Your viewing journal

MIX ep 13

it starts!

Kono Oto Tomare! ep 13 [END]

What a great show, really good stuff. 7/10

BOKUBEN
ep 13 [END]

Worth not dropping after several boring eps, ended up being fine after sensei and senpai characters introdution and Fumino on the spotlight (the other 2 tho... ugh) 5/10

Kimetsu no Yaiba
ep 13

I want to eat your pancreas
8/10

Last edited:
We Never Learn ep 13 (complete)
Festival time.
A quite enjoyable harem comedy with ecchi elements. All the girls had at least one thing that I liked about and I have a harder time picking a favourite than with the Quintuplets, but some of them didn't have as much screen time so not as developed as characters. Also like Quintuplets the story's not finished, but both at least have a second season.
Design wise at least they could have a bigger differentiation with the body types than the Quints, but the art itself wasn't quite at the same standard.
7/10

Demon Slayer
ep 13
One cliffhanger resolved, onto the next!

Kono Oto Tomare eps 11 & 12
Tournament time. Some really excellent performances, but how will the guys perform. I'll have to wait until next week.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (Japanese audio) - Episode 13
Kono Oto Tomare! Sounds of Life Season 1 (Japanese audio) - Episode 13 (Completed: Season 2 begins October)
We Never Learn: BOKUBEN Season 1 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 9-13 (Completed: Season 2 begins October)

2019-06-29_181.png

2019-06-29_184.png

Another_-_Hhnngg.gif

On-Going Simulcasts from Autumn 2018 & Winter 2019 Season - 3 titles:
Dororo - 24 of 24 Completed
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind - 36 of 39 up-to-date
The Rising of the Shield Hero - 25 of 25 Completed

Spring 2019 Season - 13 titles:
Attack on Titan (Season 3 Part 2) - 9 of 10 (Final ep this week)
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - 13 of 26
Fruits Basket 1st Season - 13 of 26 up-to-date
The Helpful Fox Senko-san - 12 of 12 Completed
Isekai Quartet - 12 of 12 Completed
Kono Oto Tomare!: Sounds of Life (Season 1) - 13 of 13 Completed
One Punch Man (Season 2) - 11 of 12 up-to-date
RobiHachi - 12 of 12 Completed
Sarazanmai - 11 of 11 Completed
ULTRAMAN - 13 of 13 Completed
We Never Learn: BOKUBEN (Season 1) - 13 of 13 Completed
Wise Man's Grandchild - 12 of 12 Completed
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World - 13 of 26 up-to-date

Had a real lazy day in front of the tv.

Neon Genesis Evangelion ep 9

Golden Time ep 21-24 [complete]

Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV

Maquia

Kiss Him, Not Me
ep 1-12 [complete]

It's been a highly enjoyable mix of styles and genres.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 13
Topsy-turvy rooms and precious items.

Fairy Tail Episode 315
Motherly love and sacrifice.

Miru Tights Episode 8
Lewd massages.

Mix: Meisei Story Episode 13
The summer Tournament begins.

Stop This Sound Episode 13 (Complete)
Really good performance.
This was a pretty decent first season for this series. Beautiful, with a heartwarming story, good animation and great characters made this quite the enjoyable watch. Looking forward to the second season. 3.5/5

We Never Learn: BOKUBEN Episode 13 (Complete)
Summer Festival time.
So far this has been quite an enjoyable series. A decent story with good comedy like Quintuplets and the animation is fairly good. The characters are all really quirky and likeable. I'm really looking forward to the second season. 3.5/5

Yet another OVA day.

Uma Musume: Pretty Derby Specials 1-3 [End] - An extra three episodes included with the BD release. These focus on three background characters and provides a good side story to the main series. Good fun as expected. 8/10

Golden Kamuy OVAs
1-2 - Included with manga volumes. Two side stories on how Ogata and Hijikata joined forces and how Shiraishi became known as the escape king. Good fun as usual with a focus on some great supporting characters. Another OVA is planned for September. 8/10

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
episodes 1-2 [End] A set of OVAs quite similar in tone to Girls Last Tour. While the series doesn't focus on story or really developing it's characters it excels in presenting a relaxing atmosphere. The lack of music puts a great focus on the ambience of the world and is accompanied by a nice art style with great character animation. 8/10

Macross 7: The Galaxy is Calling Me!
- Theatrical episode. A standalone story that while fun is just as average as the main series. 6/10
Super Dimension Fortress Macross - 8/10
-Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Do You Remember Love? - 8/10
-Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Flash Back 2012 - 7/10
-Macross Plus - 8/10
-Macross Plus Movie Edition - 9/10
-Macross 7 - 6/10
-Macross 7: The Galaxy is Calling Me! 6/10
Macross 7: Encore
Macross Dynamite 7
Macross Zero
Macross Frontier
Macross Frontier Movie: The False Songstress
Macross Frontier Movie: The Wings of Goodbye
Macross FB7 Galaxy Flow Soul: Listen to My Song!
Macross Delta
Macross Delta Movie: Passionate Walküre
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba episode 13

Fruits Basket 1st Season episode 13

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind episode 36

O Maidens in Your Savage Season episode 1 - An early preview without the OP or ED. The comedy is pretty good and it looks like it's setting up for some good Okada Drama™. The art style is also pretty nice with a kind of pastel look to it. Heard good things about the manga so I look forward to this.

Last edited:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba episode 13 Lopping off heads and giving the book.

Fairy Tail: Final Season episode 315 Red rain and familial strain.

We Never Learn: BOKUBEN episode 13 Festival fun and awkward sleeping arrangements. (Complete. Pleasant and entertaining though I do feel that there are series’ more deserving of a second season. That being said I will be watching S2 when it airs.) 3.5/5

“Everything you always wanted to know about sex* *(But were afraid to ask)” (Film)
Films that consist of vignettes are hard to judge as a whole since some parts can be better than others but in this instance I found them all to be more miss than hit and I got little out of the film overall. 2/5

Dual Parallel! Trouble Adventures
episodes 1-10

We Never Learn episode 13 (complete)
Enjoyable but been done to death. I don't think anyone would disagree with that but I'm just not sure why the second series as opposed to others?

7 Seeds episodes 4 - 12 (complete)
The first three episodes of this didn't really do anything for me but it sort of picked up a bit at episode four. For a show where you're supposed to be concerned for the characters, I didn't actually like any of them in the beginning. Not really anything I didn't expect going in but would like to find out what happens in the end.

Forest of Piano Season 2 episodes 4-5
This really isn't as good as the first season. It's like they ran out of budget right at the beginning. I get that the audience in the theatre is supposed to be captivated and entranced, but it just looks like the camera is panning over a still.

We Never Learn episode 13 (complete)
Enjoyable but been done to death. I don't think anyone would disagree with that but I'm just not sure why the second series as opposed to others?

The studio responsible aren't responsible for all the others shows? Seems like this is the first thing they've done looking on MAL.

Its more like 1 season split in two anyway. Also, its a Shounen Jump manga and they only covered a third of it so far.

Samurai Champloo eps 15-19
A surprise windfall, a sad backstory 2 parter, the power of words and a new clue.

Fairy Gone eps 9-12 (complete)
Bit of a twist there, although was it good writing or just a cheap distraction to make you think one guy was going to be the bad guy (and he still maybe yet) for it to turn out to be the other? I don't recall even one hint that he might have been planning something. Also what was the point of the attack on the train? He was getting the weapon no matter what and nothing seemed to come of it later. The only thing the story got out of it was to give Marlya a motivation that's been lacking throughout bar the vague notion of finding Varonica (although that didn't turn out too well when she did)
Confusing/lacklustre plot made worse by characters seemingly lacking motivation. Still not sure what the vast majority really want including the MC. It didn't help with all the flashbacks and jumping around the map with all the name and date stamps especially as I wasn't sure what the present date was or the main focus of the events were supposed to be. I suppose the action was fairly cool although the CG for the Fairies was a bit weird, should have just been used on the Artificial Fairies and other man-made machines. Soundtrack was pretty good if maybe the heavy rock stuff was a bit overused.
6/10

Attack on Titan S3P2 [END]

well it's over for now, I didn't enjoy it as much as others but it was still fine. 6/10

Caligula
ep 9-12 [END]

I liked how it start. OP and ED and pretty good. but well........ it's bad, really bad. Dunno if it's the anime adaptation fault or the game fault but dang, it's bad, awful. 2/10 cause I liked the OP and ED song.

Last edited:
Attack on Titan Season 3 (English Dub) Episode 18

Sword Art Online Alicization (English Dub) Episode 22

The Promised Neverland (English Dub) Episode 12 (Complete)

Attack on Titan Season 3 Episode 22 (Complete)
The entirety of Attack on Titan season 3's anime as a whole has been very good. This is the kind of anime I absolutely can't get enough of... from its story twists, truths/secrets being uncovered/revealed, it always left me on the edge of my couch wondering what was coming next and left me with the feeling of wanting more after each episode ends. This season has had everything from its, great art/animation, much loved characters to all of the brilliant fights, etc (minus a few details), which has made this season such a thrilling roller coaster ride to watch from start to finish. I'm really looking forward to the final season. 4/5

Cinderella Nine Episode 11
The Summer Tournament begins. Play Ball!

Macross 7 Encore episodes 1-3 [End] - A few extra episodes. Pretty unrelated to the main story. 5/10

Macross Dynamite 7
episodes 1-4 [End] - An OVA series. A more focused (Aside from an unnecessary subplot) story than the main series that brings the Macross 7 era to a decent enough close. 6/10

-Super Dimension Fortress Macross - 8/10
-Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Do You Remember Love? - 8/10
-Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Flash Back 2012 - 7/10
-Macross Plus - 8/10
-Macross Plus Movie Edition - 9/10
-Macross 7 - 6/10
-Macross 7: The Galaxy is Calling Me! - 6/10
-Macross 7: Encore - 5/10
-Macross Dynamite 7 - 6/10
Macross Zero
Macross Frontier
Macross Frontier Movie: The False Songstress
Macross Frontier Movie: The Wings of Goodbye
Macross FB7 Galaxy Flow Soul: Listen to My Song!
Macross Delta
Macross Delta Movie: Passionate Walküre

Overall the Macross 7 era sure had it's good moments but it was really bogged down by glacial pacing and annoying characters. Easily the weakest part of the franchise so far. At least I'll be watching Zero and Frontier next season.

Last edited:
Attack on Titan Season 3 2nd Part episode 59 Seeing the ocean as changes begin being put into motion. (Complete. Another very solid season that introduced revelations and world-building that change the dynamics of the story whilst also retaining the dramatics involved with Titan conflicts and survival.) 4/5

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations
episode 113 Piggy in a muddle.

Cinderella Nine episode 11 The climactic tournament is underway.

James Glickenhaus’ The Exterminator (Film) Reminiscent of films like Death wish, this is a downbeat and ultra-violent tale of vigilantism with stylish directing and gruesome kills. Recommended for fans of the sub-genre. 3.5/5

Dual Parallel! Trouble Adventures
episodes 11-13 & Final Frontier OVA (Complete. This is reminiscent of combining the Tenchi franchise with NGE and was a decent concept asides from a disliked cliche near the end. The OVA was fun also.) 3.5/5, 3.5/5

Ebiten
episodes 1-10 & OVA (Complete. A lewd comedy series with a dose of parody and bizarre scenarios. I found it all to be a bit mixed in terms of quality but it’s an alright anime overall.) 3/5, 3/5

Demon Slayer episode 13
The baddies in this still feel like a boss fight from Castlevania or something (duck when he does that then hit him there).

Cinderella Nine episode 11

Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 2 (Japanese audio) - Episode 10 (Completed)
To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts (Japanese audio) - Episode 1

On-Going Simulcasts from Autumn 2018 & Spring 2019 Season - 3 titles:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - 13 of 26 (ep 14 this week)
Fruits Basket 1st Season - 13 of 26 up-to-date (ep 14 this week)
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind - 36 of 39 up-to-date (ep 37 this week)
One Punch Man (Season 2) - 11 of 12 up-to-date (ep 12 FINAL this week)
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World - 13 of 26 (ep 14 this week)

Summer 2019 Season - ??? titles:
To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts - 1 of 12 up-to-date

Back