Your viewing journal

Working’!! episodes 1-4

Since it’s Christmas Eve (well Christmas Day now I’m posting) I, as per tradition, watched Die Hard.
0DEFB7E2-6D95-4860-8DEB-4625A1ED5653.jpeg

Also watched A Christmas Story and the Mr Bean Christmas episode in the day whilst I played on my Switch and fought my cold.

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime (English Dub) Episode 10

Zombie Land Saga (English Dub) Episode 9

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Episode 13
Best episode yet. That fight though... If you could even call it a fight was bad ass. Damn Souei, you really don't mess around when a job needs doing. Big fight coming up.

Skull-Face Bookseller Honda-San episode 12 (Complete) - A surprisingly great series that delivers on relatable comedy and an informative look into bookstores. While there is little animation to speak of, it's still a delight to watch. 8/10

Golden Kamuy Season 2 episode 12 (Complete) - A great continuation of the first season. The humour is great as usual and the story had more of a focus than the first season with plenty of great character moments along the way. Hoping for a season 3 at some point. 8/10

Anima Yell! episode 12 (Complete) - More Kirara goodness. I just really like these shows where it's just simple fun with great likeable characters. 8/10

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime episode 13

Christmas Films so far:

Watership Down (Original) Not Anime I know

Nanoha A's Movie. Loved this, it was a perfect choice of Christmas film <3

Today?? No idea

Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt: December Sky (Japanese audio) - Film

Remaining on-disc backlog (since the last update months ago lol):
TV Series
  • The Asterisk War
  • Claymore
  • Drifters
  • GATE (Season 2)
  • Gundam Reconguista in G
  • Higurashi: When They Cry (Season 1)
  • Higurashi: When They Cry Kai
  • Higurashi: When They Cry Rei
  • Lord Marksman and Vanadis
  • Love Live! Sunshine!!
  • March comes in like a Lion (Season 1)
  • Ouran High School Host Club
  • SHIMONETA
  • The Testament of Sister New Devil (Season 1)
  • The Testament of Sister New Devil BURST
Movies
  • The Anthem of the Heart
  • Beyond the Boundary -I'll Be Here- Movie 1: Past
  • Beyond the Boundary -I'll Be Here- Movie 2: Future
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion I – Initiation
  • Fireworks
  • Fuse: Memoirs of a Hunter Girl
  • In This Corner of the World
  • Napping Princess
  • No Game No Life Zero
  • Napping Princess
  • The Night is Short, Walk on Girl
  • Psychic School Wars

High Score Girl eps 7-12 (complete)
OMG, cliffhanger!
I enjoyed this a lot. The characters are all quite charming, even the one that doesn't speak, and the little plot there is, is intriguing. The nostalgia factor probably adds to it.
8/10
Hopefully there's a second season.

Tokyo Godfathers

Last edited:
Ace Attorney 2nd Season episode 33 Another case concludes.

Black Clover episode 64 Fairly typical shonen fare.

Tokyo Ghoul: re episode 24 A fucken mess, but with moments of enjoyment overall. They couldn’t even be arsed to cover all of the epilogue though, and the entire final battle seemed half-cooked. (Complete. Hoo boy. Words can’t properly express my frustration with this season but most of my viewing journal entries should suffice. Not terrible but such a waste. Screw Studio Pierrot basically. Tokyo Ghoul Brotherhood pls) 3/5

Working’!! episodes 5-13 (Complete. A fun continuation for a fun franchise.) 3.5/5

Last edited:
Laid-Back Camp (Rewatch) episodes 6-12 (Complete) - Again still one of my favourite series. Good to end on some Christmas episodes as well! Hopefully we'll see some news for the upcoming projects next year. 10/10 as usual.
Screenshot_20181225-134604_Crunchyroll.jpgScreenshot_20181225-134610_Crunchyroll.jpgScreenshot_20181226-011253_Crunchyroll.jpgScreenshot_20181226-015601_Crunchyroll.jpgScreenshot_20181226-022843_Crunchyroll.jpg
This time I did notice problems concerning a drop in animation quality in episode 8. Having checked TV/BD comparisons, episode 8 seemed to have had the most changes so I'm very interested in seeing a proper release over here sometime (AL please!)

Scoopers

Something else I've been meaning to watch for ages and another 80s OVA that will get a review on the podcast in 2019. All I'll say for now it's another interesting example of the use of computer graphics in 80s anime.

Laid-Back Camp (Rewatch) episodes 6-12 (Complete) - Again still one of my favourite series. Good to end on some Christmas episodes as well! Hopefully we'll see some news for the upcoming projects next year. 10/10 as usual.
This time I did notice problems concerning a drop in animation quality in episode 8. Having checked TV/BD comparisons, episode 8 seemed to have had the most changes so I'm very interested in seeing a proper release over here sometime (AL please!)

No news from A Place Further than the Universe or laid-back camp, from the same season. It's quite disheartening.

Reminds me of waiting for yuru yuri news and never end up getting it..

No news from A Place Further than the Universe or laid-back camp, from the same season. It's quite disheartening.

Reminds me of waiting for yuru yuri news and never end up getting it..
I think the whole Funi/CR situation probably delayed things quite a bit for those two series since they'd probably want to dub them for release. I'd like to see them use the same Canadian studio they used for Kiznaiver if possible.

I think the whole Funi/CR situation probably delayed things quite a bit for those two series since they'd probably want to dub them for release. I'd like to see them use the same Canadian studio they used for Kiznaiver if possible.

I don't watch anime dubbed, can barely even tell dub quality apart as it's not my main language either way.

Back