Your viewing journal

Michiko & Hatchin ep2-4

Man. Having spent a long time telling myself I was wrong about this show and the rest would not be as much of a downer as the first episode, I kind of built up this assumption it was going to be Cowboy Brazilbop for the rest of the duration. What I was not prepared for was the possibility that my first guess might have been the right one.

There is a lot of humour here, but there's also a deep, existential sadness behind it all. This is very much Brazil as it was in City of God - once you scrape back the dancing girls and the sunshine, there are cruel realities at every turn, and this series does not shy away from them.

The Rising of the Shield Hero episode 23 Boats and woes.

Miami Vice: Season Five episodes 15-16, “lost episodes” 18-21 episode 20 was possibly the worst of the series ngl.

Last edited:
Kizumonogatari Part 1: Tekketsu [Film] - This really was worth the wait. Easily one of Shaft's best works with the usual traits you'd expect as well as absolutely beautiful art direction giving it a style separate from the main series. While this film mainly served as setup for the rest of the trilogy it is still great fun and an essential watch for any Monogatari fan. 9/10

Encouragement of Climb Season 3
episodes 3-4

The Rising of the Shield Hero episode 23

Hugtto! PreCure episodes 5-6

Nichijou - My Ordinary Life (English Dub) Episode 1-4
I'm loving this. The antics are so ridiculously stupid and OTT, that makes this so hilariously entertaining.

The Helpful Fox Senko-san (English Dub) Episode 8

The Rising of the Shield Hero (English Dub) Episode 21
A trial with some quite literally shocking truths.

The Helpful Fox Senko-san Episode 10
Snow fun and a seductive Kyubi.

Vatican Miracle Examiner OVA
Recreating a 300 year old recipe.

Wise Man's Granchild Episode 10
Schtroms past is finally revealed.

Kono Oto Tomare!: Sounds of Life ep 10
Nice to see one of the three stooges getting some development.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba ep 9-10
Really pretty animation and a good battle scene, didn't drag on too long or anything.

Fairy Tail Ep 141-150
I finally managed to power through finishing this bloody arc. Thank god that's over. It concluded nicely at least.

Ace of the Diamond: Act II Ep 11

One Punch Man S2 Ep 9

Sarazanmai episode 10 Barrel of a gun.

Miami Vice: Season Five episode 17 (18-21 take place before the finale but were never aired and were thus dubbed “lost episodes”.) This was a lot of fun to to watch and the series gets gradually darker in tone as it progresses.

Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody episodes 1-12 (Complete. Not much to say on this one, it’s fairly standard Isekai and was generally pleasant and relaxed in tone asides from some quieter more serious moments and the action setpieces.) 3.5/5

Wise Man's Granchild (English Dub) Episode 10

Fight League: Gear Gadget Generators Episode 18

Operation Han-Gyaku-Sei Million Arthur 2nd Season Episode 11

Why the Hell are You Here, Teacher!? Episode 10 (Less Censored)

Gall Force: Earth Chapter OVA 2

The writing still feels a bit awkward in places (why exactly did the MME need Sandy to fire up the anti-missile satellites again?) and GORN’s constant nefarious laughter has something of the pantomime villain about it, but it’s all quite endearing really. Animation has smoothed out again and there’s a better ED theme this time too.

Kizumonogatari part 1

Really enjoyed it. Another great addition to the monogatari franchise with some pretty incredible animation. Also the booklet in the collectors edition has a nice interview with both the original author and the director that's worth a read imo.

Actually started this yesterday and have been watching since kizu but just finished Martian Successor Nadesico. Fun show if mostly nonsense. The self aware humour definitely added to it and made it improve as it went along.

Isekai Quartet (Japanese audio) - Episode 10
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind (Japanese audio) - Episode 34
The Rising of the Shield Hero (Japanese audio) - Episode 23

Back