Your viewing journal

I was under the assumption that each short included the themes of love, death and robots, when it turns out that was not the case
I thought that as well and the first one sort of had all 3, but as it progressed I was like OK not all of them will have all 3, and now I think about it only a handful had some form of love (or lust really), a lot had robots (or mechanical things) in them and the vast majority had death in them.
So yeah a little bit misleading, but I can't say any of them were bad, so definitely worth watching.

I thought that as well and the first one sort of had all 3, but as it progressed I was like OK not all of them will have all 3, and now I think about it only a handful had some form of love (or lust really), a lot had robots (or mechanical things) in them and the vast majority had death in them.
So yeah a little bit misleading, but I can't say any of them were bad, so definitely worth watching.
Yeah. Looking around I realised Beyond the Aquila Rift technically feels like a version of Saya no Uta.

Yeah. Looking around I realised Beyond the Aquila Rift technically feels like a version of Saya no Uta.
I just read part of the plot of that on Wikipedia, does sound very similar. Apparently it's getting a live action adaptation!
Aquila is definitely one of the shorts that maybe could be expanded into something bigger.

Kemono Friends s2 e9
The Friend who was searching for Kyururu is revealed, but isn't quite what you expected.

WATATEN! ep 10
I'm not sure which "relationship" is creepier Miyako and Hana or Kouko and Miyako. At least the former has some sweet (or should that "sweets") moments.

Ekoda-chan ep 10
Well that was bizarre even for this show. 3D scanned faces on top of tiny marionettes singing a weird song! Interesting to see a different type of animation (it's the only episode where I've watched the whole interview part), but it doesn't really have the charm of some of the other episodes.

Mob Psycho 100 s2 e10
I got the feeling that everything was sort of on hold until Mob woke up. Lots of action, but the good guys nearly all lost!

The Quintessential Quintuplets ep 10
Test of courage and Uesugi seems to have put his foot in it with all 5 of them!

Hinomaru Sumo ep 22
2 more bouts in the nationals final. It's obviously going to go down to the last bout.

Bermuda Triangle: Colourful Pastrale episode 10 What they wanted to film.

ENDRO! episode 10 A pretty chill episode.

Fairy Tail: Final Season episode 300 Hide your Spartans.

Grimms Notes: The Animation episode 10 Orchestral Manouvres in the Dark would approve of this week’s offerings.

Kaguya-Sama: Love is War episode 10 Having your cake and eating it too.

Mobile Suit Gundam III: Encounters in Space (Film) The strongest of the three compilation films, this manages to encapsulate the climax of the story that started it all with a worthy final battle. 3.5/5

Doctor Who: Full Circle I quite enjoyed this story and found its themes impressive. There’s some great scenes in here such as the Marshmen emerging from the swamps and the Doctor angrily dismissing the societal leaders who attempt to perform a cruel biopsy of a young Marshman. The only real flaw is the gaggle of teen characters who provide some awkward dialogue and scenes. 4/5

I’m one of those Who fans that doesn’t mind Adric, plus the Weekend with Waterhouse documentary was really fun, and gave a real insight behind the actor who portrayed him.

Kaguya-Sama: Love is War episode 10
Sword Art Online: Alicization episode 22
One Piece episode 712-713
Hinomatuzumou episode 21-22
Run with the Wind episode 20-21

Last edited:
Symphogear episodes 9-13 [End] - Really love how much of a stupid fun show this is. Absolutely owns it's ridiculous setup and the characters really make this show fun to watch. Really interested in the next few seasons now. 8/10

Kaguya-Sama: Love is War episode 10

BanG Dream Season 2 episode 11 - We got a case of the feels here lads

3D Kanojo: Real Girl 2nd Season (English Dub) Episode 4—6 [16—18]

Just Because! (English Dub) Episode 3—12 (Complete)
A very good romance drama series with some decent animation a likeable cast of characters. The series itself did have its moments throughout, but overall it was an enjoyable watch despite the cliche story premise and ending. 3.5/5

Bermuda Triangle: Colorful Pastrale Episode 10
OK... lets be frank here, that opening scene made no sense what so ever, considering what they're surrounded by. On another note... Let's make a Movie.

Endro! Episode 10
Well that could've ended a whole lot differently.

Grimms Notes The Animation Episode 10
They're finally tackling some French folklore.

Kaguya-Sama: Love is War Episode 10
A food fight... well so of. Some advise for clearing up a misunderstanding and making plans for the summer holiday's.

Katana Maidens: Mini Toji Episode 10 (Complete)
Festival time part 2. An average series of shorts at best but nothing to spectacular. 2.5/5

Sword Art Online Alicization Episode 22
A solid episode. Looks like the fight is about to get ramped up. Nice to see the Black Swordsman Form again.

W'z Episode 11

Symphogear episodes 9-13 [End] - Really love how much of a stupid fun show this is. Absolutely owns it's ridiculous setup and the characters really make this show fun to watch. Really interested in the next few seasons now. 8/10
Symphogear has no right to be as good as it is, but it just feels no shame in it's complete OTT-ness and is completely awesome as a result.

Also, Hibiki is definitely among my favourite anime protagonists ever.

Endro episode 10
Kaguyu-sama episode 10
Magical Girl SpecOps Asuka episode 10
The Price of Smiles episode 11

With things wrapping up over the next couple of weeks I might make a start on Sword Art Online Alicitization. Hmmm... Just popped in my head as I'm writing this, but I wonder if there's anything called Sword Art Online Solicitation? Well I'm not checking anyway.

Last edited:
Spec-ops Asuka ep 10
This was actually a decent episode apart from that rather unnecessary part with the goblins. At least it was a very minor thing that was in no way expanded on. But that just made it feel even more unnecessary... Well, they certainly got the desperate feeling of the battle down at any rate.
Screen Shot 03-15-19 at 10.52 PM.PNG
Screen Shot 03-15-19 at 10.52 PM 001.PNG

SAO: Alicization ep 22
The thing about SAO is that the adaptation tends to gloss over a lot of the inner happenings of the characters. Particularly Kirito. In the LN there's a ton of stuff going through his head preceding the actualization of the "Black Swordsman" persona, but in the anime it's just a thing that happens. While I'm not going to say the LN is always well-written it does at least make Kirito feel a bit less of a ridiculous OP protag because we get his internal struggles too. All that said, this was a good episode in a lot of ways. And sets the scene very well for the upcoming clash. Also, CHARLOTTE'S DEATH MADE ME FAR TOO EMOTIONAL D:

Kaguya-sama ep 8-10
Not sure why I let this fall behind... these were good eps. Fujiwara continues to make this show half the time.
Screen Shot 03-17-19 at 01.43 PM.PNG

Bermuda Triangle ep 10
I'm surprised it took them this long to actually make a movie. But yeah, standard stuff, but pleasant.

Endro ep 10
I'm kinda torn between happiness that we got to see Seira being badass when she's most often the butt of the jokes and annoyance that it was the typical breast size complex gag that allowed her to do so. Oh well.

The Magnificent Kotobuki ep 10
Hurray, an answer regarding that one plane that Kirie seems to have a rivalry with! And one that has basically nothing to do with the plot. Doh. While I feel the telling of this story could have been better at points it's still interesting and building up to a good crescendo now.

Endro! (English Dub) Episode 7

Megalo Box (English Dub) Episode 12

Radiant (English Dub) Episode 20

Sword Art Online Alicization (English Dub) Episode 6

Fairy Tail Episode 300
Having to quite "literally" face your past.

How Clumsy you are, Miss Ueno Episode 11
Well that took the verbal term of "Drop Your Ass" to a new level. Amusing second half debate but no matter how you look at it those are still underwear in some regard.

Mysteria Friends Episode 9
WOW... that has got to the mother of all misunderstanding's, especially for Hanna to come to that conclusion. AWKWARD!

The Magnificent Kotobuki Episode 10
Another high flying and intense aerial dogfight. Finally... the real identity of the mystery pilot of the plane that Kylie seemingly has a rivalry with is revealed.

Back