Your viewing journal

Date A Live III (English Dub) Episode 7

Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka (English Dub) Episode 7

The Quintessential Quintuplets (English Dub) Episode 6

A Certain Magical Index III Episode 22
Hmm, the pacing feels far to slow this ep.

Boogiepop and Others Episode 15
A giant lizard tearing a city apart, Wait... haven't we seen that somewhere before.

Date A Live III Episode 9
At last the Phantom spirit's real identity is finally revealed.

Domestic Girlfriend Episode 9
Well now Rui, with that valuable info in hand... What's your next move going to be?

Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka Episode 9
So much for the peaceful fun in the Okinawan sun.

The Price of Smiles Episode 10

Wataten ep 9
No, Noa, going to see a movie with Hinata is not a date. You are in elementary school. Sigh. Well, I guess it sort of works as a precocious kid trying to be more of an adult than she is. And the rest of the episode could have been genuinely wholesome and cute but for the occasional odd Miyako comments. More sighs.

Kemurikusa ep 9
The other sisters appearing became so obvious as soon as Wakaba was going to wander off for a bit. Still worked decently though. This was a bit of an infodump and downtime episode really, but it still worked reasonably well. And raised some serious questions about what exactly the sisters are. Also Ryoku's comment about someone creating the world... lots of interesting stuff to explore.

Little Witch Academia eps 11-15
The overall plot is taking over.

The Red Turtle
Very well made and all, but boy it was dull (and a bit silly, a dead turtle he killed turns into a woman and they have a kid!)
6/10

Girly Air Force ep 9
Lots of interesting things going on here. Confirms again that Yashirodoori is a cool character, and various hints and overall plot movements. And I like Rhino, her character has an interesting feel to it with some potential hidden depths.

Date A Live ep 9
Kurumi episodes. Screwing around with time. What isn't there to like? No seriously, this show has no right to be so enjoyable. It's not really much more than a fantastical harem. So why do I love it so much?
Screen Shot 03-09-19 at 09.39 PM.PNG
Screen Shot 03-09-19 at 09.39 PM 001.PNG
Screen Shot 03-09-19 at 09.40 PM.PNG
The sections where Shidou and Kurumi work together (i.e. this arc, and the inverse Tohka bit) are possibly my favourites in the whole show. Kurumi is awesome because she's not just a simple "falls for the protag and has all her issues solved" character, she's got actual goals and motivations. Sure, she's a mass murderer, but... :p
Screen Shot 03-09-19 at 09.40 PM 001.PNG
Screen Shot 03-09-19 at 09.40 PM 002.PNG
Also, chuuni Kurumi is amusing :D

Psychic School Wars (Japanese audio) - Film

Current backlog for the disc titles:
-- Movies (11) --
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion I: Initiation
Fireworks
Ghost in the Shell ARISE: border 1 - Ghost Pain
Ghost in the Shell ARISE: border 2 - Ghost Whispers
Ghost in the Shell ARISE: border 3 - Ghost Tears
Ghost in the Shell ARISE: border 4 - Ghost Stand Alone
A Letter to Momo
Napping Princess
The Night is Short, Walk on Girl
No Game No Life Zero
Princess Arete

-- TV Series (20)--
The Asterisk War
Claymore
Daimidaler: Prince vs Penguin Empire
Drifters
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo
GATE (Season 2)
Gundam Reconguista in G
Higurashi: When They Cry
Higurashi: When They Cry Kai
Higurashi: When They Cry Rei
In Another World With My Smartphone
Lord Marksman and Vanadis
Love Live! Sunshine!!
Maoyu
Ouran High School Host Club
SHIMONETA: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn't Exist
Snow White with the Red Hair
The Testament of Sister New Devil
The Testament of Sister New Devil BURST

Valvrave the Liberator

Fairy Tail Ep 1-11
I've started a monster, but it had to happen at some point! (Erza is an instant fav)
Everyone's so dumb though I love it so far.

Bermuda Triangle: Colourful Pastrale episode 9 Making a film beneath the sea.

ENDRO! episode 9 Adorably derpy beings.

Fairy Tail: Final Season episode 299 “Love is stronger than magic” pretty much sums up how half the fights in FT seem to be won.

Grimms Notes: The Animation episode 9 You know what this story needed? A CGI Genie played by Will Smith.

Kaguya-Sama: Love is War episode 9 Rain and cards, as well as a difficult situation to explain.

K-ON!! (Rewatch) episodes 13-14, OVA, 15-19

Bermuda Triangle: Colorful Pastrale Episode 9
Caro gets her chance in the spotlight.

Endro! Episode 9
Gonna find that legendary cartado card.

Fairy Tail Episode 299

gen:LOCK Episode 8

Grimms Notes The Animation Episode 9
They're finally takling a tale from the Arabian Nights.

Kaguya-Sama: Love is War Episode 9
First half was pretty decent, Fujiwara "literally" got caught with hand in the cookie jar. Second half though was amusing, especially with the entire home visit segment.

Katana Maidens: Mini Toji Episode 9
Festival fun.

Sword Art Online Alicization Episode 21
Another solid episode with a new OP. The entire fight though was good, but it did feel a bit Bleach-esc. Honestly... that minister, just how much of a f*****g sleazeball can he be.

W'z Episode 10

Spec-Ops Asuka ep 9
The tonal whiplash of this episode is strong, even more so if you compare it to the last one. The sections with Tamara and her plushy and the non-serious Tabira bits in particular. Really doesn't make for the best viewing.
Screen Shot 03-10-19 at 11.41 AM.PNG

Bermuda Triangle ep 9
Yay, Caro-chan ep!
Screen Shot 03-10-19 at 01.21 PM.PNG

SAO: Alicization ep 21
Damit, at least in the light novels the fact that Administrator was naked the entire time was something you could sort of forget. It just makes most of her scenes feel slightly awkward in the anime. Oh well, at least there was a decent fight scene in this ep.
While I do appreciate updated OPs, I'm surprised by how much they're spoiling in the new OP animation to be honest. One of the biggest twists is right there, particularly when taking into account the title of the next ep.

Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka episode 9
Date-A-Live III episode 9
A Certain Magical Index III episode 21
Boogiepop & Others episode 14
The Price of Smiles episode 10
Endro! episode 9

The Magnificent Kotobuki ep 9
I feel like a lot happened in this episode and I didn't understand all of it. Just a vague sense of advancing evil plans and the "good guys" getting pushed back. And some soul-searching.
Not that it was a bad episode. I'm just dumb sometimes.
Screen Shot 03-10-19 at 07.16 PM.PNG

Manaria Friends ep 8
The early episodes kinda tainted this show a bit for me. This episode was half decent but I still found myself instinctively disliking it.

Endro! (English Dub) Episode 6

Megalo Box (English Dub) Episode 11

Radiant (English Dub) Episode 19

Sword Art Online Alicization (English Dub) Episode 5

How Clumsy you are, Miss Ueno Episode 10
Train antics and some rather hairy but personal and sensitive girl talk.

Mysteria Friends Episode 8
Let's put on a Play!

The Magnificent Kotobuki Episode 9
A day off and another aerial dogfight.

Last night
Super Dimension Fortress Macross episodes 31-36 [End] - I'm kinda surprised at how much I like this. I guess the best way of describing it would be genuine as it definitely felt like series creator Shoji Kawamori was really invested in this story. The series was just so fun with a ridiculous but hopeful story, well timed comedy, a memorable cast of characters and some unexpected twists along the way. Animation wise it's definitely a series of it's time but it still holds up well enough. The music was also key with a memorable soundtrack and insert songs. Though the series may have lost steam past episode 27 it was still good to see character arcs resolved nicely. 8/10
I now have 37 years worth of Macross to get through so this should be a long ride.

Macross: Do You Remember Love? [Film] - A reinterpretation of the first 27 episodes. While the story lacks a lot of the charm of the original it makes up for it with the higher quality animation and art design. The scene featuring the titular song is definitely one of my favourite moments in the series thus far. It's definitely a case of the film doing certain aspects better while faltering at others. 8/10
Super Dimension Fortress Macross
Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Do You Remember Love?
Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Flash Back 2012​
Macross Plus​
Macross Plus Movie Edition​
Macross 7​
Macross 7 The Movie: The Galaxy is Calling Me!​
Macross 7: Encore​
Macross Dynamite 7​
Macross Zero​
Macross Frontier​
Macross Frontier Movie: The False Songstress​
Macross Frontier Movie: The Wings of Goodbye​
Macross FB7 Galaxy Flow Soul: Listen to My Song!​
Macross Delta​
Macross Delta Movie: Passionate Walküre​

Today
Kaguya-Sama: Love is War episode 9

Last edited:
Gangsta 1-7
Still moving through my Mystery boxes. This is another great one I think I will hang onto.

Fate/Stay night UBW 0-4
Confession I haven't watched this version yet. I watched the DEEN one and played the VN but I am enjoying this adaptation alot.

Last edited:
Back