Your viewing journal

Dororo episode 20 Back to death, back to brutality.

Yatogame-chan Kansatsu Nikki episode 8 Anxiously buying a camera.

Miami Vice: Season One episodes 11-16

Galaxy Express 999 (TV) Episodes 7-14
This time on Galaxy Express 999, three multi-part episode arcs! That's more like it... episodes in which Maetel encourages Tetsuro's relationship with a mass murderer and goes on to commit planetary scale genocide herself. Jesus, Maetel.

So the next time the Galaxy Railways review their books, the 999 route is getting axed. I don't care how efficient it is at somehow using coal to achieve light-speed, I think we've seen a total of four passengers on this at least nine car intergalactic train. It's constantly being subjected to hijackings, stowaways and line stoppages (both natural disaster and terrorism related) but has no security whatsoever. On this journey alone, one staff member (of only two, apparently) has died protecting a passenger from an inter-dimensional eldritch horror (which is apparently a "normal" thing to experience on that part of the journey) and two passengers have committed suicide by jumping from the train. And on top of all that the ticketing policy of allowing anyone with a ticket to ride (even if it was blatantly stolen from and in the name of a passenger the conductor was already familiar with) is an absolute joke, as Tetsuro has now thankfully pointed out. Good on you Tetsuro, I'm glad you didn't just let that slide.

Speaking of Tetsuro, is it just his lot in life to be the subject of the strange desires of psychopathic older women? That's three times now he's been kidnapped by women with serious issues who want him to stay with them for ever and ever. Four if you include Maetel, which I'm increasingly coming to the conclusion you should. Not that Ryuz was a bad prospect, honestly. Eternity with an immortal cyborg time witch flamenco dancer in the Addams Family house on an otherwise deserted planet, with a real time Google Maps of the entire universe for an entertainment system seems like a pretty sweet deal to me. But then I'm willing to overlook the mass-murder.
bedroom.jpg
Best chat-up line ever.

Princess Sara Episodes 15-24
Getting a bit sick of how much of a doormat Sara's being. I get it, she's an unreasonably nice person who's being treated unreasonably badly. But as with anyone in a similar situation in either fiction or real life, I constantly find myself rooting for them to finally snap and coat the walls with the blood of their oppressors. But somehow I don't think that's likely to happen here, though I'd love to be surprised. Honestly if this doesn't end with a smirking Sara monologuing about what she learned about rare plants in India while Lavinia slowly chokes to death on poisoned cake I'm going to be a little disappointed.

Also there's a short music cue that is seriously overused and I swear sounds almost exactly like one from The X-Files. I keep expecting Sara to stumble upon some ancient alien technology or something.

Over the last week-ish watched Billions, an American drama starring Damian Lewis and Paul Giamatti. Was very very good actually. Wall street money man vs attorney general.

Then watched Lego Batman movie which was a lot of fun. Had somehow not seen it before.

Then spent yesterday watching Fate/Stay Night: UBW. Way way better than F/SN. Less Emiya and more Rin is the main reason why tbh. Got a bit over half way through it.

Dororo (Japanese audio) - Episode 20
Isekai Quartet (Japanese audio) - Episode 8
One Punch Man [Season 2] (Japanese audio) - Episode 8
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World (Japanese audio) - Episode 9

On-Going Simulcasts from Autumn 2018 & Winter 2019 Season - 3 titles:
Dororo - 20 of 24 up-to-date
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind - 31 of 39 (32 this week)
The Rising of the Shield Hero - 20 of 25 (21 this week)

Spring 2019 Season - 14 titles:
Attack on Titan (Season 3 Part 2) - 5 of 10 (6 this week)
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - 3 of 26 (5 eps behind, 9 this week)
Fairy Gone (Season 1) - 3 of 12 (5 eps behind, 9 this week)
Fruits Basket 1st Season - 7 of 26 (1 ep behind, 9 this week)
The Helpful Fox Senko-san - 5 of 12 (2 eps behind, 8 this week)
Isekai Quartet - 8 of 12 up-to-date
Kono Oto Tomare!: Sounds of Life (Season 1) - 7 of 13 (1 ep behind, 9 this week)
One Punch Man (Season 2) - 8 of 12 up-to-date
RobiHachi - 6 of 12 (2 eps behind)
Sarazanmai - 6 of 11 (1 ep behind, 8 this week)
ULTRAMAN - 13 of 13 Completed
We Never Learn: BOKUBEN - 5 of 13 (3 eps behind, 9 this week)
Wise Man's Grandchild - 4 of 12 (3 eps behind, 8 this week)
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World - 9 of 26 up-to-date

Ace of Diamond: Act II episode 9 Sawamura gets served.

Black Clover episode 85 Bathtime and backstory.

Isekai Quartet episode 8 Shalltear shares it all on a certain succubus.

One Punch Man 2nd Season episode 8 Monsters and crows.

Miami Vice: Season One episodes 17-22 (Complete.)

Blue Seed ep3-4

I'll give it another couple of episodes before passing judgment, but I probably will drop this. It's not a bad show, it's just very middle of the road so far.

Encouragement of Climb ep1-3

It's not a patch on Laid Back Camp, but yeah this is fine. At three minutes an episode, it's not like it's a big investment of time or anything.

Fairy Tail (English Dub) Episode 307

Isekai Quartet (English Dub) Episode 6

Strike Witches: 501st Joint Fighter Wing Take Off! (English Dub) Episode 6

Isekai Quartet Episode 8
😂😂 😂 Bruh, this ep had me dying. That entire scene with Albedo, Aqua, Kazuma and Shaltear... LOL.

One Punch Man Season 2 Episode 8
The brutal fighting continues.

Strike Witches: 501st Joint Fighter Wing Take Off! Episode 8
Misunderstanding's, fanservice and a familiar face arrives.

YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World Episode 9
Well... I certainly didn't see that coming, but at least it's keeping things interesting.

Encouragement of Climb Season 2 episodes 17-24 [END] - Another good season with some unexpectedly good emotional scenes. The longer episode format was a nice improvement and the music was also pretty good. 8/10

Expecting great things from the animation in Season 3

Dragon Ball Super Broly (dubbed) I missed the chance to see this in the cinema so I took a punt with the blu ray but man, it was the least riskiest blind buy purchase I've ever made. I enjoyed the film so much it was wicked. Would happily watch this again anytime.

Pokemon The Power of Us Also a blind buy but it was a feel good Pokemon movie. Art style was pretty. Really enjoyed this one too.

Last edited:
AoT s3b 5 - pour a drink for... well... it's another action - heavy arc and particular episode for attack on titan so take your pick... or... (no... i shall not reveal new names of the shifters like that review channel!)

Karakuri Circus 31 - nothing is faster than Vilma's shooting stars! other than how quickly this show is turning into akama ga kill

dororo 20 - for the love of everything that wants to stay living, don't make hyakkimaru scream. bad things happen when Hyakkimaru screams

One punch man 2 8 - a guy with a fursona makes a trained, malicious martial artist look like a punk. I'm not sure what I was seeing in the opening minutes of this one...

Isekai quartet 8 - praise be to the axis's one true not useless goddess, the dispenser of the one truest truth

twin star exorcist 16 - 26 - some fanatics of the series despise the Dragonspot/Sae arc dismissing it at plain filler but it's like, totally one of the best parts, y'know!!

maxresdefault.jpg

Back