Your viewing journal

Black Clover episode 69 Nice.

Run with the Wind episode 16 A damn good effort from the team.

Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere II episodes 1-13 (Complete. Also pretty fun, with some nice developments here and there. It was nice to see Tenzo get some focus.) 3.5/5

WATATEN ep 5
This episode focused mainly on Kanon and Koyuri's relationship.

Ekoda-chan ep 5
This one was a bit surreal.

Chihayafuru 2 eps 1-3
New recruits! They were both a little annoying at first though.

Last edited:
The two "episodes" which make up End of Eva are numbered as 25' and 26' (with apostrophes), so I'll insist that they replace 25 and 26 in that version of events. :)
While they’re certainly alternate I’m not sure I like the word “replace”, personally. They’re a more straightforward and traditional way of portraying events and with a different ending but Eva isn’t a straightforward story by any means. I’m inclined to view it (all of it, TV, movies and the rebuilds) as much more Anno’s exploration of his own psychological state than as a traditional narrative (and by extension, the psychological state of his once fellow otaku he was devoloping a (self) loathing for - Gainax was essentially the first major studio by and for otaku and for good or ill, laid the groundwork for a great deal of what the anime industry became).

There’s a lot more I’d need to get into to explain my position properly and I’d be happy to outline my universal theory of Evangelion when I’m back at a keyboard - Maybe it is time for another discussion on this? I know there are a few people passionate about the show here again these days, and I’d be interested to hear yours and others’ thoughts and theories Neil. Probably a good idea to start a new thread for it though.

I've seen the Evangelion TV series 4 times now and I still find the final 2 episodes a disappointment. There's so much drama and tension that builds up during the later part of the series and then it's completely dissipated in episode 25. Whether or not EoE is the 'proper' ending (I've been having that debate for 20 years now), for me it is definitely the better ending.

Maybe it is time for another discussion on this? I know there are a few people passionate about the show here again these days, and I’d be interested to hear yours and others’ thoughts and theories Neil. Probably a good idea to start a new thread for it though.
I've just adapted this thread for that very purpose for anyone who'd be interested. :)

SAO Alternative: Gun Gale Online ep9-12

Well, my opinion of the show did go up in the second half - the second game was genuinely exciting as it reached its climax - it’s just unfortunate the series switched back to the real world for its conclusion, and reminded me of everything I didn’t like about it. I’ll write a little bit more in the ‘last show you completed’ thread later.

Mob Psycho 100 II ep5

Just chiming in with the general adoration for this episode, it’s another one where I honestly question how they managed it on a tv budget - there’s some really fantastic animation going on here. They really leaned into the references to Akira this week too, always nice to see.

The Magnificent KOTOBUKI eps 1 & 2 (rewatch on a much bigger screen)
I still wonder why the second episode ended without the reveal everything the passenger was saying alluded to, that she hired some pirates to attack the convoy so she could destroy her rivals crew. Maybe it'll come up later or I was just wrong!

Chihayafuru 2 eps 4-7
High School regionals, that was a close game in the final. And some time off before the high school nationals, with an excellent 4th wall break in there as well.

Last edited:
My Roommate is a Cat episode 5 Sibling reunion.

The Rising of the Shield Hero episode 5 Birb.

Iria: Zeiram The Animation episodes 1-6 (Complete. A pretty decent series from the late 90s that was a breeze to sit through.) 3.5/5

Kemurikusa Episode 5
Who am I?... Eh... Who are you?

Meiji Tokyo Renka Episode 5
The long road to becoming the perfect woman is never easy and always full of challenges.

My Roommate is a Cat Episode 5
That's the trouble with cats, half the time their either happy or very moody. That ending though... right place wrong time, possible incoming misunderstanding. And a happy sibling reunion... well so of.

The Rising of the Shield Hero Episode 5
*sigh* Oh Myne, you and Motoyasu can keep on embarrassing yourselves for all I care, it's very entertaining. That's a big bird. Of all things... a Spice & Wolf reference, NICE.

Virtual-san Looking Episode 5

My Roomate is a Cat episode 5
The Rising of the Shield Hero episode 5
A Certain Magical Index III episode 1-2
Made a start on this one finally.

Binging through my mystery box stuff this last week.

The Case of Hana and Alice It was good, Animation was a bit wonkey at times and framerate inconsistent but it was engrossing.

Erased Episodes 1-12. Oh man this was a good show, from start to finish I was completely engaged.

Chihayafuru 2 eps 8-15
The National High School team tournament. These flew by as the matches can be quite engrossing, but it not over yet (makes up for the first season). But I was running out of time before work and ep 16 is a recap episode again, so this is a good place to stop.

Last edited:
Run With The Wind episode 16. A really cathartic episode... and then it went all potential angst again at the end?! Well, I guess that's kinda what I love about this show.
Rising of the Shield Hero episode 5. Honestly I've read the light novels up to volume... 7? 8? I forget. But it's much better animated.
Kaguya-sama episode 4. This was such a good episode for the supporting characters! And the MCs mainly dialled up the cuteness.

The Case of Hana and Alice It was good, Animation was a bit wonkey at times and framerate inconsistent but it was engrossing.

Well that movie was rotoscoped, and that can look kind of weird - they're basically tracing over a live-action scene. But I still really like that effect - Flowers of Evil was pretty cool with its rotoscoping.

Well that movie was rotoscoped, and that can look kind of weird - they're basically tracing over a live-action scene. But I still really like that effect - Flowers of Evil was pretty cool with its rotoscoping.

Thank you! Most people hated it but i though it worked perfectly. And I watched it after id read the manga too.

Shame it never got a second season.

Back