Your viewing journal

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime ep8-9

Yeah, this works better in groups of two than following it weekly.

Skull Face Bookseller Honda-san ep2-3

Double Decker ep6-8

While Double Decker would probably be my favourite of the season if Jojo weren't currently running, I might like it more if Deana & Max were the main characters, rather than Doug & Kirill.

Kaiba ep1

That was quite a thing. Story wise, it reminded me of the start of GE999, but the visuals are something else entirely. It strikes me as very French, for some reason.

Banana Fish episode 21 Killing because you have to, not because you want to.

Merc StoriA: The Apathetic Boy and the Girl who lives in a Bottle episode 8 Reminded me a bit of a Western musical. Also ababababa.

Zombieland Sagas episode 9 Biker girl conflicts.

Kurenai episodes 1-12 (Complete. An anime with an interesting juxtaposition between a growing relationship of a teenager and the young noble girl he looks after SoL style and the gangster action-thriller aspects. Unfortunately whilst the SoL stuff of a noble girl learning to appreciate normal living was nice, the main plot seemed a bit rushed, especially the ending. Strangely the fillery content proved to the better. All in all this was fine, but could have been a lot stronger.) 3/5

Macross Plus episodes 1-2

Last edited:
Merc Storia: The Apathetic Boy and the Girl in a Bottle Episode 8

Softenni Episode 1—12 + Specials (Complete) (Uncensored)
This was a fun show. An anime about 5 girls who enjoy playing tennis (but not the normal everday tennis). The show itself was an enjoyable watch with a fun cast of characters, also some funny comedy thrown in especially with all the hilarious innuendo's. The animation was good (early TLR style) but IMO it could have been better. Overall a fun show for the most part but I liked it. 3/5

Zombie Land Saga (Sub) Episode 9
Flashbacks and Saki's backstory is revealed. Talk about going out in a blaze of glory.....well sort of, but all for the wrong reasons.

Fullmetal Alchemist(2003,Subbed): episodes 33-44 Really enjoying this how it diverges from and seeing the differences between this version and that of the manga/FMA:B.Love what the anime staff did with this. What they did with the Homunculus is really interesting.

Zombie land SAGA(Subbed)- episode 9

Zombie Land Saga episode 9 - Best girl gets her own episode

Holmes of Kyoto episodes 11-12 (Complete) - I don't really have any strong feelings about this series. It's good if you want something chill to pass the time but it feels kinda average. At least the investigations were interesting. 6/10

After the Rain episodes 1-3 - Another one from the backlog. Pretty fun characters and art direction so far.

Hi-Speed Jecy - Episodes 7 - 12 [Final]

Hi-Speed Jecy has been one of the best anime I've watched in the last few years. Thrilling and action packed with great characters and it is a really good looking OVA.

Goblin Slayer - Episodes 1-4 (dub)

Finally got to this hotly discussed show or first episode more accurately.

Yes I see and recognise problems with how 'that scene' was handled. Not the first anime I've seem that been tactless in that way.

The rest of the show though, considerably lighter in tone by comparison, does have an endearing quality in its titular character. Even if this show devolves into a waifu-harem show that most modern isekai eventually become, Goblin Slayer's personality could make things more tolerable.

Also love the casting of Braf Hawkins as Goblin Slayer. Some know him as Doomguy's mo-cap actor, others as the lead in VR Troopers. I though remember him as the guy who very briefly voiced the Gold Ranger in Power Rangers Zeo during fight scenes (and was actually going to play him in person before casting changed their minds).

Fullmetal Alchemist (2003,subbed): Episodes 45-51 (COMPLETE) - Really enjoyed what you could consider the alternative take on the FMA universe. 8/10 Changed my mind while obviously not as polished as FMA: B still think it deserves an 8.5/10 out of ten which I've rounded upto 9 on MAL.Loved it a lot.

The movie however that acts as the conclusion I have fairly mixed feelings on
Fullmetal Alchemist: The Conqueror of Shamballa: (Subbed)
Quite enjoyable the animation was mostly nice with the exception of the CGI armour. But it was overall fairly meh and the ending was kinda urgh what?and left a bad taste in mouth. Overall 5/10(being generous.)

A Certain Magical Index III episode 9 That fight was pretty underwhelming. The animation felt a bit lacklustre too. Touma and Mikasa’s conversation was neat though.

IRODUKU: The World in Colours episode 9 Some romantic developments (and cliches too.) Probably the first episode I didn’t like that much, hope this is a one-off feeling.

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure Part 5: Golden Wind episode 9 Guarding the boss’s daughter whilst waking up feeling so horny.

Ms. Vampire who lives in my Neighbourhood episode 9 Culture festival antics and a hungry new vampire-hunting friend(?)

Macross Plus episodes 3-4 (Complete. A solid sci-fi story with some great visuals, an always impressive score by Yoko Kanno and a plot that combines mecha, idols, AI, childhood rivalries and even a love triangle. Plus Bryan Cranston/Lee Stone and Richard Epcar played the leads in the dub and do a fine job in the process.) 3.5/5

Police Story II (Film) A direct sequel to the original. Though it has less massive set pieces than its predecessor the plot and humour feel a lot tighter here. It’s clear that Jackie Chan’s directing is improving from film to film and it makes for a strong sequel overall. Now Eureka can we get the rest of the films as well please?! 4/5

Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt: December Sky (Film) Fittingly the first anime entry for December. To quote Barry Bee Benson “Ya like Jazz?” If you do then this is the Gundam for you. The plot itself follows some familiar story beats but the incorporation of a jazzy soundtrack helps it to stand out amongst the many other Gundam entries. Here’s hoping we don’t have to wait too long for Bandit Flower. 4/5

Bloom Into You (English Dub) Episode 6

Release the Spyce (English Dub) Episode 1

Tada Never Falls in Love (English Dub) Episode 9

A Certain Magical Index III Episode 9
The fight was slightly disappointing. I really liked the conersation between Mikoto and Touma.

Asobi Asobase Special Episode 1

Bloom Into You Episode 9
Sports Festival Day! Great fun. Some mojor character devolpment for Yuu and Touko. That store room scene tho.

Boarding School Juliet Episode 9
Deciding on a present for the one you love is always a challenge.

IRODUKU: The World in Colors Episode 9
Finally some romantic revelations and developments (along with a few typical cliches) as well.

Ms. Vampire Who Lives in My Neighbourhood Episode 9
Spending the day at the Culture Festival. Meeting an enemy of the Vampire...well sort of. Plus a trip to the Hot Springs.

Senran Kagura Shinovi Master -Tokyo Youma Chapter- Episode 8 (Uncensored)
Fubuki's master plan begins.

UzaMaid! Episode 9
Looking for a lost pet. Lets all have a Snowball Fight.

Back