Your viewing journal

The Rising of the Shield Hero episode 25 Final fight for now. (Complete. An Isekai series that I quite enjoyed with a cast that often had to deal with stubbornness and stagnant would-be allies.

I’m curious to see how the story will progress beyond the anime and whether Naofumi will continue to develop as a protagonist following revelations that came to light.) 4/5

The Rising of the Shield Hero ep 25 [END]

Good last ep. Would like a S2 for sure. 5/10

Yaiba
ep 12
Attack on Titan S3P2 ep 9

Last edited:
The Wise Man's Grandchild episode 12 (complete)
Not much to say about this. It was fun but a bit crap at the start, at least it stood out from other isekai by not being as good. Was fun when it wanted to be but when it tried to do a more serious tone it didn't do it well.

The Rising of The Shield Hero episode 25 (complete)
This is liked and definately one of the better isekai out there for me at least. The MC was different to some isekai by actually having flaws a nd not being the OP god like chatacter (in the beginning at least). Would like a second season anyway.

The Helpful Fox Senko-san episode 12 (complete)
This was very light and feel-good and didn't try to do anything too serious so did what it did well. I'm not sure it needs a second season but if it did then it'd probably run out source material so compensate by going down the fan service route which (usually leads to merchandise and moar monies but) really wouldn't be a good idea with this series - there was a few times the show pointed out that he'd get arrested if anyone saw them together so its not like it doesn't know it.

The Helpful Fox Senko-san (Japanese audio) - Episodes 11-12 (Completed)

On-Going Simulcasts from Autumn 2018 & Winter 2019 Season - 3 titles:
Dororo - 24 of 24 Completed
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind - 35 of 39 (36 this week)
The Rising of the Shield Hero - 25 of 25 Completed

Spring 2019 Season - 13 titles:
Attack on Titan (Season 3 Part 2) - 9 of 10 (Final ep this week)
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - 12 of 26 (13 this week)
Fruits Basket 1st Season - 12 of 26 (13 this week)
The Helpful Fox Senko-san - 12 of 12 Completed
Isekai Quartet - 12 of 12 Completed
Kono Oto Tomare!: Sounds of Life (Season 1) - 12 of 13 (Final ep this week)
One Punch Man (Season 2) - 11 of 12 up-to-date
RobiHachi - 12 of 12 Completed
Sarazanmai - 11 of 11 Completed
ULTRAMAN - 13 of 13 Completed
We Never Learn: BOKUBEN - 8 of 13 (4 eps behind)
Wise Man's Grandchild - 12 of 12 Completed
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World - 13 of 26 up-to-date

Samurai Champloo eps 8-10
Another collection of fun and entertaining episodes.

More catch up:
Helpful Fox Senko-san eps 10-12 (complete)
Snow, going away and coming home.
A fun and comfy watch, apart from the bits about Nakano terrible work problems, man I would not like to be a salaryman in Japan! Occasionally came close to the line with the innuendo, but mostly tame especially compared to Nobunaga-sensei!
Art and animation were the same Doga Kobo standard.
7/10

Karakuri Circus
eps 30-34
This train is finally nearing it's destination, but still some time for some action and yet more flashbacks!

Dragon Half OVAs 1-2 (Complete. Decently entertaining but not especially memorable, could have done with more episodes.) 3/5

Mikagura School Suite episodes 10-12 - This series is kinda on Symphogear levels of fun for me. It has a dumb MC and they even blow up the moon in the final episode! Like Hibiki, Eruna has become one of my favourite characters as I really like the idiot with a heart of gold archetype. Her yuri antics were also quite funny too. The supporting cast were all pretty fun too with Seisa and Otone providing some good conflict. The series also features some unique character designs and the animation was surprisingly good during fight scenes. Overall a pretty good dumb fun series with a likable MC. 8/10

Revival of Evangelion
[Rewatch] - A fantastic follow-up to the main series with great animation and even more psychological analysis. May watch the Rebuild films soon. 9/10

Last edited:
Eps 39-51 of My Hero Academia
Ep 25 of Raising of the Shield Hero (complete)...hope they make another season, there is enough source material for one.

yu-no ep 13
Kenja no Mago ep 12 [END]

Fun show, not the best ending arc but great animation. s2 is a far off dream but I enjoyed for what it was and would like to own it. 6/10

Piano no Mori S2
ep 7-8

Last edited:
Fruits Basket 1st Season (Japanese audio) - Episode 13
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind (Japanese audio) - Episode 36

On-Going Simulcasts from Autumn 2018 & Winter 2019 Season - 3 titles:
Dororo - 24 of 24 Completed
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind - 36 of 39 up-to-date
The Rising of the Shield Hero - 25 of 25 Completed

Spring 2019 Season - 13 titles:
Attack on Titan (Season 3 Part 2) - 9 of 10 (Final ep this week)
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - 12 of 26 (13 this week)
Fruits Basket 1st Season - 13 of 26 up-to-date
The Helpful Fox Senko-san - 12 of 12 Completed
Isekai Quartet - 12 of 12 Completed
Kono Oto Tomare!: Sounds of Life (Season 1) - 12 of 13 (Final ep this week)
One Punch Man (Season 2) - 11 of 12 up-to-date
RobiHachi - 12 of 12 Completed
Sarazanmai - 11 of 11 Completed
ULTRAMAN - 13 of 13 Completed
We Never Learn: BOKUBEN - 8 of 13 (4 eps behind)
Wise Man's Grandchild - 12 of 12 Completed
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World - 13 of 26 up-to-date

Neon Genesis Evangelion eps 5-8 (new dub)

Samurai Champloo eps 11-14 (dub)
A Jin centric episode, a recap episode and a 2 parter centred on Mugan.
I'm gradually warming up to the male mains.

Karakuri Circus eps 35 & 36
Great penultimate episode with Shirogane and Narumi finally getting back to together in a beautiful moment and an OK finale with bad guy giving in and helping because reasons.
Overall the plot got a little convoluted and confusing in parts with seemingly flashbacks within flashbacks in the middle part, but the final cour concentrated on the present and really brought it back together.
The art and animation were pretty good as well with some interesting designs and nice action.
7/10

Fruits Basket
(2019) ep 13
Brotherly trouble.

Pretty much an OVA day today.

Revue Starlight Specials 1-3 [End] - Covering some short stories set before the performance of Starlight. The character moments are still so true to the themes of the main series. Hopefully Sentai can get these for their release. 8/10

Asobi Asobase OVA
and Specials 1-2 [End] - God the humour in this series is so cursed I love it. A pretty relevant reference to Evangelion as well that caught me off guard. 8/10

Gabriel DropOut Specials
1-2 [End] - The usual antics and a surprisingly good story to finish. I wanna rewatch the main series. 8/10

New Game! OVA
- Eh it's pretty much a fanservice episode but it had it's fun moments. 7/10

Gonna continue with a few more tomorrow.

Last edited:
Fruits Basket (2019) episode 13 Ayame appears.

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure Part 5: Golden Wind episode 36 Possession.

Bananas (Film) Finally getting into the Woody Allen boxset I got ages ago. This was fun, bizarre and quirky. 3.5/5

Flowers in the Attic (Film)
A dark and brooding thriller with themes of incest and abuse, both psychological and physical, running throughout. The Christopher Young score is great and the story grows more tragic as events play out. The ending felt a bit anticlimactic though. 3.5/5

Fruits Basket (2019) (English Dub) Episode 13
Brotherly problems and quite the slithery introduction to Ayame's character.

Why the Hell are You Here, Teacher!? Episode 12 (Less Censored) (Complete)

Piano no Mori S2 ep 9-12 [END]

Such a bad season, barely any animation, some of the worse backgrounds I've ever seen with paper like 'audience', at points it was so bad it was funny. Rushed to no end, I enjoyed a few eps.. like the last few weren't bad cause story is there, VA is good..but I can't recommend this to anyone. 3/10.

Back