Your viewing journal

The Quintessential Quintuplets (Japanese audio) - Episode 10

2019-03-14_9.png

Another_-_Hhnngg.gif

Girly Air Force episode 10 Prepping for a major battle.

The Promised Neverland episode 10 Despair and determination.

Miss Hokusai (Film) An episodic sort of film which had some very pleasing visuals and told some decent stories but left very little lasting effect on me. A shame really as the CE is very impressive. Maybe I’ll appreciate it more with a rewatch. 3/5

Mobile Suit Gundam I (Film) This film did a solid job of condensing the first 13 or so episodes of the series into a film without it feeling too crammed or rushed. The reanimated scenes were a nice touch as well. 3.5/5

A Certain Magical Index (English Dub) Episode 20

The Quintessential Quintuplets (English Dub) Episode 7

Dimension High School Episode 10
Well this certainly took an interesting turn of events.

Fight League: Gear Gadget Generators Episode 5

Girly Air Force Episode 10
Making preparations for the upcoming mission. IMO I still don't trust Rhino, she's way to shifty and it almost appears as if she's hiding something. Is it just me or did that ending not just start screaming "Death Flag".

Kakegurui×× Episode 10
I'm not even the least bit surprised that Yumeko made that look so simple.

The Promised Neverland Episode 10
The never ending despair continues.

The Quintessential Quintuplets Episode 10
School trip shenanigans and some serious talks for all.

The Quintessential Quintuplets episode 10
Girly Air Force episode 10
The Promised Neverland episode 10
This was the first episode that I actually enjoyed - and didn't make me feel overly weird about the stupidly high position of their mouths. Usually I only watch it because I want to see how it ends and there's nothing else I watch on a Thursday.
Kaguya-Sama: Love is War episodes 2-5

Latest dubbed episodes of:
Quintessential
Fairy Tail
Room mate is a cat
Boogiepop tonight.

Small season. Plan to binge Radiant cour when the dubbed eps finish think I stopped at 10.

Finished Just becuase:
Alright, didn't like the ending tbh worst girl won /;

The Quintessential Quintuplets ep 10
Yay, lots of Nino this ep! Things are building up. Art and animation continues to be good. Yeah, all's well.

Date A Live S3 ep 10
Mysteries abound. I've actually kinda forgotten how things fit together, so this is nice to see. And I'm a big fan of more Kurumi. Also long-haired Origami is a thing.
Screen Shot 03-15-19 at 08.01 PM.PNG

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind ep 23
Alright, this ep kinda annoyed me. They're a close team and yet they don't catch on to what's happening with Narancia? And Giorno, the new guy, does? It just reeks of "oh look the protagonist is awesome everyone else is dumb lol". Frustrating.

A Certain Magical Index S3 ep 23
Bleh, the animation wasn't great. Particularly for the fights. Which is a shame because there are some good points in this ep. The Archangel is suitably inhuman and creepy, in particular.
Screen Shot 03-15-19 at 08.53 PM.PNG

A Certain Magical Index III episode 23 Some decent fights let down by the animation somewhat.

Boogiepop and Others episode 16 The titular title character gets a lot of screentime this week.

Date A Live III episode 10 Can they keep this Origami instead of the edgy one?

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure Part 5: Golden Wind episode 22 Taking the p*ss but no longer waking up feeling so horny.

Doctor Who: The Leisure Hive Visually impressive and inventive in its ideas, this was an intriguing start to the season, though the ending was rather abrupt and the beginning, though wonderfully shot, only really served to incapacitate K9 for the duration of the story. 4/5

Doctor Who: Meglos Barmy and daft (it is a story about an intergalactic cactus that steals the Doctor’s identity) but a lot of fun despite its flaws. Seeing Jacqueline Hill appear again in the Series was nice as well. 3.5/5

Mobile Suit Gundam II: Soldiers of Sorrow (Film) This film suffers from having to trim down more content to fit the runtime and certain scenarios feel less impactful as a result (I.e. Amuro’s desertion, a certain characters death) It was still a decent watch though as a condensed version of the story. 3.5/5

Love, Death + Robots (Netflix)
An anthology of 18 animated shorts.
1. Sonnie's Edge
A cyberpunk story about people fighting with beasts that are controlled by mindlink. Pretty damn cool, with almost photo realistic CGI.

2. Three Robots
An amusing tour around a post-apocalyptic city.

3. The Witness
A surreal chase sequence. It looks like it was live action with animation on top.

4. Suits
The pests these farmers have to face have a bit of a bite to them. The style reminded me of a cartoony game (like Fortnite) cut scene.

5. Sucker of Souls
Those pesky archaeologists always digging up ancient demons. Horror with some dark humour in the first traditional 2D animation of the anthology so far.

6. When the Yogurt Took Over
Yogurt to be joking! Quite amusing, the shortest of the bunch at 6 mins.

7. Beyond the Aquila Rift
Another almost photo realistic CGI one. Sci-fi story about a wrong turn in space and trying to figure out what's happened.

8. Good Hunting
Follows the son of a demon hunter in China/Hong-Kong as magic dies and is replaced by steam punk! Probably the closest to anime (may even be by MAL standards as they have Chinese made stuff in their database and this is made by a South Korean company). Animation is a little off sometimes, but the story is pretty damn cool.
Beware the thumbnail used maybe spoilerific.

9. The Dump
The stig's got a pet.

10. Shape-Shifters
Dog soldiers, literally. Another nearly photo realistic CGI one. Has a pretty epic fight scene.

11. Helping Hand
Same style again. Played out like a more gruesome version of PlanetES.

12. Fish Night
Ghosts in the night. Looked like a Telltale Games game. The latter half also looked stunning.

13. Lucky 13
This ship has "character". More CGI, has some good action scenes.

14. Zima Blue
Searching for ones truth. Interesting style, with a even more interesting take on body proportions!

15. Blindspot
A daring heist. Hard to say on the style, CG but more cartoony (maybe a bit like Borderlands, but not that cartoony).

16. Ice Age
Super quick evolution. This one is live action with proper photo realistic CGI.

17. Alternate Histories
Killing Hitler again and again and again! Quite an amusing one.

18. Secret War
Whilst the main force of the Russian army try to hold off Germany a group of soldiers must try to find and destroy a possibly greater threat. Another CGI one, looked like an extended cut scene from a modern game setting up the story.

An interesting mix of stories. Quite a lot of violence and black humour in most, but some lighter humour in others. A fair bit of nudity in a handful as well.
I would say my favourite 3 are Sonnie's Edge, Sucker of Souls and Good Hunting.

Date A Live III (English Dub) Episode 8

Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka (English Dub) Episode 8

A Certain Magical Index III Episode 23
Really good fights, just a shame about the animation.

Boogiepop and Others Episode 16
A decent episode. With everything that has happened up to this point, it's going to be interesting to see how it's all going to be sorted out in the end.

Date A Live III Episode 10
OK... not going to lie, this version of Origami is much more likeable. At least we got more Kurumi this ep.

Domestic Girlfriend Episode 10
Oh Natsuo... you really are an idiot for making your family worry. At least he got what was coming to him, even if it was slightly OTT.

On a side note... I found this interesting article in regards to Dome x Kano. ---> TVアニメ本編映像 袋とじver.付き ドメスティックな彼女第22巻 特装版 「追加映像は夏生と瑠衣ちゃんとの初体験エッチシーン!処◯膜喪失のアノ場面がぁあああ♪」レビュー・感想 : ヲタブロ 

Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka Episode 10
The fighting continues.

The Price of Smiles Episode 11

Love, Death + Robots (Netflix)
An anthology of 18 animated shorts.
1. Sonnie's Edge
A cyberpunk story about people fighting with beasts that are controlled by mindlink. Pretty damn cool, with almost photo realistic CGI.

2. Three Robots
An amusing tour around a post-apocalyptic city.

3. The Witness
A surreal chase sequence. It looks like it was live action with animation on top.

4. Suits
The pests these farmers have to face have a bit of a bite to them. The style reminded me of a cartoony game (like Fortnite) cut scene.

5. Sucker of Souls
Those pesky archaeologists always digging up ancient demons. Horror with some dark humour in the first traditional 2D animation of the anthology so far.

6. When the Yogurt Took Over
Yogurt to be joking! Quite amusing, the shortest of the bunch at 6 mins.

7. Beyond the Aquila Rift
Another almost photo realistic CGI one. Sci-fi story about a wrong turn in space and trying to figure out what's happened.

8. Good Hunting
Follows the son of a demon hunter in China/Hong-Kong as magic dies and is replaced by steam punk! Probably the closest to anime (may even be by MAL standards as they have Chinese made stuff in their database and this is made by a South Korean company). Animation is a little off sometimes, but the story is pretty damn cool.
Beware the thumbnail used maybe spoilerific.

9. The Dump
The stig's got a pet.

10. Shape-Shifters
Dog soldiers, literally. Another nearly photo realistic CGI one. Has a pretty epic fight scene.

11. Helping Hand
Same style again. Played out like a more gruesome version of PlanetES.

12. Fish Night
Ghosts in the night. Looked like a Telltale Games game. The latter half also looked stunning.

13. Lucky 13
This ship has "character". More CGI, has some good action scenes.

14. Zima Blue
Searching for ones truth. Interesting style, with a even more interesting take on body proportions!

15. Blindspot
A daring heist. Hard to say on the style, CG but more cartoony (maybe a bit like Borderlands, but not that cartoony).

16. Ice Age
Super quick evolution. This one is live action with proper photo realistic CGI.

17. Alternate Histories
Killing Hitler again and again and again! Quite an amusing one.

18. Secret War
Whilst the main force of the Russian army try to hold off Germany a group of soldiers must try to find and destroy a possibly greater threat. Another CGI one, looked like an extended cut scene from a modern game setting up the story.

An interesting mix of stories. Quite a lot of violence and black humour in most, but some lighter humour in others. A fair bit of nudity in a handful as well.
I would say my favourite 3 are Sonnie's Edge, Sucker of Souls and Good Hunting.
I also watched all 18 episodes of Love, Death + Robots yesterday. They were a good mix of stories. I found the animation for a select bunch to be very video-gamey but it turns out they were actually done by the same animation CG teams who worked on a number of video game projects. I do think the marketing could have made it a bit clearer on how the shorts are laid out because I was under the assumption that each short included the themes of love, death and robots, when it turns out that was not the case - which did confuse my expectations a fair bit. Never the less, my favourite of the bunch is 'Good Hunting' but I also really enjoyed 'Beyond the Aquila Rift' and 'Zima Blue'. 'Three Robots' and 'Blindspot' were good fun too.

Date-A-Live III episode 10
Domestic Girlfriend episode 10
A Certain Magical Index III episode 23
Kaguyu-sama: Love is War episodes 3-8

Back