Your viewing journal

Nurse Witch Komugi R 1-12 complete. I have taken to marathoning full shows from my christmas buys while I am on holiday. Anyway this was disapointing, it did not meet expectations set by the original show.

Banana Fish (Japanese audio) - Episodes 11-13
BEATLESS FINAL STAGE (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-4 (Complete)
Boogiepop and Others (Japanese audio) - Episode 3
Fate/Stay Night [Unlimited Blade Works]: Sunny Day (Japanese audio) - OVA
Sword Art Online -Alicization- (Japanese audio) - Episode 18

To my surprise I went through some anime today for once. In this instance I focused on various things; such as the mini OVA that was included in the UBW Blu-ray set and also some backlog that should have been watched from months ago. I've finished the first cour for Banana Fish so that concludes the Summer 2018 titles at the very least, leaving the second cour left to watch. BEATLESS Final Stage is also finally sorted so that show is left to rest. I also finished watching the first arc of Boogiepop, and I may wait for the second arc to finish before starting it since they're releasing the arcs in weird methods.

I ideally would like to sort out the Autumn 2018 season titles I plan to watch or started already before the end of the month but I doubt that will happen. There's also the now-large on-disc backlog to sort out also but I'm saving that for a later point.

Streaming backlog (prior to Winter 2019 season):
Banana Fish - 11 eps left
Golden Kamuy (Season 2) - Not Yet Started, 12 eps left
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai - Not Yet Started, 12 eps left
Senran Kagura Shinovi Master - Not Yet Started, 12 eps left
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime - 14 eps left (21 total)
ZOMBIE LAND SAGA - 9 eps left

Boogiepop and Others ep 7
Ah that's what she meant by "become Boogiepop"

Hinamaru Sumo ep 17
The Nationals continue.

Magical Girl Spec Ops Asuka ep 5
More brutal battles. Poor Nozomi is now going to be used as bait!

Domestic Girlfriend ep 5
More trouble comes Natsuos way.

Katana Maidens ~ Mini Toji ep 5

SAO: Alicization ep 18
Chudelkin's appearance was a bit less creepy than I imagined it to be from the light novels...

Manaria Friends eps 3 & 4
This show kinda irritates me. I feel like it could be so much better than it actually is, given the fanservice and yuri baiting. Well, episode 4 was a bit better than 2 & 3 in those regards at least.

Wataten! ep 5
Another show that mildly irritates me... couldn't they just have made Mya-san like cute things rather than being a total creep? Oh well, at least there hasn't been one of the especially weird "Mya-san being in love" scenes for a couple of eps now. It's a pity because I really like the humour and it is a very cute show other than that.

Kemurikusa ep 5
Ooh, new character! Is it one of the older sisters?

The Magnificent Kotobuki eps 4 & 5
This show is really rather good, with the exception of the actual fight scenes. I mean, I have literally no idea what's going on in most of them without the characters telling me. But these eps reinforced that the characters are good fun to watch and the setting is interesting.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind ep 18
Well that surely moved from battle to battle very quickly.

Girly Air Force ep 5
I can't decide whether I like this show or not. Eagle's insufferability actually lent itself well to the episode and Phantom seems interesting, but was that random fanservice scene really necessary? Couldn't Kei have found the Chinese book some other way?

Magical Girl Spec Ops Asuka ep 5
Urgh, this continues to be gut-wrenching in a good way. Looking forward to the proper introduction of the third magical girl next week!

Bermuda Triangle: Colorful Pastrale ep 5
Gotta love a show about mermaids. Particularly mermaids that apparently have hot showers and baths... in the sea...

Endro~! ep 4 & 5
Well it's an easy watch at least? Admittedly I was beginning to get burned out after the other 10 things I've watched today, so maybe I shouldn't judge too harshly. It's just kinda a whole lotta nothing.

...I think I need a break after all that in about 8 hours.

Spice and Wolf episodes 8-13 (Completed)

Spice and Wolf II: The Wolf and the Amber Melancholy (Complete)

Last edited:
The Quintessential Quintuplets Episode 5
Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka Episodes 1-5
Kaguya-Sama: Love Is War Episode 5
Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 18
Katana Maidens ~ Mini Toji Episode 5
Mysteria Friends Episode 4
Pastel Memories Episodes 1 & 2

/umiko

Endro! (English Dub) Episode 2

Radiant (English Dub) Episode 15

Asobi Asobase OVA
A pretty decent OVA episode and a nice little extra addition to the main series. Despite the 2/3 runtime it did have some really humorous moments throughout.

Fairy Tail Episode 295
Well this is certainly getting a lot more interesting.

gen:LOCK Episode 4

How Clumsy you are, Miss Ueno Episode 6
I have to admit that device would be handy to have on rainy days, especially with the amount of times I've come home soaked (thanks UK weather) if only it was real IRL.

Mysteria Friends Episode 4
Upcoming tests can only mean one thing..... STUDYING!... (*sarcastic Yay*).

The Magnificent Kotobuki Episode 5
Some delicate political talks and another intense aerial dog fight.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 93 A pretty fun and chilled SoL episode this week.

How Clumsy you are, Miss Ueno episode 6 More shenanigans.

Mysteria Friends episode 4 A simple episode that reinforced the relationship between Grea and Anne.

The Magnificent Kotobuki episode 5 This weeks episode felt like it was being played at 1.5x speed.

Kamichu! episodes 1-16 (Complete. Charming and laid-back, this was a bit of a hidden gem that I stumbled upon and I’m glad I did.) 3.5/5

Last edited:
Girls und Panzer episodes 1-4 - It's got such a ridiculous setup but it just does it so well. Hoping this turns out as good as Uma Musume since that also had a similarly wacky setup.

BanG Dream Season 2 episode 6 - A nice episode focusing on Afterglow and a cameo appearance by Masking.

Mysteria Friends episode 4 - Hnn nice background art and soundtrack

Karakuri Circus ep 16
Another flashback episode. Masaru learns of how his grandfather got entangled in this ever complex web.

Dororo ep 6
This doesn't pull its punches.

Dororo episode 6 Yep this didn’t end well, another great episode though.

Mob Psycho 100 II episode 6 Some interesting character studies this week.

Kamisama Kiss episodes 1-13 (Complete. Decent and fun, even if it does sag occasionally in the drama department. With this and Kamichu I seem to be on a run with fantastical elements mixing with everyday school life. Now I can finally watch the Season 2 set that’s been sat on my shelf for like a year.) 3.5/5

Girls und Panzer episodes 5-12 (End) - As said previously, this show really has no right being this good. The studio knows just how ridiculous the premise is and just makes it work. The production is pretty great with the tank battles being a right joy to watch and the music really fits the military theme (when it's not being swapped for Tetris music). The cast is also pretty good with plenty of fun characters and some nicely timed comedy moments. Overall a surprisingly great series that's just pure stupid fun. 9/10

Up next will be the OVAs and der Film to round off this series (until the 6 part film series is released, MVM please)

Last edited:
Back