Your viewing journal

Dororo episode 24 Party is over. (Complete. Very enjoyable with great brutal action and a likeable core duo. Wouldn’t mind seeing a successor series.) 4/5

Yatogame-chan Kansatsu Nikki
episode 12 A shame this is ending but... (Complete. It’s getting a second season and was a fun set of shorts. I’ll certainly tune in for season 2 whenever it’s out.) 3/5

Neon Genesis Evangelion [Rewatch] episodes 7-12

Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 2 episode 9 - Some very odd music choices lately with them using the instrumental version of Call your name <Gv> for the title drop instead of the song literally called ShingekiNoKyojin. Also cool that we get to see Galliard this early as well as some anime original content.

Dororo Episode 24 (Complete)
Dororo is an anime about a child that was born with a terrible curse and his journey to defeat the demons that cursed him. It's a great mix between realism and old japanese folktale, and a great mix between action, drama, and mystery.

Everything this anime does is very well. The animation is smooth, Great sword-fighting actions scenes, and some philosophizing about living a life of violence versus peace make this series cover the gamut of emotions a viewer wants from any series, not just anime. The world is immersive and deep, and while the main character himself can't speak a word it's incredible how much you're able to feel for him and everything he's going through. There's a constant sense of mystery in the air that keeps every episode fresh and with good pacing, and the demons themselves are very creative and make for great fights. Always makes you crave for the next episode and this is something that I really want in any show.

Overall, a very good anime that's a breath of fresh air from your run of the mill action anime thanks to avoiding every cliche that's plagued the last two decades, which is ironic considering the source material was made half a century ago. 4/5

Miru Tights Episode 1-7
Lots of legs and some lewd camera angles.

Yatogame-chan Observation Diary Episode 12 (Complete)
A nice little comfy short with some really likeable fun characters. This may not look like much, but it did give me a good laugh. Art and animation was decent. Looking forward to season 2. 3/5

Keijo!!!!! ep 10-12

Kinda wish I could get to see some of the pro world stuff, but oh well, it was unique but felt rushed to no end. 5/10

Piano no mori S2
ep 1-6

Last edited:
Neon Genesis Evangelion (rewatch) episodes 1-9

Attack On Titan episode 58
I've had enough now and its doing my head in. I just want this to finish so we can watch something else.

Yatogame-chan Kansatsu Nikki episode 12 (complete)
I really enjoyed this and it makes me want to go back to Nagoya so maybe next year now. There was a lot of pausing to read all the dialogue on the screen but it was interesting, informative and amusing in places. The characters were there to meet a purpose - just to convey the information really. I don't think you were meant to idolise them or fall madly in love. The fact that this was a short helped as I think it made it much more palatable.
I know its not got much love but I liked it and I'm looking forward to the second season. Also I think there's something similar coming up soon set in Gifu so see what happens.

Dororo eps 21-24 (complete)
The final push for Hyakkimuru. They almost went the full "ah ha, the guy you've been rooting for is the real demon", but no happy(ish) ending with Tahoumaru suddenly forgiving him because he didn't kill him and then completing the redemption by not killing his father.
Some cool action, interesting characters and storylines. It seemed to drag slightly in the middle, but overall always kept up a good pace.
The art was very good, as was the animation. Maybe took a slight dip overtime, but mostly consistent. I liked the OST as well and both OP/ED 1 (2 weren't as good).
8/10

Yatogame-chan Kansatsu Nikki
ep 12 (complete)
Karaoke!
Interesting and fun show. Maybe a little short sometimes and I had to do some supplementary research on occasion, but that's OK. Art and animation were good.
6/10

Golden Time ep 9-12
This show has become far more sophisticated than I expected from the first couple of episodes. The way the amnesia hook is used is very well done, how it makes different characters lie or be truthful at different times and how it's used for character driven story is really great.

Isekai Quartet Season 1 (Japanese audio) - Episode 12 (Completed)
Kono Oto Tomare! Sounds of Life Season 1 (Japanese audio) - Episode 12
One Punch Man Season 2 (Japanese audio) - Episode 11
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World (Japanese audio) - Episode 13

On-Going Simulcasts from Autumn 2018 & Winter 2019 Season - 3 titles:
Dororo - 24 of 24 Completed
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind - 35 of 39 (36 this week)
The Rising of the Shield Hero - 24 of 25 (Final ep this week)

Spring 2019 Season - 13 titles:
Attack on Titan (Season 3 Part 2) - 9 of 10 (Final ep this week)
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - 12 of 26 (13 this week)
Fruits Basket 1st Season - 12 of 26 (13 this week)
The Helpful Fox Senko-san - 10 of 12 (1 ep behind, Final ep this week)
Isekai Quartet - 12 of 12 Completed
Kono Oto Tomare!: Sounds of Life (Season 1) - 12 of 13 (Final ep this week)
One Punch Man (Season 2) - 11 of 12 up-to-date
RobiHachi - 12 of 12 Completed
Sarazanmai - 11 of 11 Completed
ULTRAMAN - 13 of 13 Completed
We Never Learn: BOKUBEN - 8 of 13 (4 eps behind)
Wise Man's Grandchild - 11 of 12 (Final ep this week)
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World - 13 of 26 up-to-date

Last edited:
Fairy Tail (English Dub) Episode 311

Isekai Quartet (English Dub) Episode 10

Strike Witches: 501st Joint Fighter Wing Take Off! (English Dub) Episode 10

Isekai Quartet Episode 12 (Complete)
Four isekai worlds being isekai'd into another Isekai... and who said that Avengers: Infinity War was the most ambitious crossover ever.

This is a crossover combination of 4 anime (Overlord, Konosuba, Re:Zero & Youjo Senki), and if you've seen and/or love those anime, you will love this crossover! If you haven't seen those anime, please proceed to watch all of them and then watch this crossover in all its glory! No, but seriously if you haven't seen and/or didn't like those 4 anime, you'll have a very hard time appreciating this show.

Obviously, this is just a lighthearted comedy/parody series, and is not meant to be taken seriously. The only preparation that I would recommend before going into this would be viewing the four source anime, since some of the jokes and scenarios will go over your head if you don’t understand the context. This is a mostly a character driven series, and seeing all of the characters up to their old antics again with the addition of humorous interactions with the casts of the other Isekai anime. Seeing the main Konosuba cast acting like idiots again, Rem being adorable as ever and of course Tanya and Ainz being themselves. Overall this was just... amazing. Looking forward to the second season. 4/5

One Punch Man Season 2 Episode 11
The fighting intensifies and a reunion between master and student.

Strike Witches: 501st Joint Fighter Wing Take Off! Episode 12 (Complete)
What this lacks in art, makes up in hilarious gags. So far I can't stop thinking about how much fun each of the episodes have been. I want to go back each time and re-watch them to catch all the stuff I missed. Really a brilliant surprise to watch this little gem of a series. All the Japanese/English voice cast are back and I can tell they had a lot of fun with this. As far as the original works goes, this is a wonderful little extra topping on the 501st Strike Witches cake. 3.5/5

YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World Episode 13
Another good episode. This is getting really good, I'm looking forward to what happens next.

Ace of Diamond: Act II episode 13 Sawamura shows off some improved skills.

Black Clover episode 89 Some supporting characters get the spotlight.

Isekai Quartet episode 12 Takedown. (Complete. A quirky series that combined various characters and utilised scenarios and interactions for some good (and often self-aware) fun.) 3.5/5

One Punch Man Season 2
episode 11 Height of the fighting (he-la-hu).

Neon Genesis Evangelion [Rewatch] episodes 13-19

FLCL Alternative episodes 3-6 [End] - Easily my favourite of the three series with a well developed group of characters and a more subdued approach to the usual nonsense. Haruko is also more likable in this edition being less of an annoyance and actually supporting the main characters. As usual the animation and music is great and Oshiyama's mech designs are a real treat. 8/10

Isekai Quartet
episode 12 [End] - A fun crossover of four popular isekai series. Especially great if you're familiar with the characters and their original stories. Good humour and fun character interaction. Interesting to see which series will join the roster with season 2. 8/10

Hugtto! PreCure
episode 8

Evangelion 3.33

Okay, it wasnt THAT bad ;) But these films were overall very disappointing compared to the series and manga for me, this one especially. They did look pretty though..

Im sure ill rewatch them before the eventual 4th film and perhaps I'll enjoy them more knowing exactly what to expect. Cant exactly say im excited for it though.

One Punch Man 2 episode 11

Yu-No episode 13
I know its based on the game but this anime feels like it wants to be like Steins;Gate far too much.

Isekai Quartet episode 12 (complete)
Very very average. My favourite bit of this show is the ED and it was removed from the last two episodes so that's a massive sulk. I was familiar with all the characters in this, but it wasn't as funny as it could've been. If the comedy in it was on par with Konasuba then all would've been well in the world but some of the comedic moments had the setup of Konasuba with the delivery of Tanya The Evil and they're both of a very different tone. Very disappointed and wouldn't recommend it to someone but more out of frustration of what it could've been.
The ending introducing the transfer students but I wonder which isekai anime they'll come from - new anime or just new characters? Maybe the sequel will be Isekai Octet?

The Rising of the Shield Hero (Japanese audio) - Episode 25 (Completed)
Wise Man's Grandchild (Japanese audio) - Episode 12 (Completed)

On-Going Simulcasts from Autumn 2018 & Winter 2019 Season - 3 titles:
Dororo - 24 of 24 Completed
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind - 35 of 39 (36 this week)
The Rising of the Shield Hero - 25 of 25 Completed

Spring 2019 Season - 13 titles:
Attack on Titan (Season 3 Part 2) - 9 of 10 (Final ep this week)
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - 12 of 26 (13 this week)
Fruits Basket 1st Season - 12 of 26 (13 this week)
The Helpful Fox Senko-san - 10 of 12 (2 eps behind)
Isekai Quartet - 12 of 12 Completed
Kono Oto Tomare!: Sounds of Life (Season 1) - 12 of 13 (Final ep this week)
One Punch Man (Season 2) - 11 of 12 up-to-date
RobiHachi - 12 of 12 Completed
Sarazanmai - 11 of 11 Completed
ULTRAMAN - 13 of 13 Completed
We Never Learn: BOKUBEN - 8 of 13 (4 eps behind)
Wise Man's Grandchild - 12 of 12 Completed
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World - 13 of 26 up-to-date

Neon Genesis Evangelion [Rewatch] episodes 20-26 [End] - Still such a great series. I enjoyed episodes 25 and 26 a lot more this time around and rewatching this really made me appreciate how this series used the mecha genre as a backdrop for a more darker and complex story. Animation as well was a highlight with great fight scenes and (though it may be due to budget restraints) the limited animation was also rather fitting. Shiro Sagisu's soundtrack is still amazing. Up next is Revival of Evangelion. 9/10

The Rising of the Shield Hero
episode 25 [End] - Aside from the much debated first episode this was a pretty solid series. Naofumi was a pretty good MC with some great development through the series and Glass may just be one of my new favourite characters despite only having 20 minutes of screen time. Kevin Penkin's soundtrack was also pretty great. Would love a season 2 and hopefully more scenes with Glass. 8/10

Mikagura School Suite
episodes 7-9

The Helpful Fox Senko-san (English Dub) Episode 10

The Rising of the Shield Hero (English Dub) Episode 23
New acquaintances and some serious level grinding.

Wise Man's Granchild (English Dub) Episode 12 (Complete)
A decent if not generic "isekai" anime with it's typical OP MC scenario. This imo was a rather predictable series story wise, but at least it made up for with fairly good art/animation, fun and likeable characters. At the very best, the magic fights are done right. 3.5/5

The Helpful Fox Senko-san Episode 12 (Complete)
Senko-san is without a doubt the feel good and fluffiest anime of this season. I really enjoyed this show and the art/animation style complimented this type of anime well, making it one of my favorites this season. In the end though, the characters and story concept is basically the same as "Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid" with one difference, replacing the dragon with a fluffy fox. Overall this was a relaxing watch, and hopefully we get a second season. 3.5/5

Back