Your viewing journal

Pop Team Epic Special (Black Tortoise) - A return of the dumbest anime of all time. As I enjoyed the first season this was more of the usual madness. What's interesting is that there were four different broadcast versions with four VA duos in each one totalling 32 VAs. The version I watched titled Black Tortoise featured Yumiri Hanamori and Nao Toyama known for their performance as Nadeshiko and Rin from Laid-Back Camp so of course I had to give that version a watch. There were some good camping jokes here and there and Toyama even used her Rin voice in response to Hanamori's joke so that was pretty cool. I'll have to take a look at the other versions to see which one had Kana Hanazawa. The return of Shouta Aoi and the appearance of Shouta Aoi Alter was also good fun. Overall a good return for the series and perfect for an April Fool's Day special. 8/10

Screenshot_20190402-114345_HIDIVE.jpgScreenshot_20190402-114405_HIDIVE.jpgScreenshot_20190402-115525_HIDIVE.jpgScreenshot_20190402-115945_HIDIVE.jpg

Ace Attorney 2nd Season (Dub) episode 43 Stalemate and confrontation.

Black Clover episode 77 Sh*tty siblings and talking mushrooms.

Voice of a Distant Star (OVA) A decent enough science fiction romance short, didn’t leave much of an impression however. 3/5

WWW.Working!! episodes 1-13 (Complete. I wasn’t expecting much from this asides from a set of new characters but this spin-off manages to capture the fun of the original series whilst feeling fresher in its approach to humour. I think I actually liked the cast here more as well asides from the Adachi, he was a bit irritating.) 3.5/5

Ace of the Diamond: Act II ep 1
I'm happy to see this show back. I'm very fond of sports shounen and this is definitely among the better ones.
I thought was a hint that the Queen was Francine, the sixth girl (who I don't remember being mentioned before now as it was the magical 5 who won the battle) in the flashback (although thinking about it this was before that battle, I guess she "died" in the battle. Again can't remember) who sounded like a nypho-lesbian when suggesting her and Narumi lock themselves in a room for 3 days! Also Mia makes a lewd remark and says "I was talking like Francine".
Huh, I suppose that makes sense. Honestly, I was already convinced the Queen was Francine, so I didn't notice that it could be taken like that as it was built into my assumptions I guess...

^Rail Wars? :p

Shield Hero ep 13
I maintain that this adaptation is actually better than the light novels. It feels like the characters are a lot less stupid, particularly in episodes like this. Granted, that's probably more due to poor writing and/or translation of the novel... but yeah. Good episode to really set the current arc in motion.

Kemono Friends s2 e12 (complete)
Quite a hectic finale that sort of deals with the immediate threats, but leaves the biggest one dangling.
Overall it wasn't as bad as people upset about what happened after the first season were trying to make out, but definitely not as good story wise and lacked a certain charm even though the production standards were a little higher.
6/10

SAO: Alicization ep 24 (complete)
Quite a good episode, apart from maybe that last bit setting up the next part and leaving you with a cliffhanger which sort of came out of nowhere as we hadn't been to the real world in a while.
Overall the first half was a bit slow and the second turned into a fight of the week show which got a bit stale. Most were OK fights though apart from the 2 (which were dull/silly) before the final fight, which actually was pretty damn good.
7/10

The Magnificent KOTOBUKI ep 12 (complete)
Some great action in the final battle, although some of the manoeuvres seemed impossible.
Overall the plot was hard to follow sometimes like the big bad seemed like a nice guy, but then all of a sudden wasn't. Maybe it was down to the structure of massive info dump with lots of talking followed by a dogfight every episode as I can't read that fast so missed stuff, but also don't like having to pause and go back all the time.
The animation and sound for the dogfights were excellent, but the characters, although looked better than HIMOTE HOUSE, still moved in the same stiff way.
6/10

Mob Psycho 100 s2 e13 (complete)
Awesome last battle, but seemed to finished too early in the episode leaving a lot of time for fluff and the bit with the Improvement Club was just bizarre (I know plenty of bizarre stuff happens in this show, but this time it just felt out of place).
Overall it was a great season. My only quibble is that as great as the character building is in the first part of the season I would like the overall threat to make an appearance before the 8th episode, same happened in the first season and it splits the season up rather than making a cohesive whole. It seemed especially weird this season as the big bad made an appearance right at the end of the last episode of season 1.
9/10

2 shows left now. The last 3 episodes of Kaguya-Sama and the last 2 arcs of Boogiepop.

The Rising of the Shield Hero episode 13 The shield is stronger than the corrupted once again. The preview for next week’s episode looks ominous.

Zillion episodes 1-10

The Rising of the Shield Hero ep 13
YU-NO: A girl who chants love at the bound of this world. ep 1
After the Rain ep 7
One Piece ep 715-735

Last edited:
Back