Your viewing journal

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba episode 2 Got some basket case vibes this week. Also that kick...

Fairy Tail: Final Season episode 304 A meeting from the past.

We Never Learn: BOKUBEN episode 2 Are you afraid of the dark?

Ace of Diamond: Second Season episodes 40-51 (Complete. A stronger second season with some great games and teamwork. Now I’m almost caught up on the AoD series.) 4/5

Ace of Diamond: Act II episodes 1-2

Date A Live III (English Dub) Episode 12 (Complete)

Endro! (English Dub) Episode 11

Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka (English Dub) Episode 12 (Complete)

Chou Kadou Girl 1/6: Amazing Stranger Episode 2
This was just weird. Seriously though, Marriage to a doll... AYFKM, WTF.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 2
Try not to lose your head. Whoops spoke to soon, Nice kick tho...

Fairy Tail Episode 304

Joshi Kausei Episode 2
A series of unfortunate events.

Mix: Meisei Story Episode 2

Mr. Nobunaga's Young Bride Episode 2 (Uncensored)
Education of a "different" variety.

Operation Han-Gyaku-Sei Million Arthur 2nd Season Episode 2

Stop This Sound Episode 2
An arrogant new club member.

We Never Learn: BOKUBEN Episode 2
Well that's certainly an ingenious way of mixing club activities with studying.

We Never Learn ep 2
Uruka maybe a little too hyper, but the show's still fairly enjoyable.

Mr. Nobunaga's Young Bride ep 2
Oh dear, more naked loli. If they don't drop this cheap gag, I'm dropping it.

Joshi Kausei ep 2
An unlucky day. A lot less lewd than the last one.

Demon Slayer ep 2
Nezuko's love for her brother overcomes her hunger.

Fruits Basket episode 2
Joshi Kausei episode 2
Demon Slayer episode 2
We Never Learn episode 2
Nobunaga-sensei episode 2 (dropped)
Amazing Stranger episode 2
Senryu Girl episode 2
Hitoribocchi no Marumaruseikatsu episode 2
Ao-chan Can't Study episode 2
One Punch Man Season One episodes 1-12 (complete)

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba ep 2
Ufotable really doing this justice.

We Never Learn: Bokuben ep 2
Still waiting on Mafuyu-sensei. Pity the show'll end before it gets to her really good bits.
Also, kinda interesting how I really didn't like Uraka when she was initially introduced in the manga but actually quite liked her introduction in the anime.

Sarazanmai ep 1
Ikuhara's latest work started strongly, that's for sure.

Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu ep 1-2
I was very close to giving up on this a couple of times through the first ep and first half of the second ep. As much as I want to enjoy shows like this because they're cute and funny, something about it just doesn't suit me; I dropped Takagi-san for a similar reason.
I did really enjoy the second half of the second ep though, and I'm thinking once the full main cast is introduced I'll like it. So for now I'm sticking with it.

Fairy Gone ep 2
Feels a bit rudderless at the moment. Hopefully that'll change.

Cinderella Nine ep 2
Well, there are art and animation issues already... one scene where the colour of a catcher's glove changed between cuts was just the most noticeable issue. Not the most promising sign, two episodes in. I'm worried this is going to be this season's animation trainwreck, which is a pity because so far I'm enjoying the story, even if it is very standard.
Screen Shot 04-14-19 at 07.29 PM.PNG

Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 2
Hitoribocchi no Marumaruseikatsu Episode 2
Joshi Kausei Episode 2
We Never Learn: BOKUBEN Episode 2
Cinderella Nine Episode 2
Sarazanmai Episode 1
Wacky TV Na na na Episode 1

/umiko

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 102 What a twist...

Cinderella Nine episode 2 Another fun episode.

Midnight Occult Civil Servants episode 2 Different from the first episode and quite enjoyable.

A.I.C.O. Incarnation episodes 1-12 (Complete. A decent sci-fi series that had some neat mystery and intrigue but could have developed the supporting cast a bit further.) 3.5/5

Sword Art Online Alicization (English Dub) Episode 11
The Promised Neverland (English Dub) Episode 1
Cinderella Nine Episode 2
Fairy Gone Episode 2
Midnight Occult Civial Servants Episode 2
Shoumetsu Toshi Episode 2
The Royal Tutor Movie (Film)
Why the Hell are You Here, Teacher!? Episode 2
Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs Episode 11—12 (Uncensored) (Complete)

Tanaka-kun is Always Listless episode 1[English dub/Rewatch] - Decent enough dub for the first episode but seeing as Monica Rial is voicing a character from episode 2 onwards I'll have to give this dub a miss.

Tanaka-kun is Always Listless episodes 2-4 [Rewatch] - And back to the original audio

Symphogear GX episode 7

Watching with friends again today - I’ll put the ones we actually finished in the other thread, mainly to save this post from becoming a novella.

Sarazanmai ep1

That sure was an Ikuhara show. Not entirely sure what to make of it, so I’ll reserve judgement for now, but I’m at least curious to know what the thrust of the series is going to be - it’s not exactly obvious where it’s headed right now.

ServantxService ep1

I used to work a very similar job to the one the office drones are doing here, so this was quite relatable. Maybe too much so - I know exactly what it’s like to get scolded by the public for a living :/

Shakotan★Boogie (1991) ep1

I’d picked this out expecting some Initial D style street racing, but it’s actually more focused on the cruising/customising end of car culture. The unusual subject matter is interesting, as is the general aesthetic of the stunningly ridiculous looking cars, but the characters aren’t all that engaging and the only English subtitles available are an absolute troll job. Might watch a little more out of curiosity, but I could see this getting quietly dropped before completion.

A Centaur’s Life ep7

Another take on the ‘creature people in society’ idea (can we call that a genre now?), this one feels a bit weightier than Interviews With Monster Girls or Monster Musume. It seems quite dignified and thoughtful in how it deals with its characters and their apparent otherness, but it also feels like something I’d need to be in a particular frame of mind to really appreciate - it doesn’t strike me as being so accessible as the other examples I’ve seen.

Eps 1 & 2 of Midnight Occult Civil Servants
Ep 2 of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba i almost pissed myself laughing when Nezuko kicked that demons head off

Mobile Fighter G Gundam - Episodes 22 - 24 (Blu-ray)

Episode 23 was absolutely spectacular, I'd forgotten just how good this series could be at times. these episodes bring an end to the first arc with the Gundam Fight Finals ready to start.

Welcome to the JAPARI PARK ep 12
The Friends solve one puzzle, but there's another to solve.

Why the Hell Are You Here, Sensei? ep 2
Trapped by a storm and Babysitting.

Midnight Occult Civil Servants ep 2
I'm guessing that's the big bad of the show we were introduced to.

Things I've watched recently, part 2:

Pigtails and Other Short Stories from Production I.G
In order of appearance...
Pigtails
I was enjoying this until it ended. And then... I didn't know what to make of it. It needs a rewatch or two. For now, I'd rank it fourth out of the five shorts included in this collection.

Kick-Heart
An S&M reimagining of Romeo and Juliet? Expressed through the medium of pro wrestling? Written and directed by Masaaki Yuasa?! Crikey.
Third in my ranking. Probably should really be second, but... well.

Li'l Spider Girl
I first saw this one as part of the Anime Mirai anthology at Scotland Loves Anime 2012 — and bloody loved it! More than meets the eye, is all I'll say, with a sting in the tail. 😉
My favourite of these five shorts.

Drawer Hobs
This one's... all right, I suppose. The animation's certainly very nice, but... the story...? Basically, a single woman learns how to be a proper Japanese lady capable of doing everything society expects of her. She also learns how to do her make-up properly. 🙄
If I try not to look at it through a Westerner's eye, it's inoffensive fluff.

OVAL x OVER
NEO magazine declared this manic racing promo by Gurren Lagann director Hiroyuki Imaishi a "dud". It's easily my second favourite after Li'l Spider Girl. Maybe I'm just awkward. 😛

#####

Momotaro: Sacred Sailors
A World War II propaganda cartoon commissioned by the Japanese imperial navy. It's an animation curio that's really difficult to judge objectively, but is certainly a very intriguing bit of viewing.

The Spider and the Tulip
A bonus short film included on the Momotaro BD. I know the spider's character design is rather iffy in this day and age, but I found the episode itself very enjoyable. It does include a hilarious and unfortunate animation glitch, though: the photographer's hands are caught on film in two rogue frames! Whoops. 😅

Back