Your viewing journal

Boogiepop & Others (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-2
The Quintessential Quintuplets (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-2
The Rising of the Shield Hero (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-2

Bloom into You - Ep 5-8

Gundam Build Fighters - Ep 10-12

Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO: The Hidden One Year War Ep 1-3 (end)

Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO: Apocalypse 0079 Ep 1-3 (end)

Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO 2: Gravity Front Ep 1-3 (end)

All over the place today. Fancied getting through some U.C Gundam backlog in the end.

Index III ep 15

not a bad start for the arc.

Tsurune ep 13 [END]

Felt rushed, weirdly. Overall it was enjoyable. 6/10

Strike the Blood III ep 2

I love this show.

Last edited:
SAO: Alicization ep 15
That was probably the best episode of this series. From the smarts of the first part (Kirito actually having a good reason why he could move, rather than being Jesus-kun and magically spring back up) and an excellent fight for the rest of it (maybe a little uneasy at the female Knight putting herself down so much, but Kirito saying that, that shouldn't matter was good)

Katana Maidens ~ Mini Toji ep 2
A better episode than the last one.

Endro~! ep 2
Choosing a leader.

Domestic Girlfriend ep 2
Avoided anything too trashy this week. I'm not sure which ship I want to sail yet, but it's clear that both girls have their problems and the MC will help them one way or another.

Tsurune ep 13 (complete)
A very good final episode with all the threads of the show coming together as they compete in the finals.
It was OK, but there were a few things that let it down for me like at least one character or another being miserable for most of it (the other 3 were slight deviations on 3 of the Free! guys) and plenty of tropes (some of which just come from it being a sports show, but others weren't).
Art and animation were top notch naturally, but some was OTT (I mean where did all the leaves come from!)
7/10

Am the person who still is loving SAO S3 but doesn't like Alicization Rising because its seems to have slipped back into climbing a tower and new faces on each floor while Alicization Beginning felt fresh and original and world building bar ep 10. (Which was Bad world building)

And KyoAni and tropes Every single show they do since K-ON is tropey but that's why I like them because you know what your getting school, club, friendship etc. VE being about just her was its weakness for me as I didn't like her the supporting characters usually stole the show ep 10 anyone.

I don't really like how ''tropey'' is seen as a bad thing to begin with.

Most of the stuff I enjoy was done before, it might have a catch or two, but it's around the same theme.

Should I find RomComs unworthy of my liking just because it was done before?..

Which was Bad world building
I said this at the time, not as bad as Goblin Slayer, as you needed something to make Eugeo break the rules. Maybe not that, but at least it wasn't made as titillating as Goblin Slayer either!

since K-ON is tropey
I've only seen Sound! 1&2, Free! 1&2, and the 2018 shows (and A Silent Voice) of KyoAni stuff since K-ON!! Got lots of others on my various lists though!

I don't really like how ''tropey'' is seen as a bad thing to begin with.

Most of the stuff I enjoy was done before, it might have a catch or two, but it's around the same theme.

Should I find RomComs unworthy of my liking just because it was done before?..
The only new thing it did was the sport, which was interesting from a 'learning more about the Japanese culture' point of view.

At this point lots of things have been done to death. Like a dead parent for example, but a car crash how dull, as opposed to say
dying in a blizzard in Antarctica
!

And with RomComs it's down to how it's done. Misunderstandings that mean 2 people who clearly fancy each don't get to the confession till the last episode is frustrating as hell.

The only new thing it did was the sport, which was interesting from a 'learning more about the Japanese culture' point of view.

At this point lots of things have been done to death. Like a dead parent for example, but a car crash how dull, as opposed to say
dying in a blizzard in Antarctica
!

It's because realism most people don't get the chance to go to Antartica which is the whole premise of the show. Part of me didnt like she thought her mother was alive though same problem as VE really. I know missing isn't dead but its not right for them to live in fantasy especially with APFTTU no one was ever responding to the emails.

I definitely wouldnt call Nichijou tropey.
And its one of the weakest they did imo. (And Nichijou is usually counted as KyoAnis exception as it was like fun and experimental at points, and does follow some tropes, group of characters and set around high school)
The cut down version is far better. (As most of the sketches are misses for me)

My point still stands most associate of certain things with KyoAni, School, clubs etc.
And I admit I forgot about Nichijou, I own it but I havent had interest in it for a while.

Last edited:
It's because realism most people don't get the chance to go to Antartica which is the whole premise of the show. Part of me didnt like she thought her mother was alive though same problem as VE really. I know missing isn't dead but its not right for them to live in fantasy especially with APFTTU no one was ever responding to the emails.
Part of the grieving process was missing, I guess. Seeing is believing, but yes there was no chance after 3 years. But as a death of a parent as part of the plot of a show it's very unique. In Tsurune it wasn't even the cause of his target panic (it was just the pressure of the tournament IIRC), it was just to make his friend feel guilty for some odd reason. I guess as a young kid he wouldn't have known it wasn't his fault, but still.
If I looked to anime for realism I would believe half of the Japanese people were orphans and the other half latch-key kids due to parents working away from home. That was something unique about another anime I liked which was The Anthem of the Heart which used divorce instead!

Every scene in Nichijou featuring Sakamoto, Nano and Hakase is absolute gold! The rest is a little hit and miss, but mostly hit for me.

Clannad is still by far the best thing ive seen from them.

Mob Psycho 100 II ep2

Don't think I quite appreciated how much I wanted more Mob until it came back on, I've really enjoyed this so far.

Magical Girl Spec Ops Asuka ep1

There's a decent enough idea in here somewhere, but I'm not that grabbed by it in its execution, and it's not especially great to look at either. I didn't think it was terrible or anything, but I feel like there are more interesting things I could be watching instead.

SAO Alternative: Gun Gale Online ep1

I've been largely indifferent to the SAO franchise thus far, but I've been circling around this particular spin-off for a while now, and it's not bad - it captures the feeling of playing an online battle royale-style fps game fairly well. I'll give it a couple of episodes at least.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 90 Decent stuff. Tsundere snake summon strikes again.

How Clumsy you are, Miss Ueno episode 3 Pretty funny again this week, I’ll keep watching since it’s established its style of humour now.

Mysteria Friends episode 1 Looks alright so far.

The Magnificent Kotobuki episode 2 First tragic death of the season, poor Pancake-kun.

Tsurune episode 13 What a good shot man...(Complete. A good sports anime focusing on archery with some nice Kyoani animation and some suitably tense tournaments. I wish that they had given this a few more episodes though, as it would have allowed for the characters to be fleshed out a bit further beyond the moping some of them did.) 3.5/5

Gintama° episodes 296-316 This continues to be consistent in balancing out the all out comedic stories with more serious arcs.

Last edited:
Conception: Please Give Birth to My Child! Episode 12 (Complete)
Overall a pretty average series with a rather unusual but familiar premise. 3/5

Konosuba: God's Blessing on this Wonderful World! (English Dub) Episode 1—10 (Complete)
This was a really fun show with a really fun cast of characters. A series that had some hilarious comedic moments throughout. Animation wise is pretty average (considering the studio) but that actually helps improve the comedy. 3.5/5

Megalo Box (English Dub) Episode 5

Radiant (English Dub) Episode 12

Release the Spyce (English Dub) Episode 9—12 (Complete)
A decent series about group of high school girls who secretly protect their city from evil using their unique talents. Overall this was a fun show with a decent cast of characters. 3/5

Senran Kagura Shinovi Master -Tokyo Youma Chapter- (English Dub) Episode 10 (Uncensored)

Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc and the Alchemist Knight (English Dub) Episode 11
Love conquers all in the end.

Fairy Tail Episode 292
Not an ideal time for a hot Bath.

How Clumsy you are, Miss Ueno Episode 3
Another hilarious episode. Omg... what the heck is up with those censors.

Katana Maidens: Mini Toji Episode 2
Happy Birthday! Kanami. Let's Celebrate, it's Party Time!

Mysteria Friends Episode 1
Pretty good start, I'm definitely going to like this.

Strike the Blood III Episode 2
I'm really like these later LN story arc adaptions.

Sword Art Online Alicization Episode 15
Lesson 101 Kids, weapons are dangerous so don't touch them, otherwise that could happen. The fight though was impressive even though the outcome is pretty obvious.

The Magnificent Kotobuki Episode 2
Some more aerial dogfights and a first tragic death of the show, (Salute) poor Pancake-kun.

Tsurune: Kazemai High School Archery Club Episode 13 (Complete)
Another visually stunning series from KyoAni that focuses on the sport of Archery and the tournaments. I was hoping it would have had a few more eps to give the characters some development as well as their back stories. 3.5/5

Last edited:
Back