Your viewing journal

Scum's Wish #1-5.

Mate of mine has been pestering me to watch this and wow... didn't expect this! I liked the spin on Akane but yeash there are no characters I give a crap about here! They are all so bad, dunno what I expected with a title like this lol. Since I am basically half way through I'll see it out hopefully finish tomorrow. Main girl seemed alright first couple of eps but ehh, though I am interested in how things play out for everyone.

Gosick (re-watch) #1-3.

Still hold ups and then some. Favourite show looks to be staying that way.

Konohana Kitan (re-watch).

Still holds up too! Probably my 2nd fav show.

PERSONA5 the Animation ep 11
Gakuen Babysitters ep 8
Slow Start ep 10-12 [END]

Really liked it, likeable cast. 7/10

Attack On titan S3 P1 ep 7-12 [END]

Weakest season so far but still good, ready for p2 now. 7/10

Last edited:
Dororo episode 12 A family reunion that was never going to run smoothly.

Mob Psycho 100 II episode 12 Gotta love a good umbrella trick.

Sakura Trick episodes 1-12 (Complete. A school-based yuri SoL that revolves around the premise of the main characters sharing frequent sessions of intimacy whilst also participating in quintessential anime activities like pool cleaning, school festivals and tests of courage with their friends. It was fine but didn’t leave much impact overall.) 3/5

Skip Beat! episodes 1-13

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime (English Dub) Episode 22

Dororo Episode 12
The suffering continues. The truth is finally revealed along with a pretty predictable outcome for the family reunion.

Pastel Memories Episode 12 (Complete)
A decent and ingenious series with a nice atmosphere to go along with the likeable cast of characters and interesting plot. I also liked how this show made casual references to other shows within each of the episodes. Overall it was a fun show, but I do feel as though that the fanservice was a little OTT. 3/5

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Episode 25 (Complete)
A very good "Isekai" series that stays pretty faithful to the original story with it's unique and very different story plot when compared to the other Isekai series out there which was nice to see for a change. The series itself looks great with the choice of art and animation style that was used throughout and with a strong and very likeable cast of characters that led to some really good character interactions which resulted in lots of decent moments along the way that made this series into a fun and enjoyable watch from start to finish. Hopefully this will get a second season at some point in the future. 4/5

Mysteria Friends episode 10 [End] While this series certainly had good production with beautiful visuals and a great soundtrack it falls short in the character writing. Aside from that it was a nice comfy series to watch each week. 7/10

Kaguya-Sama: Love is War episode 11

Arakawa Under the Bridge episodes 5-9

Mob Psycho 100 II episode 12

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime episode 24.5 [End...?] - While I'm not entirely certain whether this series has finished this seems like a good time to do a mini-review. Continuing from the past season this really has been my favourite isekai series for just how fun and vibrant it is. The production was brilliant and the story was simple but engaging with plenty of fun characters. Really looking forward to Season 2! 9/10

[CORRECTION: It does seem that this was the final episode therefore it's pretty much ended on two bonus episodes which isn't a bad thing as they've both been good fun even if one was a recap of sorts.]

Hyouka episodes 1-4 - Thanks based KyoAni

Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Flashback 2012 - Pretty much just a collection of music videos set to clips from the series and film. Still nice to revisit the SDF series before starting Macross Plus and Lynn Minmay's music is always nice to listen to. 7/10

Super Dimension Fortress Macross
Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Do You Remember Love?
Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Flash Back 2012

Macross Plus
Macross Plus Movie Edition
Macross 7
Macross 7 The Movie: The Galaxy is Calling Me!
Macross 7: Encore
Macross Dynamite 7
Macross Zero
Macross Frontier
Macross Frontier Movie: The False Songstress
Macross Frontier Movie: The Wings of Goodbye
Macross FB7 Galaxy Flow Soul: Listen to My Song!
Macross Delta
Macross Delta Movie: Passionate Walküre

Last edited:
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime episode 24.5
So was that the end? I really feel cheated with a catch-up there - I don't see the point of it. I'd've rather they ended it two weeks ago and had last weeks episode as the beginning of the next series. It was fun but definitely the most overrated anime of the season (and the previous one to be fair). Some people on the interwebs talk about how its not like other Isekai series and its different but it really isn't, it's just fun. Also the OP/ED was spoilerific which I thought took a lot away from the series as a whole.
7/10 for me

The Saga of Tanya The Evil episodes 1-3
I didn't watch it the first time round and as the characters are looking to be included in Isekai Quartet I thought I'd take the free time I'll have with loads of series finishing to watch it in between seasons.

Run With the Wind ep 23
Well, they definitely found a good way to make it feel like Kansei won without being completely unrealistic. A great episode to finish on.
Overall, this series gets an 8/10 from me. It's been well-paced (one or two minor timeskips aside) and enjoyable to watch with a good mix of levity and serious moments. Although obviously a little bit unrealistic in premise it's never felt completely OTT and unbelievable. And it's provided a good look at it's characters too despite the limited time to examine such a (comparatively) big main cast.

Wataten ep 12
If all of the episodes were this good I'd think much better of this show. The weirdness is minimal and the play the children put on was actually surprisingly poignant.
Overall... it only gets a 4/10. The weirdness was unnecessary (what was wrong with Miyako just being friends with them?) and the humour did get a bit stale after the first few episodes. It had some very cute and funny moments and the art and animation were strong throughout, and I was honestly for the most part fond of the characters. Even Miyako, when she wasn't drooling over Hana. But that whole thing was just incredibly off-putting and brings it down a good few notches.

Real Girl S2 ep 12 [END]

Big improvement over S1, aside from the middle of the season that was kinda meh.. 6/10

Run with the wind ep 23 [END]

I liked it, it felt slow at points, took a while to actually start but strong last arc. 6/10

Last edited:
Scums Wish #7

"Maybe we'll end up happy"
I sure bloody hope not! I'll be mad if any one gets their happy ending.

Real Girl #S2E12

What a cheesy af ending. I was laughing throughout lol.

Overall an okay series. Good characters made me stick around. Biggest negative of the series is all this manufactured drama BS that by the end you'd realise it was a waste of an episode. I'd agree with above 6/10 seems fair overall. Probably not a show I'd revisit.

Ace Attorney 2nd Season (Dub) episode 42 A stab in the dark.

Black Clover episode 76 A based butler and his paint-obsessed master.

Run with the Wind episode 23 (Complete. A refreshing sports anime that skillfully balanced out a large central cast and focused more on the training than tournament arcs for the most part. I’d happily take another season.) 4/5

Skip Beat! episodes 14-25 (Complete. A comedic underdog story with a lead you can root for and a decent if at times cliched set of characters and storylines. The dynamic between Kyoko and Sho/Ren is intriguing if very shoujo, and the anime stops rather abruptly halfway through a very good arc. I can only hope there’s another season, otherwise it’s onto the manga for now.) 4/5

Slow Start episodes 1-12 (Complete. I do like it when SoLs manage to deal with mature themes, and in this instance a lead character whose anxiety caused her to miss a year, and the subsequent support she builds with her new friends. It’s an often touching little series that I wish I hadn’t overlooked when it aired.) 3.5/5

Fairy Tail (English Dub) Episode 298

3D Kanojo: Real Girl 2nd Season Episode 12 [24] (Complete)
As good as the first season if not better. I did feel as though that some of the character drama did seem a little bit forcefully dragged out but at least it got quickly resolved in the end which was good. Overall this was a very enjoyable second season with a predictable conclusion in the end, at the least it gave us plenty of good moments along the way. 3.5/5

WATATEN!: An Angel Flew Down to Me Episode 12 (Complete)
This was an intriguing if not pretty average show that ended up being somewhat disturbing for certain and obvious reasons. The show itself has a nice comfy feel to it with some decent looking visuals and a good OST along with it's fun and engaging group of characters. 3/5

Witch Craft Works (rewatch) Episode 1—7

Scums Wish END.

As bizzare as it is that was entertaining despite how much I didn't care.

Overall though very frustrating show. I appreciate the idea behind it but a show like this needs characters you can get behind and not a single one I could, non of the chars were fleshed out as much as they could have and were just thrown into sexual/romantic situations most of the time.

Then the changing focus on diff chars in different episodes, towards end I genuinely forgot about Hanabe and she was supposed to be the MC. If you have forgettable characters then you can't actually forget about them for episodes!

Soundtrack was good though best positive. Overall I'd give this 4/10. The ending kinda makes the whole show feel pointless for everyone apart from Akane.

Back