Your viewing journal

Attack on Titan Season 3 (English Dub) Episode 9

SSSS.Gridman (English Dub) Episode 3

Anima Yell! (Sub) Episode 3
Another cute episode. Studying for tests. Getting a club room. Helping out your classmate with their crush.

Fairy Tail (Sub) Episode 280

Himote House (Sub) Episode 3
A pretty decent episode. Slightly better CGI this week. These ending skits are really entertaining. I'm really liking the randomly themed endings. Slayers themed this week.

Skull-Face Bookseller Honda-san (Sub) Episode 3
Another hilarious episode. I'm really glad I didn't drop this series, definitely going to continue with it.

Tsurune: Kazemai High School Archery Club (Sub) Episode 1
A decent first episode. Looks like this is going to be a interesting series. And once again KyoAni give us another good looking show, as expected.

Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc and the Alchemist Knight (Sub) Episode 3
Remembering your childhood promise.

Re-watching: Wolfs Rain(Japanese Audio/Sub), Blu-ray : Episodes 1-3.
Decided to rewatch Wolfs Rain, this being my third time,second time subbed(last time I watched Dubbed and the Dub is fantastic.). Just love the animation and art,the wolves are just gorgeous to look at,the realism is just ♥.

Anima Yell! episode 3 I kinda feel like somebody’s watching me-and they should join the club already.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 78 Another good episode though I’m noticing a trend of most of the non main cast ninjas being absolute jobbers. What are they teaching these folks?

Double Decker!: Doug & Kirill episode 5 More sweet cars and a nice balance between humour and serious plot.

Fairy Tail: Final Season episode 280 Good old Gray going Sasuke on Juvia, maybe he doesn’t like yanderes.

Skull-Face Bookseller Honda-San episode 3 The manager is ruthless. Loved the plague doctor mask wearer too.

Tsurune episode 1 Nice animation to a plot I hope isn’t too predictable.

31 Days of Halloween Day #21: Phantasm III: Lord of the Dead (1994, Don Coscarelli) Another entry into the Tall Man and his spheres saga. What I like about these films is how they’ve kept most of the same characters and actors from film to film. Makes a nice change from typical horror sequels that have a revolving door of victims ripe for the killing. This is pretty whacky but in an enjoyable sense, and was a worthy entry into the franchise. 3.5/5

Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars episodes 8-17

Bloom into You episode 3

Ms Vampire who lives in my neighborhood episode 3 - Yeah I'm dropping this one. I gave it the three episode rule and it's just alright I guess.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind episode 3

Last edited:
At Scotland Loves Anime Edinburgh:

Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt - December Sky

I've seen this a few times now and I still think it's a great short Gundam story.

Jin-Roh The Wolf Brigade

I really enjoyed seeing this again having not seen it in a few years, definitely made for the big screen.

Tsurune ep 1
A bit clichéd: dead parent check, used to participate in club activity show based on, but doesn't any more because of some hang up check. I thought they might have gone with, "but we need you to make up the numbers to make the club official", but they seemed to be covered on that aspect. Very pretty as expected, but there was the occasional OTT flourish.

Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc and the Alchemist Knight ep 3
Very not true to history! I sort of want to keep watching, in a car crash type of way.

HIMOTE HOUSE ep 3
More speed dating and modern Feng-Shui.

Skull-face Bookseller Honda-san ep 3
Interesting stuff about publishers trying to sell their books. The French guy is the publisher behind Radiant, one of this seasons anime. I found an interview with him (Google translate seemed to do an OK job with it): Exportation : Frédéric, champion d’Europe – ZOOM Japon
Also how could we forget that famous Shoujo manga Berserk! 😂

Golden Kamuy s2 e3
Usual mix of action, comedy and survival tips. Hinna! Hinna!

Wolfs Rain(Japanese Audio/Subbed,Re-watching, Blu-ray)- Episodes 4-6
Digimon Tamers(Re-watching,but first time English Dubbed,DVD)- Episodes 1-3
Princess Mononoke(Re-watched,Dubbed,DVD)

Revue Starlight (English Dub) Episode 11—12 (Complete)
A decent show. A series that had it's serious moments throughout and the characters are likable. The stage battles were pretty good. A nice change from the norm that we get. 2.5/5

Tada Never Falls in Love (English Dub) Episode 3—4

My Sister, My Writer (Sub) Episode 1 (Uncensored)

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime (Sub) Episode 4
Best episode so far IMO. Meeting and helping the Dwarves. OMG, those scenes with the Elf's, just how lucky can he get.

The Girl in Twilight (Sub) Episode 4
Another world, and another set of doppelgangers. I wasn't expecting a "Wild West" themed episode, that was a nice surprise. A good episode tho.

31 Days of Halloween Day #22: The Driller Killer (1979, Abel Ferrara) A gritty slasher starring the director himself playing a disgruntled artist who loses his mind and starts stalking the streets with a drill to..well you can work it out. Elsewhere there’s a new wave band next door who wade in and out of the film with their punky sound. Overall a dingy but enjoyable entry into my 31 days challenge. 3.5/5

Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars episodes 18-26 (Complete. A slow burn anime that takes its time to build up a likeable cast, whilst the story itself takes time to get going. Once it does it’s all quite interesting, but it feels like the series could have done with being a bit condensed. That being said Shingu has a quiet quality to it, and acts as a nice hybrid of SoL and science fiction.) 4/5

Tokyo Ghoul:re Season 2 episode 3 - I'm starting to think it's best to approach this as a series of recap episodes

Golden Kamuy Season 2 episode 3

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime episode 4

Black Clover episode 55 Animation looked pretty bad this week. Episode itself was alright I suppose.

Jingai-San no Yome episode 4 I’m still not sure what to make of this series, but it’s short and cute so I’m sticking with it.

Run with the Wind episode 4 Hooray a salty rival character. Love the permanently exhausted guy just calling bullsh*t on everything though-best part of the series so far.

Tokyo Ghoul: re 2nd Season episode 3 Holy hell that felt like I skim read the entire Rushima section of the story. They squeezed so much content and what should have been impressive fights into this episode. The arc could have been around four or five episodes if paced properly. They’re including most of the key stuff, but covering it so quickly that it feels so impactless.

31 Days of Halloween Day #23: The Cat o’ Nine Tails (1971, Dario Argento) Another giallo thriller from one of my favourite directors, this was a decent but remarkable film, one that even Argento himself wasn’t entirely satisfied with. The score by Ennio Morricone was typically good as well. Overall one of the weaker Argento entries, but still well directed regardless. 3.5/5

Shirobako episodes 1-9

Attack On Titan (dub) - Episode 46

Made In Abyss (dub) - Episode 1

Really nice looking show, the episode only really sets the scene rather than delve into the meat of the plot but I'll stay with it given the reputation.

Back