Your viewing journal

Kono Oto Tomare! ep 11

We Never Learn ep 11

This got so much better since Ogata and Uraka barely appear!! it's like a whole new show with Fumino, Mafuyu and Asumi on the spotlight.

mix ep 11

Another one that got better since the new girl appearance, sometimes you just need that extra spice to make all the intersections start to work. Is it cross game good? hardly, at least so far, by this point cross game had made me literally cry. Is it touch good? dunno, never watched it, I'd like to know myself

Last edited:
More catch up with more shorts:
Why the Hell Are You Here, Sensei? eps 7-10
2 new sensei, same old hentai set-ups without the pay-off (and massively censored)

Senryu Girl eps 8-11
It's summer so that means Swimsuits, Fireflies, Courage Tests and Fireworks.

Tatami Galaxy

Never seen this before though I've already seen Mind Game, Night is Short and Lu Over the Wall. So my expectations were pretty high and I have to say this series never really lived up to those films.
Hmm. That's interesting, I would have put Tatami Galaxy above Yuasa's film work by quite a margin. Even Night is Short never really clicked for me in the same way.
FWIW, I'm with the Prof on this one. I first saw The Tatami Galaxy back in 2013 and found it exceptional. (I still do.)

The next Yuasa thing I saw was Night is Short, and while not up there with Tatami for me, I still enjoyed it.

And then I saw some other examples of Yuasa's work and started to realise that perhaps I'd been rating him a bit too highly. His contribution to the Genius Party short film anthology, Happy Machine, is... perfectly good, I suppose; Lu Over the Wall is fun and charming in parts but falls apart into a bit of a mess late on; I was honestly surprised to be so disappointed by Ping Pong, but I could just never get into any of the characters or their stories...

And then I saw Mind Game. I absolutely hated it. What an awful excuse for a film. That further damaged my overall opinion of Yuasa's complete body of work to date. I'd love it if I enjoyed Ride Your Wave, though. I've got my fingers crossed for that one. 🙂

I watched We Without Wings episode 1. It was bad. Very very bad.

Most of the reviews I've seen said it gets a lot better after the first three episodes, but episode 1 was so awful, I don't think I ever want to watch anime again.
Hmmm 🤔 I now both do and dont want to rewatch it...
Again, FWIW, I think We Without Wings is one of the very worst examples of what anime can sometimes end up as. It's such godawful tripe, with writing that's cackhanded and incoherent at best, and just outright creepy and disturbing at worst.

I gave it 2/10 on MAL, but that was only because I didn't want to trivialise the 1/10 score I gave Urotsukidouji II. That is hands-down the worst anime I have ever seen. Absolute gutter trash.

Last edited:
FWIW, I'm with the Prof on this one. I first saw The Tatami Galaxy back in 2013 and found it exceptional. (I still do.)

The next Yuasa thing I saw was Night is Short, and while not up up there with Tatami for me, I still enjoyed it.

And then I saw some other examples of Yuasa's work and started to realise that perhaps I'd been rating him a bit too highly. His contribution to the Genius Party short film anthology, Happy Machine, is... perfectly good, I suppose; Lu Over the Wall is fun and charming in parts but falls apart into a bit of a mess late on; I was honestly surprised to be so disappointed by Ping Pong, but I could just never get into any of the characters or their stories...

And then I saw Mind Game. I absolutely hated it. What an awful excuse for a film. That further damaged my overall opinion of Yuasa's complete body of work to date. I'd love it if I enjoyed Ride Your Wave, though. I've got my fingers crossed for that one. 🙂

Again, FWIW, I think We Without Wings is one of the very worst examples of what anime can sometimes end up as. It's such godawful tripe, with writing that's cackhanded and incoherent at best, and just outright creepy and disturbing at worst.

I gave it 2/10 on MAL, but that was only because I didn't want to trivialise the 1/10 score I gave Urotsukidouji II. That is hands-down the worst anime I have ever seen. Absolute gutter trash.

Interesting. I wonder if theres a common thread of people liking the first things by him they see by him more.

On we without wings it's odd coz I have it on my shelf but I literally remember nothing about it. Even looking at the back of the dvd I dont remember anything. I may at some point rewatch the 1st ep to see if it sparks anything but I enough new stuff to watch for the time being.

On we without wings it's odd coz I have it on my shelf but I literally remember nothing about it
That honestly doesn't surprise me, dude. 😅
I think it has that effect on people who've seen it.

The only good thing is the cast commentary on the episode where the main character needs to find a way to... expel the poison that's infecting his body. Oh dear, oh dear. *facepalm *

One of the VAs, who's watching that scene for the very first time, can only roar with laughter at the sheer pitiful ridiculousness of what he's seeing.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear...

That honestly doesn't surprise me, dude. 😅
I think it has that effect on people who've seen it.

The only good thing is the cast commentary on the episode where the main character needs to find a way to... expel the poison that's infecting his body. Oh dear, oh dear. *facepalm *

One of the VAs, who's watching that scene for the very first time, can only roar with laughter at the sheer pitiful ridiculousness of what he's seeing.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear...

Haha that does sound pretty funny. I may then just watch that commentary we no context at some point

The Helpful Fox Senko-san (Japanese audio) - Episode 10
Sarazanmai (Japanese audio) - Episode 10
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World (Japanese audio) - Episode 11

Attack on Titan: 3rd Season 2nd Part
episode 57 Flashback and turning point.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 111 Immortality and playing puppets.

Cinderella Nine episode 9 The team improves and has a spooky situation.

Midnight Occult Civil Servants episode 11 Doing things the unorthodox way.

D.Gray-man episodes 37-40, 51-66

Last edited:
Attack on Titan Season 3 (English Dub) Episode 16

Sword Art Online Alicization (English Dub) Episode 20

The Promised Neverland (English Dub) Episode 10

Cinderella Nine Episode 9
Training camp and some spiritual encouragement.

Fairy Gone Episode 11
Rebellion and a War.

Midnight Occult Civial Servants Episode 11
Stubborn clients and getting help from unlikely sources.

Shoumetsu Toshi Episode 11
Pretty good stuff. It's going to be interesting to see how things conclude.

Why the Hell are You Here, Teacher!? Episode 11
Island vacation antics and plenty of "Holes". 😉

Midnight Occult Civil Servants episode 11
Cinderella Nine episode 11
Its a shame but I was enjoying this one (unexpectedly) and the break has sort of made me a bit less enthused

Being off work sick on Friday had it's advantages... caught up a little.

Wise Man's Grandchild ep 9-10
You've gotta respect this show for not just going the typical harem route (which says a lot about the quality of the average isekai), although the romance isn't exactly the most captivating. Still decent, though. And yay, plot progression.

Ace of the Diamond Act II ep 10-11
Exploring the foibles of some of the new characters and where they're likely to fit in. Nice and slow-paced.

Strike Witches: 501st Joint Fighter Wing Take Off! ep 9-10
Still loving this. It's just such dumb fun.

The Rising of the Shield Hero ep 22-23
Ah yes, reminders of how gamelike the world is. Honestly kinda surprised they're bothering with this arc, although it will make a solid ending point I suppose.

One Punch Man 2nd Season ep 9
I was expecting to be eh about this episode, but the discussion between Saitama and King is an absorbing one about apathy and depression, even if it's basically describing the typical problem.

Cinderella Nine ep 8
The classic for this type of show: problem occurs, everyone bands together to solve it. Not that formulaic necessarily means bad.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind ep 33-34
I've been quite eh about Jojo's for quite a few episodes now, but these were very good. It does help that Diavolo is pretty hot.

Kono Oto Tomare!: Sounds of Life ep 11
Ah, the strongest rivals. Makes me interested as to what route they'll take for the team's performance. I'm expecting failure, but with a strong showing to give them hope for next time and make other schools pay attention to them.

Fruits Basket (2019) ep 11
I have nothing really to say about this. Some development aside, it wasn't anything particularly new. Still cute and funny though.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba ep 11
Ah, Zenitsu and Inosuke. The two secondary protagonists, I guess you could say? It does make me realise how slowly the manga developed considering they're only being properly introduced now, at a point which would be right near the end of most anime.

Back