Your viewing journal

Fairy Tail: Final Season episode 285 A good old exposition dump.

Goblin Slayer episode 8 That’s some resurrection technique.

Radiant episode 8 They haven’t even adapted up to chapter 6 yet and there’s been two filler episodes. Hopefully this is the last or I might drop this.

SSSS.Gridman episode 8 Rikka finally realised what a tool she is and actually acknowledges that Yuta was right.

Doctor Who: The Five Doctors The 20th anniversary special that somehow managed to juggle five(ish) doctors, several companions and classic monsters and some timelord mythology. Terrance Dicks’ script is impressive considering what he was tasked with. I have fond memories of this because it was one of the first serials I ever owned on DVD.

Gintama’: Enchousen episodes 262-265 (Complete. An enjoyable doppelgänger-centric arc with some memorable setpieces as well as other stories that feature the signature Gintama charm.) 4/5

Golden Kamuy episodes 1-6

Last edited:
Conception: Please Give Birth to My Child! (English Dub) Episode 5

Goblin Slayer (English Dub) Episode 5

Radiant (English Dub) Episode 5

Senran Kagura Shinovi Master -Tokyo Youma Chapter- (English Dub) Episode 4 (Uncensored)

SSSS.Gridman (English Dub) Episode 7

Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc and the Alchemist Knight (English Dub) Episode 5

A Certain Magical Index III Episode 8

Fairy Tail Episode 285
A good old fashioned "Dropped a Bomb".

Goblin Slayer Episode 8
WTF was that creature. It sort of looks like sauron's eye from LotR that has been bred with something from Berserk.

Operation Han-Gyaku-Sei Million Arthur (Sub) Episode 5

Radiant Episode 8
Seth gets a tough lesson on magic and true power.

Release the Spyce Episode 8
😱 (Screaming loudly) WHY, Of all things for it to have been, I F*****G hate Snakes.

SSSS.Gridman Episode 8
Another part of Akane's twisted personality is revealed, Gridman gains a "Megazord" form and Rikka realises just how much in denial she was and accepts that Yuta was correct all along.

Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 8
Quite the impressive fight. Those seniors though doing what they did to Kirito, what a pair of D*ck heads.

Hi-Speed Jecy - Episodes 1 - 6

The first half of Hi-Speed Jecy has been absolutely fantastic, another 80s OVA I've long been meaning to get round to, it does everything an sci-fi action should do and does it really well.

Goblin Slayer Episode 8
SSSS.Gridman Episode 8
Code Geass 1-25 (complete)
I've tried to watch Code Geass about three times previusly and for whatever reason could never get further than episode 3. I decided to give it another go yesterday and watched it through so I suppose something clicked this time. Was good, but is the second season available for streaming in the UK? I read ages ago that Netflix had it.

Goblin Slayer Episode 8
WTF was that creature. It sort of looks like sauron's eye from LotR that has been bred with something from Berserk.
It was a beholder

Forest of Piano eps 10-12
Tournament arc! This last segment has lots of Chopin and characters commentating on the playing of the pieces in a pretentious terms which just left me a little cold. To me, it doesn't sound like a forest or whatever it's just someone playing a piece on a piano and for all I know it's really the same guy playing everybody's part (I looked up the soundtrack and it was different people playing per different character, which is good I guess).
The most obvious comparison to this is Your Lie in April, but this didn't have that excellent central relationship or that gut punch at the end! The central relationship in this was OK, but lost its way after the time skip and because it was a different kind of relationship obviously didn't have the romantic undertones. The animation wasn't as good either, especially that CG 🤮
6/10

Boarding School Juliet ep 8
We meet a couple more female characters who will undoubtedly try to divert Inuzuka's eyes away from Persia.

Karakuri Circus ep 7
After the exposition and left turn of the last episode, this one was much better. Some excellent action in the first half and a new fun character introduced in the second half.

Banana Fish ep 20
This seems to be going round in circles now. Capture, escape, capture, escape, ad infinitum! The initial McGuffin seems to have been completely forgotten.

IRODUKU ep 8
Kohaku trys hard to help Hitomi on 2 fronts.

Bloom Into You (English Dub) Episode 2—5

Zombie Land Saga (English Dub) Episode 5

Anima Yell! Episode 8
Another cheering request and a new member joins the team.

Himote House Episode 8
I know that feeling "Waking up the morning after with no memory of the night before". Drinking parties are fun, but the Hangover is a B*tch. The Girl Who Leapt Through Time themed ending this week.

Skull-Face Bookseller Honda-san Episode 8
Ah yes, dealing with all kinds of people is frustrating especially when it comes to overcoming the language barrier and having to deal with annoying children.

Tsurune: Kazemai High School Archery Club Episode 6
A flash back and some backstory. Team bickering before a tournament, never a good idea. Next week is going to be interesting.

Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc and the Alchemist Knight Episode 8

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind ep6-7

It feels like the plot won't be going anywhere much for a while yet, as we've only seen 3 of the 6 stands teased in the ED, but if it's all as good as this, they can take their time. Mistah is my new favourite character though, his duel with Kraftwerk was quite special. How can you not love a guy who whips out a tiny dining table and proceeds to feed his bullets salami for lunch?

Iria: Zeiram the Animation ep5-6 [complete]

Got a bit stuck with Iria for a while, but I think my mistake may have been watching the English dub. The cast is well matched to their characters, but they fail to really get the right emotions across at a couple of important places and that really dragged the show down for me. When I realised how much better it plays in Japanese, I actually went back and rewatched some of the earlier episodes.

Overall though, it's a very enjoyable OAV. While it relies a bit heavily on genre tropes at times, I think it handles its action scenes well and it's much elevated by both the distinctive world design and excellent musical score. It's a shame there was never any more anime - Iria is a very likeable main character - but I'm definitely interested in checking out the two live-action films.

Anima Yell! episode 8 Ushiku is finally properly introduced and thankfully isn’t too much of a tsundere.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 83 You’d think that after all the Zetsu shenanigans that Ohnoki would know not to dabble in artificial soldiers.

Double Decker!: Doug & Kirill episode 10 Kirill makes a good bride.

Skull-Face Bookseller Honda-San episode 8 A customer refuses online shipping and I’m pretty sure Crunchyroll botched the subtitles at one point here.

Tsurune episode 6 The twins are asshats likely set up to be beaten by the MC. Elsewhere seeing the archery team hanging around outside of lessons was neat.

Golden Kamuy episodes 7-12 (Complete. A quirky, fun and refreshing story with a nice winter backdrop which isn’t often seen in anime. Completely missed this one when it was airing so I’m finally catching up with it now. Also Kudos to the dub for having Ian Sinclair as the lead, his voice is superb as always.) 4/5

Golden Kamuy 2nd Season (Dub) episodes 13-16 Up to date and this is suitably quirky as well. Really liking this series.

Hinako Note episodes 1-3

Last edited:
Double post, but...

Kiss Him, Not Me eps 8–12 (complete)
I enjoyed this enough without it ever setting the world alight. A recommendation from a workmate.

Food Wars eps 8–19
This is much more my cup of the proverbial, though. Consistently enjoyable stuff.

Batman Ninja
@D1tchd1gger's earlier post on this very much echoes my own thoughts overall. For me personally, though, it being from the pen of Gurren Lagann and Kill la Kill writer Kazuki Nakashima — and having Kouichi Yamadera in the lead voice role — I was admittedly rather predisposed to enjoy it. And I did. :p

There are probably just about enough ideas in here to make a pair of films; the segment with the Joker's amnesia in particular was very bold with its stark shift in art style, and there are so many clever design flourishes to spot. I love the character designs too, and even as someone with little familiarity with the Batman universe, I thought this was an excellent production — even if it does become a bit too OTT by the end! 😅

Mind Game
All together now: "What in the hell did I just watch?"

Never. Again. Ever.

Last edited:
Release the Spyce eps 7 & 8
The green red eyed monster rears it ugly head and then the group follow up a lead.

Ms. Vampire ep 8
Do your summer homework early kids! Plus a trip to Akihabara.

Hinamaru Sumo ep 8
The next 2 bouts in the final. Both are tight affairs with each team winning a bout to leave it tied at 2 a piece.

Goblin Slayer ep 8
GS-san is starting to show a bit more of a human side.
Nice nod to The Hobbit:
rs6TB3C.gif
As is the title of the next episode.

SAO: Alicization ep 8
Kirito always has the ladies swooning. First his senpai with his sword skills and now his kouhai.

Bloom into You eps 7 & 8
These 2 went together well with Sayaka's backstory in 7 getting a pay-off in 8 when she blew off the "friend" that toyed with her heart in Middle School, but also the jealousy of Yuu verging on Yandere territory was, seemingly, resolved with a heart to heart and some teamwork in the relay training.

The Breadwinner
A moving and thought-provoking film set in Afghanistan about a girl who has to pretend to be a boy to support her family when her father is imprisoned by the Taliban.

A Certain Magical Index III episode 8 Crunchyroll finally got the subs. Some attempts to avenge Touma this episode.

Doctor Who: Remembrance of the Daleks Possibly the best dalek story of the classic era, plus it’s one of my favourite Doctor’s best stories so I can’t complain here! Another serial I owned early on in my DW fandom.

Hinako Note episodes 4-12 (Complete. A perfectly fine if unremarkable SoL. It’s one that likely won’t leave much of an impact but was comfy whilst it lasted.) 3/5

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Episode 9
Another very good episode. The scene inside the hut was pretty amusing. The confrontation against the Ogres was pretty good but even still, Damn Rimuru... learn some self control.

The Girl in Twilight Episode 9
The showdown against the Twilight King begins.

Last edited:
Back