Your viewing journal

The Rising of the Shield Hero (English Dub) Episode 15
Emotionally powerful and tragic episode this week.

Wise Man's Granchild (English Dub) Episode 2

Love & Lies OVA Episode 1
Trick or Treat.

The Helpful Fox Senko-san Episode 2
Another dose of fox girl SoL goodness.

Just seen em this morn
Shield hero 15 - raph and naf fight the greatest ancient evil next week CGI

Dororo 14 - most interesting thing in these few episodes will probably now be that map... well except for hyakkimaru. Bets on what he's gonna get back next?

So yesterday I watched the first two episodes of The Helpful Fox Senko-san and I'm not sure I'm really feeling it as much as other Doga Kobo shows. It feels very much like a less charming Dragon Maid. I feel like I might have liked it more if not for Dragon Maid already coming out, but it just kind of feels a bit too similar to it for me, even down to the promise of more foxes joining the fray later on. Plus the romance-ish (?) angle they seem to keep taking, is just a little bit creepy for my liking, considering the '800 year old fox goddess' looks about 8, so it's just a little bit uncomfortable. Much like WataTen from last season, it's a cute SoL show that is somewhat undermined by the odd out of place scene of creepiness. I don't hate it or anything, it is enjoyable, and has its moments, but I'm just not quite as taken by it as I was with the aforementioned WataTen last season, which at least made up for its creepy premise by being genuinely hilarious. Curious what others think of this. If anyone is actually watching it of course, bloody Funimation *shakes fist*

Curious what others think of this. If anyone is actually watching it of course, bloody Funimation *shakes fist*
I haven't seen the second episode yet, but it's very much going to depend on the angle they take... if it goes healing SOL then it should be fine. But as you say, romance overtones could leave it coming across as creepy. And the rather sexual tail-fluffing in the first episode really didn't help in that regard.

Though based purely on the first episode I personally found Wataten creepier.

I haven't seen the second episode yet, but it's very much going to depend on the angle they take... if it goes healing SOL then it should be fine. But as you say, romance overtones could leave it coming across as creepy. And the rather sexual tail-fluffing in the first episode really didn't help in that regard.

Though based purely on the first episode I personally found Wataten creepier.

Oh, WataTen is creepier, don't get me wrong, but this still makes me a little uncomfortable to some degree. You'll see in Episode 2, with the whole Senko getting into bed with the MC sequence. I feel you could get away with the healing excuse, if they weren't so obviously trying to make it a sexual thing, with the blushing and what not. It'd be fairly easy to make it innocent and innocuous, they just choose not to.

Oh, WataTen is creepier, don't get me wrong, but this still makes me a little uncomfortable to some degree. You'll see in Episode 2, with the whole Senko getting into bed with the MC sequence. I feel you could get away with the healing excuse, if they weren't so obviously trying to make it a sexual thing, with the blushing and what not. It'd be fairly easy to make it innocent and innocuous, they just choose not to.
That's a pity... it's got such potential as a healing show. Well, maybe it'll settle down after a few episodes, but I'm not too hopeful on that regard. Shows trying to draw people in with the first episode do sometimes change their tact in the second onwards, but it's relatively rare for that to happen later on in my experience.

That's a pity... it's got such potential as a healing show. Well, maybe it'll settle down after a few episodes, but I'm not too hopeful on that regard. Shows trying to draw people in with the first episode do sometimes change their tact in the second onwards, but it's relatively rare for that to happen later on in my experience.

Perhaps, I feel WataTen did tone itself down the further it went, so maybe this will too.

The Wise Man's Grandchild ep 2
Yeah, this seems fun.

The Rising of the Shield Hero ep 15
A lot happened in the month after the first wave, huh. The ridiculous timescale was always a bit of an immersion breaker in the LNs.

Tanaka-kun is Always Listless [Rewatch] episodes 9-12 [End] - Still one of my favourite iyashikei series and a favourite from 2016. Aside from being relaxing to watch the comedy is also pretty great. The art and music also worked well for atmosphere and characters were good fun. 9/10

Pop Team Epic Special -Vermillion Bird- Part A - Discovered which part Kana Hanazawa and Haruka Tomatsu were in. Another good duo.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind episode 6

I still need to finish Tanaka-kun, such a comfy and uplifting cast!

Hitoribocchi episode 2- Okay, I really, really love this anime already. I get all warm and fuzzy watching these guys!

Sarazanmai episode 2- Ikuhara at it again! I'm going to be hooked every Thursday on this, it's been far too long. I'm very happy that the repetition, catchy songs and returns of what I mentally refer to as "the courtroom scenes" are back, I also really like the "Leaking" music. I love Ikuhara so much and MAPPA are really killing it with the gorgeous animation and colour palettes, too.

Sarazanmai episode 2 Bizarre but entertaining.

All Out!! episodes 23-25 (Complete. A solid sports anime which balanced a more leisurely pace with some intense matches and scrums. This was another sports anime I came across on Crunchyroll and it was worth giving a shot.) 3.5/5

Anime-Gataris episodes 1-9

Hinomaru Sumo episodes 23-24 (Complete)

Made in Abyss episodes 1-5

My Roommate is a Cat episodes 11-12 (Complete)

The Quintessential Quintuplets episode 12 (Complete)

The Quintessential Quintuplets (English Dub) Episode 12 (Complete)

Araiya-san!: Ore to Aitsu ga Onnayu de!? Episode 3 (Uncensored)

Fight League: Gear Gadget Generators Episode 10

Operation Han-Gyaku-Sei Million Arthur 2nd Season Episode 3

Why the Hell are You Here, Teacher!? Episode 2 (Uncensored)

Gabriel Dropout episodes 10-12 (complete)
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this World episode 1
Definitely the three episode rule on this one. Didn't really feel drawn to watching the next episode straight away but I'll give it a chance.

Rilakkuma and Kaoru - episodes 1-2. Really cute first episode. I laughed when Rilakkuma burnt the pancakes.
Mob Psycho 100 S1 (Dub) - Reigen's English VA is great!

Last edited:
Isekai Quartet ep 2
This made me want more Konosuba.

Strike Witches: 501st Joint FIghter Wing Take Off! ep 2
The loose art style really lends itself well to this. Barkhorn and Minna always were my favourite Witches...

One Punch Man 2nd Season ep 2
Hmmn. Certainly not overly impressive visually, which was the main draw of the first season.

The Helpful Fox Senko-san ep 2
...this show would be so perfect if either a) Senko didn't look like a child or b) they didn't have the weird romance-conscious aspect to it.

Sarazanmai ep 2
WELL THEN.

Back