also interesting, Great characters and the art/animation is very good. Overall this was enjoyable for obvious reasons. 😉😛 4/5

To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts Episode 1
Promising first episode, it'll be interesting so see how it plays out.

Attack on Titan episode 59
Really disappointing season and now I just want it to finish so I can move on to something else. It's not just that the season was crap, I find that I've started to care a lot less about the characters. I don't usually give ratings on here but this was a 5/10 for me.

To The Abandoned Sacred Beasts episode 1
Three episode rule on this one. A lot of people are saying how its quite promising and was a good first episode, but it didn't even set the scene properly really. Its another one where it setup this war but didn't do enough with the characters before they're put in danger. We'll give it a chance and see what happens but for now this is a bit crap for me.

Neon Genesis Evangelion eps 9-12 (new dub)

Magical Sempai ep 1
A pretty amusing half length show about a girl who's terrible at magic. Fair amount of ecchi comedy in this.
Fun OP.

Are You Lost? ep 1
Another fun half length show, less ecchi shots, but a fair amount of lewd jokes.
Another fun OP.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable Ep 1-3

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Ep 13

Ace of the Diamond: Act II Ep 14

One Punch Man S2 Ep 12
Is...is this finished?

One Punch Man Season 2 (Japanese audio) - Episode 12 (Completed)
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World (Japanese audio) - Episode 14

On-Going Simulcasts from Autumn 2018 & Spring 2019 Season - 4 titles:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - 13 of 26 (ep 14 this week)
Fruits Basket 1st Season - 13 of 26 up-to-date (ep 14 this week)
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind - 36 of 39 up-to-date (ep 37 this week)
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World - 14 of 26 up-to-date

Summer 2019 Season - ??? titles:
To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts - 1 of 12 up-to-date

Ace of Diamond: Act II episode 14 Furuya fumbles.

Are you Lost? episode 1 Survival shenanigans.

Black Clover episode 90 Mecha?

Magical Sempai episode 1 Ridiculous and lewd but pretty fun, wonder if it’ll wear thin though.

One Punch Man Season 2 episode 12 A less intense finale. (Complete. Not as strong as the first season but still fun overall.) 3.5/5

Toy Story 4 (Film)
An impressive sequel that maintains the heart and soul of the series whilst giving its main character a great sendoff. Pixar impresses again. 4/5

Engaged to the Unidentified
episodes 1-12 (Complete. Very cute and usually easygoing, I now know where that clip of a girl dancing in front of a tv came from.) 3.5/5

Fairy Tail (English Dub) Episode 312

Isekai Quartet (English Dub) Episode 11

Strike Witches: 501st Joint Fighter Wing Take Off! (English Dub) Episode 11

Are You Lost? Episode 1
Well this seems interesting. Is it just me or has blonde pigtails got a few screws lose. OK, I get that a humans survival instincts/knowledge kicks in when something like this happens. Fore starters, the whole swim to shore was the correct choice, but "NOT" when there's a bloody shark in the water (Jaws music starts). Secondly, who eats a random passing bug without checking to see if the insect is poisonous or not and don't get me started on the drinking fish blood (GROSS). Seriously though... that's survival skill rule 101.

Magical Sempai Episode 1
This is just ridiculously stupid, but hopefully it improves.

One Punch Man Season 2 Episode 12 (Complete)
Great fight, predictable outcome.
A decent second season, though not as amazing as the first, it was still enjoyable regardless of the production issues. 3.5/5

YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World Episode 14
Intriguing episode. It'll be interesting to find out what the connection is between Kanna and Dr. Arima. Also what's the deal with Hojo skulking around Kanna's place all the time.

The Irregular at Magic High School The Movie - The Girl Who Summons The Stars

As I don't read the LN, I don't get the references, but it was still fun to watch. Not great but fun. 5/10

Yu-No episode 14
So are we all thinking that the Kanna-chan is his Mam?

One Punch Man 2 episode 12 (complete)
Enjoyable but not as good as the first one. I had no issues whatsoever with the art and animation though - it just made it more like the manga.

Are You Lost? episode 1
Funny, the characters seem like they can be explored more yet (which is a good thing) and no doubt the plot go nowhere but I get the impression we won't be watching it for the plot. Give it a chance and see what happens. I really hope people don't actually get stranded and use it for survival tips though.

Magical Sempai episode 1
Okay, so it was a light comedy and it was funny in places but the oversized boobs and "panty shots" we too in-your-face and sort of got annoying. Ao-chan Can't Study looked like it was taking the same direction in the first episode but the tone gradually shifted. See how this one pans out but given all the maid outfits and swimsuits at the end I can't see it changing.

Astra Lost in Space (Japanese audio) - Episode 1
Demon Lord, Retry? (Japanese audio) - Episode 1
How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? (Japanese audio) - Episode 1

4mt6nROh.png

B75UkNqh.png

PT2JBIyh.png

FMExODch.png

O7BCQKoh.png

eXJlufUh.png

tOJLlaWh.png

L9pztLbh.png

5Bq3MMQh.png

BLmIUexh.png

i5PJEOvh.png

dScOx8Lh.png

I2Rw1vBh.png

iPzLgV9h.png

sHk1gGbh.png

2EFa8FIh.png

OoJgruLh.png

dSBQU1Nh.png

You know this is anime of the universe when you have a thicc gyaru.

On-Going Simulcasts from Autumn 2018 & Spring 2019 Season - 4 titles:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - 13 of 26 (ep 14 this week)
Fruits Basket 1st Season - 13 of 26 up-to-date (ep 14 this week)
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind - 36 of 39 up-to-date (ep 37 this week)
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World - 14 of 26 up-to-date

Summer 2019 Season - ??? titles:
Astra Lost in Space - 1 of 12 up-to-date
Demon Lord, Retry? - 1 of 12? up-to-date
How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? - 1 of 12 up-to-date
To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts - 1 of 12 up-to-date

One Punch Man s2 eps 10-12 (complete)
Some pretty cool fights in this last section apart from the very last part which was obvious (because that's sort of the point). And that wasn't actually the end of the story that this season was building.
The problem with Saitama is that once the joke's worn off all you're left with is a massively OP protagonist. They solved this by shoving him out of the way by various means which weren't that funny. ONE obviously learnt and didn't make Mob quite as OP (I would say in season 2 he faced a foe even stronger than him, but still overcame him in an interesting manner).
Art and animation were fine, but obviously not up to the standard of the first season or the other shounen shows that I watched this season.
7/10

Samurai Champloo
eps 20-23
20 was an excellent episode with a cool twist at the end, but the story sort of fizzled out in the second part (21).
22 was quite a trip and 23 was a bit silly really.

Back