Your viewing journal

Strike the Blood III Ep 1

Strong start, picking up from II. Really dig these kind of LNs but they rarely get a chance for more than one season when adapted. GG StB fans.

Tsurune Ep 11

that ending..

Blend S Ep 10-12 [END]

Let's see, thoughts.. I like all cast and character designs are great, Kaho is gorgeous by anime standards, jokes are more hit than miss with me. 7/10 I'd like to own it.

Last edited:
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime (English Dub) Episode 11

Fairy Tail (English Dub) Episode 287

Doctor Who: Dreamland

Doctor Who: The Infinite Quest

Dororo Episode 1

Pastel Memories Episode 1

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Episode 14

Mob Psycho 100 s2 e1
Great stuff. Had a little bit of everything. The scene where he put the novel back together was actually quite moving.

Dororo ep 1
Seems pretty cool so far. With the pact to 12 demons I thought it would be a "monster of the week" show, but a quick dig through the MAL comments shows a mention from one of the staff that they are at least up to episode 15.

Karakuri Circus ep 12
For some reason I forgot to watch this when it came out! The attack on the Midnight Circus continues, leaving the end of the cour with a bit of a cliffhanger.

Dororo episode 1 - it's a shame this is on Amazon. It's a great first episode and the premise is interesting. Add in a good soundtrack and top animation and it could be an AOS contender already.

Rising Shield Hero ep1 - enjoying this so far. Looking forward to the next episode.

Radiant ep14 - Truth is it's just not very good. Its shoehorned a political story into the mix now and has crossed the line from boring to annoying. I may drop it.

Just finished gankutsuou and I have to say I'm quite disappointed, particularly by the ending, I really haven't seen anything properly adapted or the original, but the grapevine of pop culture gives me the impression it ended on a bit of a different tone - doesn't the original and closer adaptions have the count' s true, unfiltered revenge to end on?
Here it just seems like their still trying to build a relationship between Albert and the count, which for me doesn't work when the count has gotten as far as he has, it would have been more satisfying for the count to have his revenge, near the end he's the character that does the most and you really root for him

Ganku goes from a loose adaptation to fully divergent with the events of ep18.

Edmond listens to Mercedes and decides against killing Albert and is willing to accept his own death. Mercedes then tells everything about Edmond to Albert, and he in-turn refuses to go through with the duel. After that, Fernand commits suicide, the judge goes insane and by the time it comes to the fat banker, Edmond has had enough - no longer seeing justice in his actions - and lets him go. After that he his persuaded by Haydee to enter into a relationship with her, despite the age gap, and they decide to try being happy together; sailing away. THE END.

What the anime did is make Albert a far more important/dumber character and removed the non-vengeful side of Edmond. In the novel he views himself as God's hand getting justice. And as you saw in the anime, he was basically possessed by the devil to get vengeance. Novel Edmond has a lot more depth. It's understandable, though: there was no way Gonzo could faithfully adapt a 1000+ page novel without any action whatsoever, and the only way they could do it in 24eps is by cutting much of Edmond's characterisation and making Albert the protagonist.

PS: The Hollywood movie is not a closer adaptation, if you're referring to that. It's awful. I suggest reading the one vol manga adaptation that came out last year and is unrelated to Gankutsuou, if you want a more accurate version focused on Edmond that wouldn't take you long to read.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Count-Monte-Cristo-Manga-Alexandre/dp/1626927359/r

Last edited:
3-gatsu no Lion S2 ep 17-18

some shoji started and ended.

Slow Start ep 8-9

pool time.

After the Rain ep 6

I really dig the directing on it.

Last edited:
Black Clover episode 65 The fight is resolved.

Run with the Wind episode 12 A good run and a trip. The ending was great though I’m curious to see how the cliffhanger plays out.

Days episodes 19-24 (Complete. Another good if not great sports anime. It felt similar to Big Windup! in that the MC was a bundle of nerves and prone to tears, whilst the rest of the team had to mould him into a decent player. I suppose the more of this genre I watch, the more the tropes become apparent. Regardless this was a decent enough watch, especially considering I’m not much of a fan of the the actual sport.) 3.5/5

WATATEN!: An Angel Flew Down to Me ep 1
Seems like a slightly less creepy version of Uza-Maid from last season (not that I watched that!) The song/sequence at the end was the OP, sounds/looks like a contender for this seasons best already.

Rinshi! Ekoda-chan ep 1
A short based on a 4-koma about a woman who works lots of different jobs and likes to be naked at home. There's 12 episodes with 12 different directors/VAs and after each episode there's a Q&A it seems.
I didn't find this episode that funny and I didn’t like the art either (the director was Akitarou Daichi for the first episode). I didn't stick around for all of the Q&A either.
Some of the character designs for the rest look better:
PS_Messages_20190109_000223.jpg
It says at the start that this is the third adaptation. There's another anime and I think I found a live action version on YouTube when I was looking for a trailer for this show.

Last edited:
3D Kanojo: Real Girl 2nd Season Episode 1 [13]
More character drama, and some character development for Ito.

Rinshi!! Ekoda-chan Episode 1 (Dropped)
😱😱😱 OMG that animation. NOPE, NOT FOR ME.

Strike the Blood III Episode 1
Picking up from where StB II left off, really good start.

WATATEN!: An Angel Flew Down to Me Episode 1
Looks like I found my moe show for this season. At least this will be a easier and less creepy (depending on what the big sister does) watch than Uza-Maid. I'm really digging that OP.

Kemono Friends eps 1-3
Well this is something! Seems like an infotainment show aimed at kids with the little interview bits with various zoo workers who are named, but only with the family name and -oneesan or -oniisan. But there's a little bit of intrigue with who built the park, why is it abandoned, what are those alien things and how did Kaban get there (the answer she's seeking is pretty obvious though). The animation is pretty bad, but the designs are mostly pretty good.

Run with the Wind ep 12

Great ep, team synergy getting up there.

The Rising of the Shield Hero ep 1

I love to see MCs driven by hate.

Real Girl 2nd ep 1

festival time

The Promised Neverland episode 1

the last scene was a bloody jump scare to me, not sure if that was the idea

Last edited:
WATATEN!: An Angel Flew Down to Me episode 1
not for me - dropped

Rinshi!! Ekoda-chan episode 1
I do like the concept of the series with a different VA and director for each episode, but the waffle at the end was a bit much. I really liked the first bit (so the actual anime I suppose) but I wish they'd've just left it as a short. Would've worked better than Jingai no Yome-san at least and more like I Don't Understand What My Husband is Saying.

Haikara San 1 - How did this never get licensed in the UK HOW.. it does start very shojo the middle you can is a bit rushed ( Do want to find the manga now though) but the last 40 mins are amazing so so good, like wow I wish they never showed him alive till the next film it does damage the cliffhanger a bit. But hopefully its get licensed and released back to back as the only weakness I see is its not complete its half a story.

Golden Kamuy 2nd season (Dub) episode 22 Another impressive episode.

My Roommate is a Cat episode 1 An SoL about a socially reclusive writer and a cat whose thoughts you can hear? I’m sold.

The Promised Neverland episode 1
What a twist!

Devil Survivor 2 The Animation episodes 1-13 (Complete. A bit of a repetitive anime for the first half, with a slightly more interesting second half. What I found interesting is that no character was safe from harm, but the overall cast were pretty meh and felt underdeveloped with only one or two being half-interesting. The action was decent enough and overall this was fine, but very much nothing special.) 3/5

Back