Your viewing journal

I keep meaning to ask if you use MyAnimeList, Arveene. :)
I do, but it's mainly for my own recording purposes and thus isn't particularly legible (and some of the stuff on the profile may be out of date) :p

...and, um, I'm sorry for the stuff on there that clearly shows "sailing the seven seas" as it were. I'm not a particularly good person in that regard :(

PERSONA5 The Animation: Stars and Ours (Japanese audio) - Special

Well this anime was a trainwreck, but they tried at the very least. The main issues with the anime adaptation were two things - pacing and animation. Everything else I felt was pretty good, but because of those two issues it prevented the adaptation from being really great. I feel that the next time we get either a Shin Megami Tensei or Persona anime it has to be one of two things - adapted in 2D by the same team who worked on the games such as Production I.G or Sunrise, or just go straight to 3DCG with either Orange or Polygon Pictures. I mention CG because the CG in the games were pretty cool in my opinion (especially the cel-shaded style of the PS2 Shin Megami Tensei games - Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga).

Overall PERSONA5 The Animation does an alright job, but it could have been much better if they added at least 12 more episodes to add better pacing. It's fine to cut the fat on the dungeons like with this special, but it needs more time developing the characters and story segments.

The Magnificent Kotobuki ep 11
Hurray, Isao is responsible for all the woes in the world! I mean, it's not that surprising really. I kinda agreed with Kirie at the start of the ep when she basically said "so what exactly is the point of all this?" but now they all have plenty of reasons. Even if that was a bit forced. Looks like it's gearing up for a big finale at any rate.

Manaria Friends ep 10
Overall this series gets a 3/10. It was going to be a 2/10 for around the first 5 or 6 episodes, but the last few have actually been half decent. Not great, but eh. This one was looking decent enough too. Then Anne had to do something weird in the very last scene. Sigh.

Hakumei and Mikochi (English Dub) Episode 1
This is pretty decent stuff so far, I'm definitely looking forward to watching the rest of it.

Megalo Box (English Dub) Episode 13 (Complete)

How Clumsy you are, Miss Ueno Episode 12 (Complete)
A fun and whacky series with a fun cast of characters. The show itself had plenty to offer comedy wise especially with the MC's bizarre and random skits and other shenanigans. The art and animation is different from the norm but IMO actually works well when it comes to the comedy aspects. 3.5/5

Mysteria Friends Episode 10 (Complete)
This was an OK show, but a decent enough weekly watch. 2.5/5

The Magnificent Kotobuki Episode 11
Lots of action this ep with an all out aerial dog fight.

2019-03-24_4.png

Domestic Girlfriend (Japanese audio) - Episodes 6-8

Kaguya-Sama: Love is War eps 1-3
Quite amusing, nothing LOL at the moment though. It also has some sweet moments.
The one problem I have is the voice over talks quickly and there's also text on the screen so I end up pausing to read it all which obviously breaks the flow.

Captain Marvel (at the cinema)
Standard Marvel origins film. Has a pretty good twist if you go in completely blind, although the reveal comes about halfway where the pace slows right down. First and third acts has some good action.

Last edited:
Kaguya-Sama: Love Is War Episode 11
Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 23
Mysteria Friends Episode 10 (I somehow did Episode 10 last week... that was actually 9, oops)... also Waaaahhhhhh... the season has ended. T___T
How clumsy you are, Miss Ueno Episode 12
Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka Episode 11

/umiko

Fairy Tail Ep 70-83

Mysteria Friends Ep 10 (complete)
Can't believe they're not gonna show us them as roomies.
Overall, pretty show. No real plot to it but enjoyable nonetheless. I'm kinda sad there'll be no more.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 99 The birds and the curse marks.

How Clumsy you are, Miss Ueno episode 12 (Complete. Very silly and very lewd but inventive and humorous enough to be a good series. It isn’t a series with much rewatchability though once you know the setups.) 3.5/5

Mysteria Friends episode 10 (Complete. A lightweight series with some nice atmosphere here and there that made it a fine but ultimately average watch.) 3/5

The Magnificent Kotobuki episode 11 The CGI may not work that well for the characters but the dogfights and air battles certainly look good.

Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- episodes 1-25 (Complete. A Groundhog Day style Isekai with a generous dosage of suffering. The mechanic of going back to a certain respawn point after dying in various ways was a well-executed plot device.

I found Re:ZERO to fairly strong throughout asides from episodes 12-14, which I considered a low point due to the drama feeling contrived and the Royal Selection subplot being less engaging than Subaru’s relentless cycle of resets and defeating Betelgeuse. Despite this I’m looking forward to season 2 now it’s been announced.) 4/5

Darling in the Franxx ep 9
Free!-Dive to the Future- ep 9-12 [END]

It sure was a weak ending, top it all with some boring character arcs... worse free so far. 4/10

Kaguya-Sama: Love is War eps 4-6
Definitely upped the laughs. Episode 4 was brilliant. Think I've found my best new girl winner for this season in Chika, although Anzu Ai could be a contender.

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime ep 24.5
Did they just make the last episode a recap-ish episode? Honestly I'm amused more than anything. That said, Veldora was quite entertaining. And we got some insight into Ifrit.
Overall the series gets a 7/10, although it might be more of a 6.5. No complaints with the art or animation, and the only real problem with the story was how it went a bit ehh in the second half. But that was basically true of the light novels as well - minus some missing details, it's true to the source. So I don't know if I can really criticise it too much on that front. And even the latter half was still quite entertaining.

Back