Your viewing journal

One Punch Man s2 e2
Some more character introductions.

YU-NO eps 1-3
Got major Island vibes from this. It's an adaptation of a visual novel with timey-wimey elements made by .feel, it even has the daughter of the mayor as a character! Where as Island is described as a romance VN this is described as an adult VN and has already had an adaptation (as a hentai OVA!). At the moment the mystery plot seems to be at the forefront, but they've seeded the fact that most of the girls we've met seems to have something for the MC, even the non-biological mother! Possibly some foreshadowing of where that goes with the security guard watching some soap opera where there's a son confessing to his non-biological mother!

Senko-san ep 1
Cute! I see what some people were saying about the tail thing, but the most egregious thing was the advice of drinking tea before going to bed! Never drink caffeinated beverages before going to bed!

Fruits Basket (2019) ep 3
Another great episode as Tohru realises something about Kyo and Yuki.

it even has the daughter of the mayor as a character!

maxresdefault.jpg

WITH DRILL HAIR

3PLkZGK.gif

Made in Abyss Rewatch in dub.

As someone who usually thinks the discussion of subs vs dubs is bs, in this case I thought the dub was poorly cast and I prefer the subs for this show. Well now I can look forward to Bondrewd the movie in peace

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind ep 28
Mixing it up a bit from the typical Jojo's formula is appreciated, but I do think Risotto's potential as a character was lost a bit as a result.

Senryuu Girl ep 3
YES. This is the cute we need.
Screen Shot 04-19-19 at 08.13 PM.PNG

Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu ep 3
Really glad I forced through the first ep and a half. This is really genuinely hilarious. I love Sunao and Honshou's dynamic. And I have great appreciation for the classic "character names describing their personality/trope" thing.
Also, I laughed far too loud when I noticed this moment in the OP:
Screen Shot 04-19-19 at 10.12 PM.PNG

Ao-Chan Can’t Study! episode 3 A bit funnier though I’m unsure whether I’ll be sticking around for next week.

Fruits Basket (2019) episode 3 Another enjoyable episode.

Hitoribocchi no Marumaruseikatsu episode 3 Charming like the last two episodes, I’m looking forward to next weeks.

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure Part 5: Golden Wind episode 27 Another great fight.

Senryu Girl episode 3 Still quite cute and likeable.

Anime-Gataris episodes 10-12 (Complete. A SoL series that differentiates itself with plentiful amounts of parody, self-awareness and a storyline that kept things relatively interesting. The last episodes in particular pushed things into a silly but fun territory.) 3.5/5

Last edited:
A Certain Magical Index III (English Dub) Episode 25

Fruits Basket (2019) (English Dub) Episode 3
Tohru realises why Yuki and Kyo act the way they do.

Ao-chan Can't Study Episode 3
Another misunderstanding and a unfortunate incident.

Hitoribocchi no Marumaruseikatsu Episode 3

Senryu Girl Episode 3
Aww... this was just to adorable. More, I need more of this cuteness.

Made in Abyss Rewatch in dub.

As someone who usually thinks the discussion of subs vs dubs is bs, in this case I thought the dub was poorly cast and I prefer the subs for this show. Well now I can look forward to Bondrewd the movie in peace

Really intrigued as to who you though was poorly cast. I enjoyed Riko Reg and Nanachi (sp all round?) Jirou was probably the only one I didnt like as I felt they played it too flat for no obvious reason.

I've only watched the dub so no idea how it compares.

Really intrigued as to who you though was poorly cast. I enjoyed Riko Reg and Nanachi (sp all round?) Jirou was probably the only one I didnt like as I felt they played it too flat for no obvious reason.

I've only watched the dub so no idea how it compares.

It's all IMO of course but while Riko was good, I thought Reg's VA struggled a bit during the scenes when he was supposed to be getting emotional.

English Nanachi is good.

As you say Jirou was too flat and uninterested.

Slightly Mexican Bondrewed was just funny, watching that accent slip out now and then made me chuckle since I know the VA is an American.

Marulk and Ozen were fine but Ozen didn't sound quite as intimidating as she could have been.

Overall it was fine but I know there are better English performances out there as I'm someone who watches dubs as well. Though I won't deny that in this case alot of it might be preference bias as well since I am used to the subs from two previous viewings :p

Last edited:
Back