Your viewing journal

Bang Dream S2 ep 2

Heating up already.

The Quintessential Quintuplet ep 1

This is what I was looking for, a fresh school harem without superpowers and the likes, they are so rare these days.

Last edited:
Girly Air Force episode 1 I’ll give this the three episode rule. It wasn’t very good though may get better...maybe.

Dimension W episodes 1-12 (Complete. A sci-fi anime with some impressive arcs- the “haunted house” one for instance. I liked how the series kept itself interesting and varied throughout. I’ll admit though the antagonist in the final arc wasn’t that great. Kind of a shame it’ll probably be resigned to this 12 episode series and likely won’t see a season 2.) 4/5

Last edited:
Kemono Friends eps 5 & 6
One of the Friends finally points out the obvious, but also says something about "avoiding being annihilated"!

Girly Air Force ep 1
Darling in the FranXX: the lost scripts!?
Zero Two is back! And this time she's a horny airplane AI?PS_Messages_20190111_010358.jpg

The Quintessential Quintuplets ep 1
Seems like it might be fun, although as they're Quintuplets there is no variety of body shape. Weird hang up I know, but as the shape they went for is too well endowed in the breast department for me it's a bit off putting, so therefore the imouto wins by default, although loli's probably too far the other way. Personality wise Yotsuba seems to be the best so far, although looks like the Manga readers have her plumb last in terms of members favourites on MAL.

The Promised Neverland episode 1 - They broke me on the first episode...

BanG Dream Season 2 episode 2 - Nicely tied into the game here with a visit to the CiRCLE livehouse and a cameo from Marina. Some of the wacky humour from PICO also made it's way into this series which is nice to see.
Screenshot_20190111-020627_HIDIVE.jpgScreenshot_20190110-171252_HIDIVE.jpg
Chu2 from RAISE A SUILEN makes an appearance! Seems they'll gradually introduce the new band over this series before giving them more focus in Season 3.
Sound! Euphonium episodes 1-7

Sound! Euphonium Shorts episodes 1-4

Run With The Wind episode 12

Girly Air Force episode 1
Three episode rule for this, but did feel a bit FranXX-ish

Meiji Tokyo Renka
episode 1
A bit crap but might pick up

A Certain Magical Index III episode 14 Touma perfects his falcon punch.

Boogiepop and Others episode 3 A pretty good end to the first arc.

Date A Live III episode 1 it’s been a hot minute since I watched II but this was decent enough, though the animation does appear to have taken a budget cut.

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure Part 5: Golden Wind episode 14 Eating a hard banana and getting old whilst waking up feeling so horny.

Dragon Pilot: Hisone and Masotan episodes 1-12 (Complete. Some cool concepts albeit with rather archetypal characters and arcs-The MC is a scatterbrained blabbermouth, her teammates are a cold b*tch whose heart is slowly melted by others, the comedic rival, the antisocial one with no energy etc.

Asides from that the whole dragon fighter jet concept was pretty neat, and fairly well explored-looking into the bonds between each of the dragons and their pilots. The comedy also got a chuckle out of me in places. There were also some poignant moments of bonding between the pilots that fleshed out the characters beyond their archetypes.

I did find that the relationship drama towards the end felt lacklustre, I then realised the series was written by Mari Okada who also handled Kiznavier’s even more clunky relationship-focused climax. At least here it’s played more for laughs in places. Despite its drawbacks this was a decent series, and the ED was quite the ear worm.) 3.5/5

Last edited:
Magical Girl Spec Ops Asuka episode 1 - Well that was kinda meh. Dropped

Boogiepop and Others episode 3 - Makes much more sense now. I think I may just leave this series on hold just so I can watch it all in one go since it's probably a series more suited to binge watching when you can actually focus.

Ultimate Teacher (1988)

Despite my hazy recollection of Helen McCarthy giving it a bad review, I quite enjoyed this. Ostensibly the story of an escaped mutant who appoints himself the new head of an out of control school, and the demure gang leader who stands in his way, it's really just a vague outline on which to hang an hour's worth of Airplane-style sight gags and general lowbrow silliness. It runs out of steam a bit at the end, but it's an endearing romp with some good comic timing. Randomly, it also turns out that I'm already following the original manga's author on twitter.

Boogiepop and Others ep 3

Nothing unexpected, it was so slow on ep 1/2 that it didn't feel confusing aside from telling characters apart.

Seriously, what's up these character designs, art and animation in general? this is overlord bad, I was expecting more madhouse.

A Certain Magical Index III ep 14

No op, arc finished.

Last edited:
Bloom Into You (English Dub) Episode 12

Goblin Slayer (English Dub) Episode 10

Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc and the Alchemist Knight (English Dub) Episode 10

Boogiepop and Others Episode 3
Last weeks episodes are finally making sence now. Just a tad annoying that the events so for are the wrong way around.

Circlet Princess Episode 1
Getting a lot of Asterisk War vibes from this, but a decent start regardless.

Date A Live III Episode 1
Pretty much the same dating shenanigans as the first two seasons.

Dimension High School Episode 1
Very different from the norm, at least the premise is unique, but the CGI tho... Ughh.

Girly Air Force Episode 1
Darling in the FranXX - Air Force Edition. Welcome back, Zero 2.

The Price of Smiles Episode 2
That didn't take long for things to escalate, that ending tho...

The Quintessential Quintuplets Episode 1
A good clean rom-com without the typical BS you get from series like this. I'm definitely going to enjoy this.

Daltanious: Robot of the Future - Episodes 11 - 13

Thunderbolt Fantasy Sword Seekers 2 - Episode 7

The Price of Smiles - Episodes 1 & 2

A fairly standard setup but I've quite enjoyed these first couple of episodes.

Bermuda Triangle: Colourful Pastrale episode 1 A mermaid themed SoL with Spongebob physics? I’ll give it a go.

ENDRO! episode 1 This seems pretty generic, another one for the three episode rule.

Fairy Tail: Final Season episode 291 I’m trying to work out just how spoilerly the OP is based on my memories of reading this final section of the manga.

Grimms Notes: The Animation episode 1 This seems alright so far, will see how the series plays out.

Kaguya-Sama: Love is War episode 1 This was alright, wasn’t as enthused with it as others have been. Another for the three episode pile.

Radiant episode 15 The more this arc unfolds the more pissed I am that they stuck three episodes of shite filler before it. A lot of people probably jumped ship and therefore are missing out on a really solid and dark arc.

Drifters episodes 1-12 (Complete. Violent, bloody and very enjoyable, with some rather whacky comedy that sometimes feels out of place and other times was rather funny. This was from the same mangaka behind Hellsing and it shows in the humour and stylish violence.

Though not as good as Hellsing this is still shaping up to be another worthy franchise- if they make another season that is. Someday I’ll watch the OVAs to get another fix.) 4/5

Hinomaru Sumo ep 13

Nice training arc.

Sword Art Online III ep 14

New op and ed time! not a fan of the op but I really dig the ending. Also quite a enjoyable ep.

Last edited:
Sound! Euphonium episodes 8-13 (Complete) - Thanks based KyoAni. A strong character driven piece with excellent character development and art direction. It features the high quality animation you'd expect from KyoAni but there's a noticable amount of care given to the character's expression and mannerisms that really sets it apart from most series. Another interesting thing I noticed was the character designs for the background characters. In any other series they'd be given the same old boring designs but here each nameless extra has a unique design to them that really adds life to each scene. I also see potential in Tomoyo Kurosawa being one of my favourite VAs at this point with her performance as Kumiko. I may be rambling at this point so I'll just give it 9/10

Sound! Euphonium OVA - An extra episode showing some events that happened in the background of the main series' last few episodes. Even for an OVA, KyoAni delivers on animation. 8/10

Sound! Euphonium Shorts episodes 5-7 (Complete) - A series of comedic shorts to complement the series. 8/10

March comes in like a lion episodes 1-4 - I really enjoyed these few episodes. Shinbou's directing works really well here and since I just really like SoL with a side of feels this seems like a good series for me.

Kaguya-Sama: Love is War episode 1 - This seems kinda reminiscent of Shaft's style and the humour is quite fun.

A Certain Magical Index III Episode 14
A right old Royal Rumble. Plus the perfect Touma KO falcon punch.

Bermuda Triangle: Colorful Pastrale Episode 1
Another show for the 3 eps pile.

Domestic Girlfriend Episode 1
Basically its Scum's Wish but with less Sex.

Endro! Episode 1
Clean fantasy fun, besides being generic.

Grimms Notes The Animation Episode 1
Decent start so far. I'm liking the famous "Fairy Tales" as the core premise for the series.

Kaguya-Sama: Love is War Episode 1
Really good first episode. I really liked the mind games between the two MC's, it's like watching a game of romance chicken. That bento scene tho...

Katana Maidens: Mini Toji Episode 1

Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka Episode 1
Not bad but not great. I'll give it the 3 eps rule to see how it unfolds.

Radiant Episode 15

Sword Art Online Alicization Episode 14

Virtual-san Looking Episode 1
Surprisingly average despite looking the way it does.

W'z Episode 2

Bit of a change up at work so I've not been able to post what I've been watching really, so this is sort of a catch-up post.

Boogiepop and Others episode 3
I like this so far. I understand people's criticism of it being slow and confusing, but its enjoyable non the less.

Date A Live III episode 1
Seemed a lot more bog-standard than the previous seasons and I'm really not sure why.

The Quintessential Quintuplets episode 1
Three episode rule on this one. Funny and entertaining but we'll see where it goes.

Grimm Notes The Animation episode 1
Meh - really wasn't too keen on this. Three episode rule strikes again.

Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka episode 1
On paper this sounds a bit crap but I actually enjoyed it for some reason.

Meiji Tokyo Renka episode 1
This could've been a lot better, but for some reason (and don't ask me why - it's weird) all I kept thinking through the entire thing was "Gemsy would like this" :confused:

Back