SSSS.Gridman episode 12 (complete)
Aggretsuko Xmas Special
IRODOKU
episode 12
Goblin Slayer episode 11
Hero Mask episodes 1-7
Golden Kamyu episodes 1-2

Zombie Land Saga episode 12. (finished)
Rascal Does Not Dream Of Bunny Girl Senpai episode 12.
Senran Kagura: Shinovi Master episode 11.
Made In Abyss episodes 1-2.
Kill Me Baby episodes 1-2.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind ep11-12

I think Fugo is the last character from the main gang who needed an introduction? Wonder if we'll get Trish next.

Ghost in the Shell: Arise Border 2: Ghost Whispers

Again, this was completely fine; I quite like it. My impression is that Arise is a more lightweight GitS than we've had before, with less introspection and more things going boom, but I still find it both engaging and entertaining. I'm not sure how it might play if this was someone's first introduction to the series though. The characterisation might seem a bit lacking if you didn't already know who the characters are and how the show is gently playing with our expectations for how they should behave.

This also seems to be the extent of Netflix's licence. They only have parts one and two, so as much as it annoys me that you still can't get a four episode series in a single set (to say nothing of the bonus episodes from Alternative Architecture), I'll probably look at buying the rest after the holidays.

Momotaro: Sacred Sailors (Japanese audio) - Film
Spider & Tulip (Japanese audio) - Film

Remaining on-disc backlog (since the last update months ago lol):
TV Series
  • The Asterisk War
  • Claymore
  • Drifters
  • GATE (Season 2)
  • Gundam Reconguista in G
  • Higurashi: When They Cry
  • Higurashi: When They Cry Kai
  • Higurashi: When They Cry Rei
  • Lord Marksman and Vanadis
  • Love Live! Sunshine!!
  • March comes in like a Lion
  • Ouran High School Host Club
  • The Testament of Sister New Devil
  • The Testament of Sister New Devil BURST
Movies
  • The Anthem of the Heart
  • Beyond the Boundary -I'll Be Here- Movie 1: Past
  • Beyond the Boundary -I'll Be Here- Movie 2: Future
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion I – Initiation
  • Fireworks
  • Fuse: Memoirs of a Hunter Girl
  • In This Corner of the World
  • Lu Over the Wall
  • No Game No Life Zero
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt: December Sky
  • Napping Princess
  • The Night is Short, Walk on Girl
  • Psychic School Wars
  • Sword Art Online the Movie -Ordinal Scale-

Sword Art Online the Movie -Ordinal Scale- (Japanese audio) - Film
Sword Art Online the Movie -Ordinal Scale-: Sword Art OFFline (Japanese audio) - Special

Silica-1.gif

TV Series
  • The Asterisk War
  • Claymore
  • Drifters
  • GATE (Season 2)
  • Higurashi: When They Cry (Season 1)
  • Love Live! Sunshine!!
  • March comes in like a Lion (Season 1)
  • The Testament of Sister New Devil (Season 1)
Movies
  • Fireworks
  • Lu Over the Wall
  • Napping Princess
  • No Game No Life Zero
  • Napping Princess
  • The Night is Short, Walk on Girl
  • Psychic School Wars

Mob Psycho 100 eps 10-12
Battle with the recently revealed group of bads. And a set up for the next season as the head of the group is revealed.
Crazy OTT battles similar to Kill La Kill and similar writing to One Punch Man (obviously). Not quite as good as either, but still very much looking forward to season 2.
One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, Eeeeeeeeeight out of Ten*
*That would have worked better if I gave it niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine!

HIMOTE HOUSE ep 12 (complete)
Talk show looking back at the past 3 months.
Dispite the poor CGI I found this quite amusing especially at the improvisation parts, they obviously realised that these were the best bits too and cut back/out the scripted stuff.
7/10

Honda-san ep 12 (complete)
Merry Christmas Mr. Honda. And closing up shop, an appropriate final segment.
A very funny, some times hilarious, and informative show. I liked the designs of the main cast, although there was little animation to speak of.
8/10

Last edited:
Anima Yell! episode 12 A fun finale, I’m gonna miss this series. (Complete. A simple premise executed well with an energetic cast and an aura of positivity that made each week an anticipated viewing. I can appreciate an anime that is simple but also brings me great pleasure in watching in week. Anima Yell fit the bill perfectly.) 3.5/5

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations
episode 87 Sarada gets a chance to show off her combat skills.

Double Decker!: Doug & Kirill episode 13 Some heroic death that turned out to be. (Complete. A fun futuristic cop series that acts as a precursor to the world of Tiger and Bunny. It’s not a genre you see often nowadays in anime so I found it refreshing. The cliffhanger at the end was enjoyably silly as well.) 3.5/5

Skull-Face Bookseller Honda-San
episode 12 A Christmas special? Aw hell yeah. Plus the final segment was very fitting. (Complete. The surprise of the season for me. I didn’t think this would be as good as it is, but each week was a real joy and I loved the retail-based shorts and all the little jokes they put in throughout. The sad thing is that the series is half the length of a normal one, but a second season could remedy that...if only.) 4/5

Tsurune
episode 10 Whilst the moping this week was tedious at least the shrine scene was good, I really want those twins to fail in some way.

Tokyo Godfathers (Film) Satoshi Kon explores the theme of coincidences and pseudo-families in this festive film. Kon takes a different approach from his prior and subsequent works in that the narrative isn’t as dark or psychological, though the themes of death, childbirth and grief are still explored, though with a more humorous tone-the rooftop confrontation was appropriately somber however. This is another example of just how great a director Kon was, and I wish I had watched this film sooner. It makes for an unlikely Christmas classic.) 4/5

Also watched more Christmas-related programming and films as well, with today featuring viewings of Gremlins and Lethal Weapon (it counts right?😉)

Last edited:
Release the Spyce (English Dub) Episode 6—8

SSSS.Gridman (English Dub) Episode 11

Tada Never Falls in Love (English Dub) Episode 13 (Complete)
Quite an emotional final episode. The scene between Tada and Teresa was a really emotional scene. As for Ijuin, he deserves so much respect for the support he has gave Tada. That reunion scene was a unexpected, that final scene was beautiful. This was a really enjoyable series with a likeable cast of characters with a very familiar premise. 4/5

Anima Yell! Episode 12 (Complete)
A simple story premise directed quite well with a cast full of positive bubbly energy that made me looking foward to each anticipated weekly episode. I really do approve of an anime that is so simple going forward that it brings me a weekly viewing pleasure. 3.5/5

Fairy Tail Episode 289
I really like Mavis as a character, but her relationship with Zeref is so messed up especially with their pasts.

Himote House Episode 12 (Complete)
Looking back and talking about the past 3 months "talk show" style. I really liked this show despite the poor CGI. It was also quite obvious what they wanted in the best bits segment with what the added and cut out. I also really liked how the endings each week would randomly reference other shows. 3/5

Release the Spyce Episode 12 (Complete)
A fun series with a fun cast of characters about a group of high school girls who protect their city from evil using their unique skills. I found that the series premise was similar to that used in Princess Principal which I really liked. I also really like the relationship between the main cast of characters. 3.5/5

Skull-Face Bookseller Honda-san Episode 12 (Complete)
Very fitting titles for the final episode for at this time of year. A hilarious show and surprisingly informative which was a nice touch. I also liked the added jokes throughout. The character designs for the cast were good despite the lack of animation. This was definitely the surprise of the season for me. 4/5

Tsurune: Kazemai High School Archery Club Episode 10
Some more moping, and a shrine visit. I really wish someone would put the twins in their place ASAP.

Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc and the Alchemist Knight Episode 11

My viewing for the week of December 17th - 23rd consisted of

2018.12.17 - 2018.12.23.jpg

Burn Up Excess was a lot better than I expected it to be lol, for an anime with it's own "jiggle" counter it wasn't as fan service heavy as i expected it to be. This show made me care about a tank lol thats impressive.

Burn Up W, the psuedo-prequal to Excess I guess, although since it's never brought up I just view as an alternative view, its non ending hurts the short little ova but its a fun time killer.

Dragon Half was a fun little parody? show i guess lol, shame only 2 of its 4 episodes were ever made but i hadsome laughs with it. I'll probably pick up the manga froms even seas now.

Madox 01 is nothing special, it's a dumb little action ova thats about it lol

Riding Bean is a great little ova and i wish there was more of it, Bean is badass and deserved his owns eries, I hope the upcoming ova next year can revitilise interest in not only this but gunsmith cats too.

Sonic the Movie was the first anime i ever bought as a kid way back in 1999 when it was originally realeased on VHS, hell i still have that tape so this is a huge nostalgia trip for me, it's nowhere near as good as kid me thought it was lol but it's a passible little ova.

Sword for Stranger, otherwise known as the worst anime ever made apparently during the 90s lol.
i can see why it got that title lol, the plot makes no sense, it ends on a weird cliffhanger, it introduces a few characters into the movie who have no relevance at all and it has a surprising amount of unnecessary gratutious nudity for a 45 minute movie, i mean one scene sure but 5 of them is pushing it lol
it also looks like its building this big major plot in the background but we never get told of what it is and its never resolved lol
It's the worst of the bunch that i watched for this week.

Release the Spyce eps 11 & 12 (complete)
My musing from the end of episode 10 proved correct as we get a showdown between the Tsukikage girls and the bad guys.
Overall I enjoyed it very much. The action was very good and the soundtrack is great. I liked the character designs, especially when in their spy outfits. Some of the characters could have done with a bit more fleshing out, but the story mostly stuck to the spy stuff without going too SOL-y.
8/10

High Score Girl eps 1-6 (dub)
Here Comes A New Challenger!
A gentle elementary/middle school rom-com in a similar vain to Takagi-san with added nostalgia for those who remember their arcade games from the early 90s. There's a bit more of a story to it though and also a love triangle seems to be looming. The designs are similar-ish too, especially the male MC, but HSG has a CG look to it which is distracting.

Ms. Vampire ep 12 (complete)
Blood shortage and a long walk.
A cute SOL with cute characters. Nothing particularly happens in the way of an overarching plot, but unlike say Ms. Koizumi the characters are more likable and do grow, ever so slightly.
7/10

Hinamaru Sumo ep 12
Training in Nagoya.

Golden Kamuy s2 e12
Oh my god! That was eventful, so much went on I'm not sure who's on who's side and what peoples motivations are anymore apart from the obvious few. Sugimoto almost died on us! Must be way past his 9 lives by now!
A much tighter second season as the characters all had one place to aim for rather than trying to find random people in different places which meant the first season was a bit aimless at times. The art and animation was pretty much the same, as was the humour and the interesting Ainu information. Season 3 soon I hope, although not as soon as this was after the first. IIRC this was announced already before the first season.
8/10
I also gave the first season an 8 and although better I'll probably stick with the same for this one, but a higher 8 (damn I wish MAL scoring had a few more options to differentiate between close calls like this).

Die Hard
A Merry Yippee Ki-yay to all you mother f***ers! 🏢🎄💥🔫

Last edited:
Lu Over the Wall (Japanese audio) - Film

TV Series
  • The Asterisk War
  • Claymore
  • Drifters
  • GATE (Season 2)
  • Higurashi: When They Cry (Season 1)
  • Love Live! Sunshine!!
  • March comes in like a Lion (Season 1)
  • The Testament of Sister New Devil (Season 1)
Movies
  • Fireworks
  • Napping Princess
  • No Game No Life Zero