Your viewing journal

Fairy Tail (English Dub) Episode 281

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime (English Dub) Episode 5

Zombie Land Saga (English Dub) Episode 4

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime (Sub) Episode 8
Another really good episode. Poor shizu for her to suffer and go through so much like that just to gain acceptance, it's no wonder her story was so powerfully emotional.

The Girl in Twilight (Sub) Episode 8
Pretty decent episode. I'm really liking the bonding moments between the two Asuka's.

Ep 7 of Hinomaru Sumo
Ep 7 of Gakuen Basara
Ep 9 of Double Decker! Doug & Kirill...wonder who Kirill's grandfather is?
Ep 7 of Dakaretai Otoko 1-i ni Odosarete Imasu

Space Battleship Tiramasu: Zwei Episode 7
Still not as good as the first season but enjoyable all the same.

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Episode 7
This is quite light and comedic and I enjoy it, but the OP and ED is spoilerific and for me at least has spoilt the series. No surprises at the end of this episode. That could've been a shock revelation but it was a bit of a "oh it took long enough". Now we're waiting for the other characters in the OP/ED animation to turn up (also the one we're led to believe is dead is in the OP/ED far too much to bow out at episode 7).
All the episodes up until now could quite easily be condensed into maybe four episodes without losing anything. At two cours it just feels like this has been spoilt and it'll start to drag soon.

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Episode 7
This is quite light and comedic and I enjoy it, but the OP and ED is spoilerific and for me at least has spoilt the series. No surprises at the end of this episode. That could've been a shock revelation but it was a bit of a "oh it took long enough". Now we're waiting for the other characters in the OP/ED animation to turn up (also the one we're led to believe is dead is in the OP/ED far too much to bow out at episode 7).
All the episodes up until now could quite easily be condensed into maybe four episodes without losing anything. At two cours it just feels like this has been spoilt and it'll start to drag soon.

Im really enjoying Slime but I do agree they could do with picking up the pace a bit, this episode in particular could have done with being trimmed. LN readers are happy with its pace but as an anime viewer I do hope we get to the good stuff before the end of the show.

Goblin Slayer episode 7.
Ulysses: Jeanne d`Arc And The Alchemist Knight episode 7.
Release The Spyce episode 7.
Senran Kagura: Shinovi Master episode 6.

Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc ep 7
Power politics within Montmorency's family.

Tsurune ep 5
Team bonding and oh look a reason for the boys to get their kit off!

HIMOTE HOUSE ep 7
That was hilarious. The Yuri version of Game of Life sure is different to the version I've played. I'm not sure, but the makers may, possibly, be trying to say something with this episode 😉

Honda-san ep 7
This went quite meta, it turns out Honda-san is the mangaka of the very show he's starring in! I knew the real mangaka used to work in a bookstore. This makes me think he may have started the manga whilst still in the job.

Amanchu! (Sub) Episode 1—6 (Blu-ray)
I'm really liking this, pretty good so far.

Conception: Please Give Birth to My Child! (Sub) Episode 7
OMG those bread shapes and designs, to think they would go that far.

Jingai-san no Yome (Sub) Episode 8

Love & Lies (Sub) Episode 7—12 (Complete) (Blu-ray)
A pretty decent show. The series itself isn't anything spectacular but it does have it's moments. The characters themselves are really likeable especially the three MC's and their relationships with each other. The only negative imo about the show is how the marriage partners are selected and assigned by the government. The show itself looks really nice with the art and animation provided by Liden Films. 3/5

Ace Attorney 2nd Season (Dub) episode 28 yet more revelations come to light.

Black Clover episode 59 Asta fails to copy Naruto’s Talk-no-jutsu.

Jingai-San no Yome episode 8 Even this had a sports festival episode.

Run with the Wind episode 8 Recuitment drives and online shopping.

Tokyo Ghoul: re 2nd Season episode 7 Well 125 was actually adapted (it’s Pierrot so it’s still lacklustre but hey ho) and the romance, though rushed like everything else in this series wasn’t all that bad-the song used however was too on the nose methinks.

In terms of differences from the manga they changed some details from the cafe confrontation-mainly a character who was also trying to take down Kaneki alongside Mutsuki. It appears the origins for Dragon Rize as shown in a brief scene have also been altered so I’m guessing the explanation for it in the final arc will be rather different here.

Gintama’ Season Five episodes 208, 210-214

Last edited:
The Girl in The Twilight episode 8

Run With The Wind episode 8
This is getting a tad generic now. See what happens but I don't think it needed to be two cours.

Jingae-san no Yome (on hold)
I didn't watch this weeks episode but I've decided to just put it on hold for a few weeks and watch the rest through with the finale.

I haven't watched any of the Manga Force Collection titles for a while, so:
Baldr Force Exe OVA 1-4 (dub)
I've had an idea in my head for a while for a story where an entity within a virtual world starts killing the avatars of people within which in turn kills the people in the real world. Well it's already been done! Although from that initial framework my idea goes in a different way, for example having mech suits inside the virtual world seemed a bit weird to me (especially when done in CG like this, people who complain about CG nowadays need to watch some of these older shows!)
The story itself was quite interesting, but due to it short runtime none of the characters got any development at all and we're all tropey. All the character designs were also generic and very reminiscent of the time. The fight scenes weren't that memorable either, apart from one because it unfortunately turned into a weird rape scene!
6/10

DSC_1780.JPG

Guide to the whether it's a 1st time watch or re-watch: (r) = Re-watch; (x) = First time; (w) = Watched in the last year; (?) = Honestly can't remember!; (na) = Not anime.

Afro Samurai Directors Cut (r)
Afro Samurai Resurrection (?)
Akira (w) Don't own the MFC version
Appleseed (r)
Armageddon (x)
Astroboy: Greatest Astro Adventures (x)
Baldr Force Exe (x)
Blood: The Last Vampire (r)
Black Blood Brothers (x)
Black Jack (x)
Bubblegum Crash (x)
Casshan: Robot Hunter (x)
Danté's Inferno (na)
Dead Leaves (x)
Dead Space: Downfall (na)
Ghost in the Shell (w)
GitS: Innocence (w)
GitS SAC: Laughing Man (x)
GitS SAC: Individual Eleven (x)
GitS SAC: Solid State Society (r)
Golgo 13: The Professional (r)
Heat Guy J (r)
Hellsing Ultimate Vols 1-4 (x)
Highlander: The Search for Vengeance (r)
Ichi (na)
Jyu-Oh-Sei (x)
Kai Doh Maru (r)
Karas: The Prophecy/Revelation (x)
Lupin the III: The Secret of Mamo (x)
Macross Plus (r)
Macross Plus the Movie (x)
Millennium Actress (r)
Naruto the Movie: 1 & 2 (x)
Negima!? Spring & Summer OVAs (x)
Neon Genesis Evangelion Death & Rebirth (r)
NGE End of Evangelion (r)
Ninja Scroll (r)
Noein: To Your Other Self (x)
Orguss 2 (x)
Origin: Spirits of the Past (r)
Otogi Zoshi (r)
Perfect Blue (w)
Psychic Wars (x)
Read or Die (r)
She: The Ultimate Weapon (r)
Shigurui: Death Frenzy (x)
Space Adventure Cobra (x)
Strait Jacket (x)
Street Fighter: Alpha (x)
Street Fighter: Alpha Generations (x)
Street Fighter: II (x)
Submarine 707 Revolution (x)
Sword for Truth (x)
Tactics (x)
Tokko (r)
Tokyo Underground (r)
Urotsukidōji: Legend of the Overfiend (r)
Urotsukidōji: Legend of the Demon Womb (r)
Vampire Wars (x)
Virus: Virus Buster Serge (x)
X (x)

Now back to catching up with shows from previous seasons:
Forest of Piano eps 1-6 (dub)
I thought this was going to be a bit more supernatural with talk of a piano in the forest that only Kai, the MC, can play, but that part's never really explained and just serves as a way for Kai and Shuhei to have their first interaction. So it's really about Kai finding out why he likes playing piano and deciding what to do with that knowledge. These first 6 episodes are when he's in elementary school and 7 starts after a time skip. I like parts of it, but other things drag it down, so I'm really not sure what to make of it yet.
The interactions between characters are a bit weird, Kai calls his mum by her first name! Also there's a character introduced early on and they seem to hate each other instantly, but then suddenly there's a 180 and they both really root for each other!
The character art can also be a bit weird and having said what I said above about CG, if it's done bad today it still sticks out a mile. Every time Kai plays the piano and you see his hands on the keyboard they use CG, but when you don't they switch back which is really jarring. There's 2 shots virtually the same apart from a slightly different angle which are put together with a wipe, but ones CG and the other not! Just very weird. And it's not like the CG sticks out because it's a bit shinier it's also just bad, with the body parts looking anatomically incorrect (too skinny and bending at odd angles)!

Bohemian Rhapsody
We Are the Champions!

Zombieland Saga ep5-6

So a lightning strike makes you sing like a vocaloid?

Seitokai Yakuindomo ep1

Having been vaguely aware of this series, but dismissing it for looking a bit generic, I enjoyed that far more than I was expecting to - it's actually pretty funny. Genuinely surprised this first season never seems to have been licensed.

Rascal does not dream of Bunny Girl Senpai episode 8 Another satisfying arc.

RErideD: Derrida who Leaps through Time episode 12 (Complete. This was a series that had its moments and good ideas but overall just felt very average to me. It could have been a lot stronger, but wasn’t a total waste of time as it did pick up somewhat towards the end.) 3/5

Gintama’ Season Five episodes 215-227

Back