Your viewing journal

3D Kanojo: Real Girl (English Dub) Episode 8—9

Bloom Into You (English Dub) Episode 10

Goblin Slayer (English Dub) Episode 9

Senran Kagura Shinovi Master -Tokyo Youma Chapter- (English Dub) Episode 8 (Uncensored)

Tsurune: Kazemai High School Archery Club (English Dub) Episode 6

A Certain Magical Index III Episode 13
An underground encounter and another big fight incoming.

Bloom Into You Episode 13 (Complete)
More script writing. A trip to the Aquarium and a personal heart to heart conversation.
This was a OK series, if not a little disappointing. 3/5

IRODUKU: The World in Colors Episode 13 (Complete)
An emotional send-off with some flawless visuals.
Another visually stunning series from P.A.Works. I really liked the whole time travel & magic concept as a story premise, it really gives the series a great atmosphere that balances well with the drama. A really enjoyable watch. 4/5

Revue Starlight Special Episode 2

Senran Kagura Shinovi Master -Tokyo Youma Chapter- Episode 12 (Complete) (Uncensored)
As good as the first season if not better. For obvious reason I really enjoyed this. 3.5/5

IRODUKU episode 13 (complete)
Enjoyed this, and I like the fact that it has closure at the end and didn't drag on forever more.

Bloom into You episode 13 (complete)
This was a good series but the last episode was really very meh for me. I think the manga is on-going as well but it would've been nice to just end the series after the one cour. See what happens.

Hanasaku Iroha - 1 to 26 plus Home Sweet Home Movie - Saw this was coming off Crunchyroll, so blitzed through it over the past few days. Really enjoyable cast and setting, plus its the PA Works show, so it looks stunning throughout.

A Place Further Than the Universe eps 5-9 (rewatch)
PS_Messages_20181229_223145.jpg

Bloom into You ep 13 (complete)
The first half was a bit dull and if they waited for the manga to be a bit closer to finishing before starting the adaptation (apparently they've done about 2/3rds of what the final count will be) it would have been 1 or 2 short scenes. There was a couple of parts that had a relation to the second half with Yuu's friend asking for a title and of course Yuu texting Touko which showed Yuu taking the initiative in the relationship. I liked the second half, but it would have been nice if it ended with Yuu initiating a kiss, close but no!
Overall quite a slow burner without a concrete conclusion to the relationship, but so much better than Citrus in how the topic was handled. The character designs/art seemed similar to After the Rain, but not quite as good. Whilst disappointed again at the ending, I feel like it left it in better place than Bunny-Girl Senpai did. Seems there's not enough material for a second season, but hopefully there will be some OVAs (best option as HiDive got the OVAs for Kokoro Connect so a good chance they might get any potential ones for this) or a movie to finish it. It might be a while though with the manga ongoing.
8/10

IRODUKU: The World in Colors ep 13
Lovely final episode. It was a bit of shame my prediction didn't come true, they even teased it, but at least it had an actual end.
Overall another slow burner and with 3 potential romances I would have liked one of them to come about, but I guess they weren't really going for that. The art and animation were stunning and they managed to maintain it more or less throughout.
8/10

Goblin Slayer episode 12 A solid final episode and a funny face reveal (Complete. A series that began with controversy and bloodshed which soon became more of an SoL adventure with a one-minded protagonist and his buddies slaying their way to a bag of coins. It isn’t an amazing fantasy by any means but I did enjoy it overall, and the promise of another season is most welcome.) 3.5/5

Radiant episode 13 The story is getting more interesting and engaging which is good. I imagine people gave up after the terrible filler which is a massive fault of the studio really.

When they Cry: Rei OVAs 1-5 (Complete. A fanservicey light affair, an intriguing mini arc and another more lighthearted OVA. A mixed bag in terms of story type but overall quite fun.) 3.5/5

Yamada’s First Time: B Gata H Kei episodes 1-12 (Complete. A decent if unremarkable comedy that goes against convention by having the female MC be sex obsessed-albeit without knowing half the details of it. Some of the scenes can be quite endearing though Yamada herself is a bit obnoxious at times. The rest of the cast were fine to decent, with Kosuda being a nice counterpart to his more irritiating crush.) 3.5/5

Asobi Asobase Special Episode 2

Goblin Slayer Episode 12 (Complete)
A solid & very good final episode. The face reveal was absolutely hilarious.
A fantasy series that started with controversy and bloodshed that follows the adventures of a one-track minded MC and his friends slaying their to their next bounty. For a series that started of with a questionable first episode, this was a decent weekly watch, and definitely a show that is NOT for the feint heated. With a continuation on the horizon, I'll definitely be looking forward to seeing more of this. 3.5/5

Radiant Episode 13
Finally some interesting story progression. Plus an interesting info reveal about the Nemisis.

Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS Episode 1-12 (Complete)

Golden Kamuy episode 7
With no other anime available for a while I imagine I'll finish this all off before the new stuff starts. Shame I'm back in work on Wednesday or I could marathon it

Goblin Slayer episode 13 (complete)
I liked this and enjoyed it how it felt towards the end - a slice of life with action. I suspect another season would have a very different tone to cash in more for merchandise. Also, I'm not sure how much of the light novels the anime adapts but if it isn't much then I can't see them waiting for the source material to catch up.

2018-12-30-12.png

Goblin Slayer (Japanese audio) - Episodes 11-12 (Complete)

Goblin Slayer (complete) - a solid if unspectacular fantasy show. Severely limited by the lack of world build and the most boring MC of all time. That said it was very watchable, surprised it's got a second season.

In the 7 episodes ive watched of Goblin Slayer, Ive never once got the impression GS was supposed to be the main character. Just feels like more of an ensemble to me.

Not sure why hes got 1500+ favourites on Mal though... Its a mystery. (Same goes for Rikka Takarada) 😒

Persona 5 The Animation: Dark Sun Much like the rest of the series this was a solid though average retelling of the events of the true end for the game, or rather part of it. There’s another special coming out which I presume will end the series.

Your lie in April episodes 1-22 (Complete. YLiA is an interesting anime in that its tone often shifted from being more lighthearted and playful to dealing with serious and dark themes such as parental abuse, illness and trauma. Said shifting sometimes worked and sometimes felt a bit distracting.

I loved the music setpieces and the distinct feel they gave off. Seeing people from Kousei’s past come back into the fray and show him how they were moved by the piano playing he had been driven to despise was intriguing. Also seeing him then proceed to influence more people and even teach a younger pupil was equally as enjoyable.

Where the series lost me a bit was how it handled the romance aspects of its plot. Whenever the story dealt with certain pairings I.e Ryota+Kaori and Tsubaki+Saito, it felt a bit lacking. The latter seemed to merely exist as a means to reinforce the unrequited love between Tsubaki and Kousei-which was dealt with reasonably well, whilst the former was more playfully teased at and ultimately tied into the titular Lie in April itself.

The lie in question is revealed to be how Kaori feigned an interest in Ryota as a means to getting closer to Kousei after being blown away by his performance much like others had. It was poignant enough but could have been stronger if Kousei and Kaori had fully admitted their feelings properly before the surgery happened. It worked, but could have been even more poignant. Regardless they ended on a more uplifting note which was nice.

I felt that YLiA was at its strongest when portraying Kosei’s growth as a musician and the healing process that music brought him and those around him, as opposed to the lacklustre and/or stifled romance between the cast. If it consistent with all its elements I would have liked it even more.) 4/5

Last edited:
Back