Your viewing journal

Hinomaru Sumo episode 20

Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai episodes 12-13 (Complete)

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime episode 21

The Quintessential Quintuplets episode 8

SAO: Alicization ep 22
About 5 minutes of action and 15 minutes of standing around talking. The bit where they were the talking to the big bad was kinda interesting, but the bits where they were talking amongst themselves are weird. I've seen it a few times in different shows, the good guys stand there talking to themselves when the big bad is still alive/not captured! Why are the BB just standing there twiddling their thumbs instead of trying to kill their enemy like they were just moments ago!?

Girly Air Force ep 11
The mission starts, but there are unforseen enemy tactics. Rihno is definitely acting suspiciously, but it wasn't her who suggested finding an airport in China to land at.

Mob Psycho 100 s2 e11
Epic battle, but they are trying to save their city right? They did so much damage in the duration!
Honestly though the guy is blind and did not see him coming, does that count as self defence, like, at all?
The voice over say he shouts it just in case. I think as the bloke he's punching is a bad guy it's fine. Also he wasn't blind, he couldn't detect Reigens psycho power, because he has none !

Alita: Battle Angel (live action at the cinema)

Girly Air Force ep 11
Well, that wasn't quite what I expected. Did a good job of it though, very suspenseful and the use of the OST was good. Even approached properly scary.

The Quintessential Quintuplets ep 11
Lots of good single shots this ep. Really quite beautiful at times.

The voice over say he shouts it just in case. I think as the bloke he's punching is a bad guy it's fine. Also he wasn't blind, he couldn't detect Reigens psycho power, because he has none !
It's in another episode, he is completely blind apart from his psychic ability to detect movement, he just focused it on psychics when Reigen turned up, I know I know bad guy, but self defence infers that someone, the self, is being attacked at a point he didn't see him at all

Alita: Battle Angel (live action at the cinema)
I've forgotten to say how great this one was, wouldn't say it changes the movie industry but there's hope for more things to be adapted well, not just more manga but stuff like books, less popular and sometimes wonkily adapted stuff

Last edited:
It's in another episode, he is completely blind apart from his psychic ability to detect movement, he just focused it on psychics when Reigen turned up, I know I know bad guy, but self defence infers that someone, the self, is being attacked at a point he didn't see him at all
Ah that's me not paying attention. You might need to edit my quote in your post to put it back under the spoiler blur.

I've forgotten to say how great this one was, wouldn't say it changes the movie industry but there's hope for more things to be adapted well, not just more manga but stuff like books, less popular and sometimes wonkily adapted stuff
It was pretty damn good, but a few bits that prevented a higher score, see the "Last Film Your Saw" thread.
I'm guessing there's plenty more to come. There were 6 trailers and all were comic book movies! So once those stories start to run out, mangas/anime will be next.

The Promised Neverland (Japanese audio) - Episode 11
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime (Japanese audio) - Episodes 13-14
The Quintessential Quintuplets (Japanese audio) - Episode 11

2019-03-21_87.png
2019-03-21_108.png

2019-03-21_88.png

2019-03-21_103.png

2019-03-21_104.png

Girly Air Force episode 11 If that ending implies what I think it implies then I hope the series doesn’t sink under a trope I hate...

The Promised Neverland episode 11 Ray fancies himself a Crazy World of Arthur Brown tribute act.

Patlabor: The New Files episodes 6-16 (Complete. This series focuses more on the off-the-Wall humour than the prior run of episodes but was still decent enough. Kind of a shame I’ve finished the collection now as Patlabor is a very enjoyable franchise.) 3.5/5

Photo Kano episodes 1-13 (Complete. A romance comedy that spends four or so episodes establishing the cast before dedicating an episode or two to each pairing with the MC, who sort of looks like Shinji Ikari...if he took photos of potential love interests instead of having existential crisis’ involving large robots and whatever the f*ck EoE was.

This was very by-the-numbers in its execution, from the often ecchi-laden humour to the characters and their relationship development/drama. It did have its moments however and was an alright watch overall. Photo kano falls squarely in the “fine” category.) 3/5

Symphogear G episodes 9-13 [End] - Hibiki really is on the way to becoming one of my favourite protagonists. Another great season. 8/10
Screenshot_20190321-144259_Crunchyroll.jpgScreenshot_20190321-144309_Crunchyroll.jpgScreenshot_20190321-144314_Crunchyroll.jpg
Yurikuma Arashi episodes 1-4 - I've only watched 4 episodes so far but it's clear how much director Kunihiko Ikuhara has influenced Tomohiro Furukawa (director of Revue Starlight). The art direction has been amazing so far and is abstract enough to keep me interested.

The Quintessential Quintuplets episode 11 - This was quite a different art direction compared to the usual episodes. Lots of interesting shots.

BanG Dream Season 2 episode 12

A Certain Magical Index (English Dub) Episode 21

The Quintessential Quintuplets (English Dub) Episode 8

The Rising of the Shield Hero (English Dub) Episode 11
A solid episode. Some decent fights and once again Naofumi proving why he is the only real hero out of the four. I really wish that Motoyasu would just drop the attitude already because it's just downright annoying now.

Dimension High School Episode 11

Fight League: Gear Gadget Generators Episode 6
Team boltechs get taught a harsh lesson.

Girly Air Force Episode 11
I seriously hope that ending isn't implying what I'm thinking it is, if so then... Ughhh.

Kakegurui×× Episode 11
Decent episode overall, but it did feel a bit lackluster when it came to this weeks gamble IMO. And to no surprise Yumeko always seems to find a way to irk her opponents.

The Promised Neverland Episode 11
That was certainly one way to "Go out In a Blaze of Glory" quite "literally".

The Quintessential Quintuplets Episode 11
Quite the surprise with the improvement and difference in animation compared to the previous episodes. It's going to be interesting to see how everything plays out in the end.

Black Clover episode 72.
The Quintessential Quintuplets episode 11
Kaguya sama: Love is War episode 10
Boruto episode 98
Katana Maidens mini series episode 10
The Promised Neverland episode 11

Date A Live ep 11
And so the most fraught arc yet ends. Pretty well, really. I'm interested to see episode 12.
Screen Shot 03-22-19 at 03.56 PM.PNG

A Certain Magical Index ep 24
That was pretty epic. Even if half of it is hard to follow.
Screen Shot 03-22-19 at 04.39 PM 001.PNG

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind ep 23
I have nothing interesting to say about this episode. It's just standard Jojo.

Spec-ops Asuka ep 11
The best thing I can say about this ep is that it was completely predictable. It also leaves the last episode as likely just some fluff. Which feels kinda pointless. Also, why did they even bother including the 5th magical girl in the OP/ED when she's going to get a bit-part role in the final episode, at best?

Back