Your viewing journal

Just a mini catch up with a show I left to watch after it finished. It hasn't quite, but whatever:
Yatogame-chan Kansatsu Nikki ep 1-11
Lots of pausing to read the explanations, but they're obviously explanation for a Japanese audience with Crunchyroll not adding anything extra. The whole screen would be full of text though probably.
Yatogame-chan is quite cute though.

One Punch Man S2 ep10

I'm still entertained by OPM due to the strength of the source material, but there were definitely some rough parts in this one, animation wise. Garo's character model got a bit... abstract in particular.

Michiko e Hatchin ep5-7

Some very funny parts here as the baddies' efforts become an absolute farce, but the overall tone is still quite melancholic. I like how the show explicitly flags up the passage of time by regularly showing the date, it helps give it a sense of progression to what could otherwise feel overly episodic.

Fruits Basket 1st Season episode 12

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind episode 35 - My boy Narancia didn't deserve that...

Hitoribocchi no Marumaruseikatsu episode 12 [End] - God I just love this series. Following up from last year's Mitsuboshi Colors by the same author Hitoribocchi delivers on the wholesome goodness with some fun characters and great comedy. I really want a season 2! 9/10

Neon Genesis Evangelion
[Rewatch] episodes 1-6 - A good opportunity to revisit this series. May give the Rebuilds a rewatch after Death and EoE.

Encouragement of Climb Season 3 episodes 7-8

FLCL Alternative episodes 1-2 - I really like the characters so far.

Fruits Basket (2019) (English Dub) Episode 12
A solid episode.

Ao-chan Can't Study Episode 12 (Complete)
This was an enjoyable series to the point that it reminded me of B Gata H Kei with its female MC. The show itself is decent enough with its likeable characters and decent animation. Overall this was a fun rom-com with a hilarious scenario. 3.5/5

Hitoribocchi no Marumaruseikatsu Episode 12 (Complete)
A wholesome moe SoL comedy series about overcoming social anxiety and making new friends. The show itself is a pretty decent watch with its funny humor (which imo, compliments the animation style) and has a unique but fun cast of characters. 3/5

Senryu Girl Episode 12 (Complete)
A cute slice of life and a love letter to poetry itself. Senyru Girl is a nice comfortable relaxing watch with its likeable characters. The humor and romance is light but wholesome, and the poetry works well in this scenario, giving the show extra flavour. 3.5/5

Why the Hell are You Here, Teacher!? Episode 11 (Less Censored)

Ao-Chan Can’t Study! episode 12 A neat finale. (Complete. At times I found this to be comfortable and lighthearted, other times I found the humour and scenarios sometimes weren’t to my taste but it did pick up towards the end.) 3/5

Fruits Basket (2019)
episode 12 An uncomfortable confrontation.

Hitoribocchi no Marumaruseikatsu episode 12 Feeling sick and graduation from second year. (Complete. A sweet SoL with some poignancy to go along with the amiable adventures of a socially reluctant school girl. As a main character Bocchi was fun to root for and the supporting cast were fine too. It likely won’t get one but a second season would be welcome!) 3.5/5

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure Part 5: Golden Wind
episode 35 A major loss.

Senryu Girl episode 12 Wonderful reminiscing for a great finale. (Complete. I found this to be very enjoyable and easygoing, it had one of those atmospheres that always sit well with me. Throw in some poetry for flavour text and a nice relationship between the characters and you have one of my favourite anime of the season.) 4/5

Fruits Basket episode 12

Hitoribocchi episode 12 (complete)
I enjoyed this series and a second season isn't required but would be appreciated.

Senryu Girl episode 12 (complete)
This one didn't work for me. It was a bit "meh" and although the main characters were nice, they weren't at all interesting. I think the mechanic of the MC writing things down because she's too socially uncomfortable to say them doesn't really work when its narrated by a VA anyway and I started to forget that she wasn't just reading it out loud. I expect it works a lot better in the manga.

Ao-chan Can't Study episode 12 (complete)
This was fun while it lasted but shifted about for me. It sort of had three different tones - it could either be really creepy (if the dad was doing something), or really funny on occasion but could also be just a bit slow if nothing funny or creepy was happening. The ups and downs bring it out in the middle so I enjoyed it but I don't really want a second season.

Catch up round 2:
Fruits Basket (2019) eps 11 & 12
11 the bathhouse is pretty much the same as the first adap, except they cut Momiji's annoying song 👍
12 First day of a new school year and again pretty similar to the first time.

Ao-chan Can't Study ep 12 (complete)
First kiss!
I really liked the romance of this show, it did something a bit different to the will they won't they aspect with both the pressure of study and her hentai thoughts, thanks to her dad, on what it should be like. I didn't like the dad much with his character both in design and attitude. Talking of design, I'd say the rest of the cast were pretty standard better than some of the other shows, but not the best apart from the eyes, which I really liked especially close up:
7/10

Senryu Girl
ep 12 (complete)
Bit of a weird last episode of how they met, would have thought it could have been better earlier and finished on the fireworks from last week.
Another good half length show with a good collection of characters. It had some stand out moments like the test of courage and the fireworks from the last 2 episodes, but some slower moments as well. Again standard design and animation, nice eyes again!
7/10
I think the mechanic of the MC writing things down because she's too socially uncomfortable to say them doesn't really work when its narrated by a VA
True enough, but when you've hired HanaKana it would be a bit of a waste just for her to make the odd giggle and stuff 😉

Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu eps 11 & 12 (complete)
Another new friend and the end of the first school year.
Lovely SOL with a great cast and humour even if the the catalyst for the events is a bit cruel on the part of Bocchi's friend and Bocchi herself can seem a little too dense sometimes. The animation is very good and the designs are pretty cute apart from the eyes which are weird and put me off sometimes. The pupil placement reminds me of Chihayafuru, but there seems to be no link between them.
8/10

Joshi Kausei
eps 11 & 12 (complete)
An evening under a Kotatsu and the trip home from school.
A silent anime with episodes ranging from quite sweet to downright weird, but for the most part on the sweet end. Art and animation were pretty average.
5/10

Nobunaga-sensei's Young Bride
eps 11 & 12 (complete)
Solving the reason for the appearance of the spirits of the people who used to surround Nobunaga. But they only actually complete one "exorcism" and yet another spirit appears right at the end. There can't be another season of this surely!
Could have been a fun fish out of water show, but in the end only had one joke that all the people from the past wanted to satisfy their sexual desire for the titular character and it was inappropriate either for modern times (lolis) or for his position (students and support staff) 🙄 Art and animation were fine I guess.
4/10

Demon Slayer
eps 11 & 12
Haunted House and 2 new companions including [SARCASM]the hilarious comic relief character[/SARCASM] 🙄
The final fight in ep 12 was cool reminded me of Inception.

We Never Learn eps 11 & 12
Ep 11 A milder version of Why the Hell Are You Here, Sensei? with Maid and School Girl cosplay.
Ep 12 Uruka focused episode with many a misunderstanding, was quite sweet at the end.
One episode left, I believe.

That's it for today, can you tell I had the day off!

Eps1-13 of My Hero Academia

First time I watched this on CR I couldn’t get into it, but watching a second time I now love it...Season 2 also ordered

Kono Oto Tomare! ep 12

It was so intense, crazy.

Mix ep 12

last few eps got much better, must watch for sport drama fans.

We Never Learn ep 12

Not like this WNL, not like this again.. bring back the best girls.

Last edited:
Chou Kadou Girl 1/6: Amazing Stranger Episode 12 (Complete)
A fairly decent fun series with a interesting concept about moving figurines. All the cast of characters are unique in their own way, and the animation is pretty average. 3.5/5

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 12
Another solid episode.

Fairy Tail Episode 314
Mother and daughter woes.

Joshi Kausei Episode 12 (Complete)
A nice comfortable and relaxing watch with a weekly dose of random but wholesome antics from it's likeable characters to go along with the decent animation made this "silent anime" quite enjoyable. 3/5

Mix: Meisei Story Episode 12

Mr. Nobunaga's Young Bride Episode 12 (Uncensored) (Complete)
This for me was just wrong and disturbing on so many levels for obvious reasons. 1.5/5
Overall...
Nobunaga-sensei no Osanazuma has no hesitation or restraint. It knows what it is and wastes no time getting right down to the sordid business of entertaining us with completely over-the-top ecchi and harem setups. One of the reasons might be the short running time: clocking in at 7 minutes per episode, this show has to skip the foreplay and shuck the clothes right away in order to display its raunchy wares before the end credits roll. Ironically, the only area this show shows a little hint of self-consciousness is in the ecchi itself: the nudity is mild and the naughty bits are mostly hidden from view. What's the word, "titillate"? Maybe the show's creators think teasing excites more than just simply showing everything. Maybe they just don't want to get arrested by the police.

So, yeah, a girl shows up from Japanese history of nearly 500 years ago and mistakes the protagonist for the man she's supposed to marry because they share the same name. Then the anime proceeds to strip mine this flimsy premise for comedic gold. It's not really brilliant, it's not clever enough to inspire, but hot damn it managed to make me laugh out loud. It's not panning for gold in the gentle streams of romance so much as it's exploding deep within the earth with blatant disregard for environmental protection laws. Except, in my analogy for this anime, the laws aren't environmental.
They are more like laws protecting people who are minors or students or both at the same time from being molested by their teachers.

I mean, we're not supposed to laugh at a scenario where a young child takes off her clothes in front of an adult (after just meeting him) and asks to start making (more) children right there on the spot, right? We shouldn't be putting ideas into the heads of our teachers that it's OK be locked inside a classroom with your students (who are minors), right? Right?!

Stop This Sound Episode 12
The competition continues.

We Never Learn: BOKUBEN Episode 12
Uruka gets major screen time. Some misunderstands, that ending though was too adorable.

I have started watching Index season 3 after catching up (been years since I last watched season 2 and needed a reminder of events) but lowered my expectations after the backlash. I was pleasantly surpirsed though as it's more or less the same quality. I honestly don't get the hate, perhapes people had higher expectations due to the gap between seasons?

Between this and One Punch Man 2 I think I should just stop listening to the Internet.

Back