Your viewing journal

Fairy Tail (English Dub) Episode 310

Isekai Quartet (English Dub) Episode 9

Strike Witches: 501st Joint Fighter Wing Take Off! (English Dub) Episode 9

Isekai Quartet Episode 11
Isekai Avengers Quartet Assemble.

One Punch Man Season 2 Episode 10
Unfortunately for Saitama, even he can't 1-punch/KO his way to victory... even in a game.

Strike Witches: 501st Joint Fighter Wing Take Off! Episode 11
Ridiculous antics as usuall. The stuff with the mannequin was pretty funny.

YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World Episode 12
Good stuff, at least the current events are keeping things interesting.

Dororo (Japanese audio) - Episode 23
Kono Oto Tomare! Sounds of Life Season 1 (Japanese audio) - Episode 11
The Rising of the Shield Hero (Japanese audio) - Episode 24
RobiHachi (Japanese audio) - Episode 11
Wise Man's Grandchild (Japanese audio) - Episode 10-11

GCTPicL.png

oJD7BPl.png

DoNZgU5.png

3PLkZGK.gif

On-Going Simulcasts from Autumn 2018 & Winter 2019 Season - 3 titles:
Dororo - 23 of 24 up-to-date
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind - 34 of 39 up-to-date
The Rising of the Shield Hero - 24 of 25 up-to-date

Spring 2019 Season - 13 titles:
Attack on Titan (Season 3 Part 2) - 8 of 10 up-to-date (9 this week)
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - 11 of 26 up-to-date (12 this week)
Fruits Basket 1st Season - 11 of 26 up-to-date (12 this week)
The Helpful Fox Senko-san - 10 of 12 up-to-date (1 ep behind)
Isekai Quartet - 11 of 12 up-to-date
Kono Oto Tomare!: Sounds of Life (Season 1) - 11 of 13 (12 this week)
One Punch Man (Season 2) - 10 of 12 up-to-date
RobiHachi - 11 of 12 up-to-date
Sarazanmai - 10 of 11 up-to-date (Final ep this week)
ULTRAMAN - 13 of 13 Completed
We Never Learn: BOKUBEN - 8 of 13 (3 eps behind)
Wise Man's Grandchild - 11 of 12 up-to-date
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World - 12 of 26 up-to-date

More catch up:
Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu eps 8-10
Making new friends.
Including a former apprentice.

One Punch Man s2 eps 7-9
The convenient tournament plot to stop Saitama spoiling the Monster Association plans straight away has finished and sure enough he's kicking (punching) butt!

Fruits Basket (2019) eps 8-10
New Years, a race and Valentines day.
The darker undercurrent has appeared, hope it's integrated into the story better than the first adap.

Isekai Quartet episode 11

K-ON! episodes 5-8

Hugtto! PreCure episodes 7

The Rising of the Shield Hero episode 24

Last edited:
The Helpful Fox Senko-san (English Dub) Episode 9

The Rising of the Shield Hero (English Dub) Episode 22
A Hero's conference, more of the usual conflict and nearly a spiked pie.

Wise Man's Granchild (English Dub) Episode 11
Good episode. Lots of action and non stop fighting, just how I like it.

The Helpful Fox Senko-san Episode 11
Separation, departing and arriving, plus a recollection.

The Rising of the Shield Hero episode 24 Betrayals abound.

D.Gray-man HALLOW episodes 1-13 (Complete. A solid successor that felt rushed in places. The new art style took a bit of getting used to but overall this was still a good watch.) 3.5/5

Doctor Who: Resurrection of the Daleks
Possibly the darkest story of the 80s era (asides from Vengeance on Varos and Revelation of the Daleks) or at the very least the one with the highest on-screen death count. The plot can be a bit overloaded at times but I enjoy how brutal and powerful the Daleks can feel in this story. 4/5

All hungover yesterday after the gig on Tuesday night so chilled with some Ghost Hunt ep 1-11. I feel like I like this show considerably more than I should. It's just so easy to watch!

First wave of catch up almost done:
Helpful Fox Senko-san eps 7-9
Massage, Beach episode and Western Cooking.

Attack on Titan s3 p2 eps 5-7
The end of the battle and the basement! Ooo twist!

Sarazanmai #11
I was hyped for this, I was so hyped for this, but.... uuuhm...
#6 was already strong and didn't feel like they could top the drama, but they did it with everything towards #10, so I was really looking forward to the last episode.... But it wasn't... great. The episode wasn't terrible, either, but I can't say it wasn't a letdown. Probably because it doesn't really follow up to the previous episodes the way previous episodes did with each other (like as in this aha moment, where everything is connected and hinted at making you go back and rewatch at once.) It kind of didn' really add anything that made all the parts better than its sum. It just... added something. Also some characters being completely sidelined kind of killed of the steam when they had their drama in previous episodes. And I think I really don't like the thematic one-sidedness.
So, Enta gets to break over the otter's sway in episode 10, and even manages to beat some sense into Kazuki. Tooi actually also manages to break the otter spell, but still continues with his emo-trip. Worse is I think that "likely future" about Tooi gets to get in jail for what he did, meanwhile Reo and Mabu make their comeback saving the day and it's kind of like non of that otter business they did has ever happened. Consequences where? That is quite the letdown given how nicely it showed how every little thing had effects and escalated to the drama the 10th episode got. Somehow it almost feels like throw away bawling-fooder for the BL-fandom. Worse they switch over to Sara's greek chorus element front, having this lofty know-it-all vibe. Like no, weren't you firmly rooted in the actual plot?
Keppi joining them, too, to sprout those phrases made it fell even less convincing. If any sense of that wasn't already destroyed by his humanoid Moomin (???) figure. (Just why did he have to infect Sara as well with that...) That's kind of sad, they did get me to chuckle, when he pulled the superman thingy for the rescue.
Visually Utena's surrealy flashy fairy tale-pathos came back with quite some force and it felt just strange. But more out of place I think
were those Sasuke-emo vibes and a theme focus on the episode that feels like it was attached in favor of something else that probably was just too long to unfold. (Like, pretty much any backstory for the otters. Or the kappas for that matter.) Ans surreal as the show may be it never screwed in-world consistency that much. What the hell is Haruka doing out there without his parents? And those prince-dream lines of his went to nowhere either. (Yes The Little Prince is a thing of reference in general, but other parts did that better.)

And now I'm really scratching my head over that Reo and Mabu Manga. It doesn't fit in as a prequel, it doesn't fit in as a sequel and the show also doesn't introduce AUs either. That Twitter Timeline doesn't appear quite as remote, but still doesn't really fit. Going by a show that is about connections tying all of that meaningfully together would have been rather neat. =X

I think its main problem its rushed 11 eps was too short. Utena I'm watching finally and its very good at being slow yet building up to something Sarzanami felt like every ep had to have something. Ep 9 was the weakest for me as trying to make you care for Toi's brother in like 3 minutes felt rushed and fake It does need to be rewatched, seems to have done awfully (Death March is above it rn in CRs popularity) So no CE then probably.

2 cours for Mawaru Penguindrum was already too short and 12 for Yuri Kuma Arashi was kind of a disaster for Ikuhara's storytelling style. But going by everything until 10, it did feel like the problem was known and being tackled (with varied amounts of success, but definitely quite some improvement). I didn't think that 9 was all that weak. It just happened to be the most trippy episode. Tooi's brother had numerous hints over the episode itself and before, that he wasn't all that terrible of a person, at least concerning Tooi. The show is really strong with the little subtle things out there. 9 does seem a lot weaker than two weeks ago though, because there is quite some build up, which is left to go to nowhere really. Some of which does get it's payoff in 10, which makes 10 quite strong, but then 11 comes around and somewhat kills it. =/

Sarazanmai episode 11 An ending that did little for me. (Complete. This was a series with some cool ideas and concepts that unfortunately, for me, began fizzling out after the halfway point and ended in a way that felt rushed. A shame really as the first half was fun enough.) 3/5

Sarazanmai (Japanese audio) - Episode 11 (Completed)

Interesting concept, but I have some nitpicks with the overall anime. The story feels incomplete with a lot of rushed points or lack of proper explanations to certain events. There was also a lot of repetitiveness to the fight scenes which is dependant on your taste in music (the police song I really like, while the Sarazanmai song I'm not a fan of) and I really liked the whirlpool sequences that go into more depth with the backstories of the characters. Some characters like the girl from the TV I felt really had no relevance to the story until the last moment of the show and the police guys pulled a deus ex machina in the final episode.

Overall 7/10. Still worth a watch, but unfortunately is not the best anime of the season.

Sarazanmai episode 11 [End] - Another great series from Ikuhara with the usual abstract storytelling and visual style you'd expect. My only real issue is that it could've used perhaps 1 or 2 more episodes to develop the characters further but other than that a pretty great series. 8/10

Mikagura School Suite
episodes 4-6

Back