Your viewing journal

Cells at Work episode 7 Tackling a sensitive theme this week. They handled it pretty well with some impressive action scenes.

Music Girls episode 7 The episode opening with tentacles raised some eyebrows, otherwise this episode was fan-service with some drama put in to the second half focusing on this weeks girl. That ending was really crap though, if they go down the route I think they'll go then I'll be disappointed. Hopefully I'm proved wrong.

My Hero Academia 3rd Season episode 57 As the arc reaches its climax they decide that next weeks episode will be anime only to tie into the film. It's awkward placing really and should have come after the arc was resolved.

Persona 5 The Animaton episode 20 Solid animation this week as they cover the worst part of the game to about the standard the game had (which wasn't very high tbh.) Liked the scene with Ren and Chihaya though.

Orange episodes 1-13 (Complete. A fascinating drama with a cool use of time-travel elements that delves into serious topics and kept me engaged- asides the brief hand-holding dilemma had me scratching my head.

Other than that though it was an enjoyable anime that had a warm tone, even if it did edge towards being overly dramatic at times. It did manage to make these moment work for the most part however, which I appreciate in these sort of stories. It also has one of the best wingmen in anime with Suwa, what a guy.) 4/5

Cells at Work episode 7 Tackling a sensitive theme this week. They handled it pretty well with some impressive action scenes.

Music Girls episode 7 The episode opening with tentacles raised some eyebrows, otherwise this episode was fan-service with some drama put in to the second half focusing on this weeks girl. That ending was really crap though, if they go down the route I think they'll go then I'll be disappointed. Hopefully I'm proved wrong.

My Hero Academia 3rd Season episode 57 As the arc reaches its climax they decide that next weeks episode will be anime only to tie into the film. It's awkward placing really and should have come after the arc was resolved.

Persona 5 The Animaton episode 20 Solid animation this week as they cover the worst part of the game to about the standard the game had (which wasn't very high tbh.) Liked the scene with Ren and Chihaya though.

Orange episodes 1-13 (Complete. A fascinating drama with a cool use of time-travel elements that delves into serious topics and kept me engaged- asides the brief hand-holding dilemma had me scratching my head.

Other than that though it was an enjoyable anime that had a warm tone, even if it did edge towards being overly dramatic at times. It did manage to make these moment work for the most part however, which I appreciate in these sort of stories. It also has one of the best wingmen in anime with Suwa, what a guy.) 4/5
The MHA filler is film tie in yay even more reason to despise it....

ISLAND (Dub) Episode 5

My Hero Academia Season 3 (Dub) Episode 17

The Master of Ragnarok and Blesser of Einherjar (Dub) Episode 4

Miss caretaker of Sunohara-sou (Sub) Episode 7

Music Girls (Sub) Episode 7
The entire opening scene with the tentacles really caught me off guard but other than that it was nothing but fan-service for the first half with some drama thrown in for the second. After that crappy ending, I just hope that they sort out their current situation quickly otherwise they will go down a certain route that I'm thinking of and I'll definitely be disappointed.

Revue Starlight (Sub) Episode 6

The Master of Ragnarok and Blesser of Einherjar (Sub) Episode 7

Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs (Sub) Episode 6
The entire second half of this ep was pretty funny which nearly had me busting a gut.

Music Girls (Sub) Episode 7
The entire opening scene with the tentacles really caught me off guard but other than that it was nothing but fan-service for the first half with some drama thrown in for the second. After that crappy ending, I just hope that they sort out their current situation quickly otherwise they will go down a certain route that I'm thinking of and I'll definitely be disappointed.
😵😵😵

Katana Maidens ~ Toji No Miko eps 22-24 (complete)
I enjoyed this quite a lot. The story was interesting, at first I thought it would be a sort of monster of the week show after the intro told us about the world, but after the first episode had finished introducing us to the main characters there was a twist. It had a very big overall cast, probably too big, so got a bit confusing at times though.

Art wise the character designs are great, but some of the background stuff was a bit up and down. Animation wise most of the fights were also great and used CG well for the choreography, but occasionally it suffered from the usual problem of standing out too much.

Overall, really good, but with a bit of polish and tightening up it could have been better.
7/10

Black Butler (English dub) - Episodes 1-6

Going to try and get through as much as my on-disc backlog as I can before I move to my new job. I'll be skipping out on the ef anime series since I want to finish the visual novel first. In the meantime that just leaves me with these lot to watch.
Two cour shows:
  • Black Butler Season 1
  • Claymore
  • Gundam Reconguista in G
  • Ouran High School Host Club
  • Outlaw Star
One cour shows:
  • Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash
  • Lord Marksman and Vanadis
  • Love Live! Sunshine!! Season 1
  • Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun
  • Rokka -Braves of the Six Flowers-
  • Spice & Wolf Season 1
  • Spice & Wolf Season 2
Movies:
  • 009 Re:Cyborg
  • The Anthem of the Heart
  • Beyond the Boundary -I'll Be Here- Part 1
  • Beyond the Boundary -I'll Be Here- Part 2
  • The Case of Hana & Alice
  • Children Who Chase Lost Voices
  • Gurren Lagann: Childhood's End
  • Gurren Lagann: Lights in the Sky are Stars
  • In This Corner of the World
  • Mai Mai Miracle
  • Mobile Suit Gundam the Origin OVA 1
  • Mobile Suit Gundam the Origin OVA 2
  • Mobile Suit Gundam the Origin OVA 3
  • Mobile Suit Gundam the Origin OVA 4
  • Psychic School Wars
  • Sword Art Online Extra Edition

Watched the latest dubisodes of:
How not to summon a demon lord
lord of vermillion
Kakuriyo
Island
The master of ragnarok etc etc.

I can’t believe just how poor the master of ragnarok is. I’m only watching it at this point because I’m pretty transfixed by the wreck.

Casshan - Episode 1 (Blu-ray)

Been meaning to watch this for ages, satisfyingly violent as 70s sci-fi childrens anime should be and a decent set up episode. You can clearly see it's made by the same people who made Gatchaman.

Banana Fish ep 7
Good episode. I liked the scene with Ash and Eiji on the balcony. And there were plenty of twists and a cliffhanger.

Happy Sugar Life ep 6
Learning more about Asahis past and Shoko is too eager for her own good.

Grand Blue Dreaming ep 6
The new member has her welcome party and finds out what the club members are really like.

Review Starlight ep 6
Kaoruko gets just a tad jealous when her friend Futaba beats her in an audition, by practicing hard, as Kaoruko has always been the "talented one", but has been slacking.

Space Battleship Tiramisu Episodes EX2 & EX3
Harukana Receive Episodes 5, 6 & 7
Chio's School Road Episodes 3, 4 & 5
Today's Menu for the Emiya Family Episode 8
Cells at Work! Episodes 4 to 7
Hanebado! Episodes 6, 7 & 8
Asobi Asobase - workshop of fun - Episodes 3, 4 & 5
Gintama Episodes 358, 359 & 360
Working Buddies! 2! Episodes 6 & 7

(Thank you saved draft)

/umiko

Banana Fish ep7

Frequently, I find I have trouble suspending my disbelief with Banana Fish, its idea of what the US is like continually feels just that little bit off. I mean, even in suburban California, I think Max's wife running out with a rifle and firing at him in the garden might raise a few eyebrows.

Asobi Asobase ep3

The armpit thing was... troubling, but the shoe launching skit was fun.

Attack on Titan Season 3 (Dub) Episode 1

Asobi Asobase (Sub) Episode 7
The comedy for this just keeps getting better each week. The whole economic's skit with hanako and kasumi was pretty funny.

Gegege no Kitarou 2018 (Sub) Episode 21

Hanebado! (Sub) Episode 8
Really good episode. The whole match between Nagisa and Ishizawa was pretty intense, however the Zushi coach was really annoying with all his shouting. As for Ayano her new attitude is a complete and utter turn off, even if she makes it to the final match I just hope that she has her ass handed to her and some sence knocked into her by either Nagisa, Erena or another player.

ISLAND (Sub) Episode 8
That was quite a shocking turn of events, but that ending though was even more shocking.

Planet With (Sub) Episode 7
Quite an eventful ep this week. Flashbacks about ginko's life on her home world, the truth and reason behind the Rampage from the dragon and to top it all off a new (possible) enemy appears.

Asobi Asobase -workshop of fun- episode 7 What makes each episode of this a joy is how great the three lead VAs are. Their energy and delivery always gets me.

Attack on Titan 3rd Season episode 42 Another packed episode, though I wonder how they'll handle next week's content.

Hanebado! episode 8 I appreciate more focus on Nagisa this week. Her match here was tense thanks to the extreme tactics of Nozomi's coach. The confrontation between Ayano and Elena was a long time coming as well, though I have the feeling it'll blow up even more.

Planet With episode 7 Well they managed to fit quite a lot of development into this week's episode. It looks like the story will only get more interesting.

We sell Tsukumogami episode 5 Ohime becomes smitten with a so-called chivalrous bandit.

Parasyte -The Maxim- episodes 1-18

Harukana Receive episode 7

BanG Dream! Girls Band Party!☆PICO episode 7

Pastel Life episodes 1-3 - Another short form series based on BanG Dream focusing on the band Pastel Palettes

My Hero Academia Season 3 episode 19

Attack on Titan Season 3 episode 5 - At this point the anime really is better at pacing than the manga.

Asobi Asobase episode 7 - Every episode has been a joy to watch. High key anime of the season

Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs episode 6

Cells at Work episode 7 - Never thought I'd sympathize with a cancer cell but here we are.

Tomorrow I'll pick up Hanebado and check out the Revue Starlight English dub. The English dub will probably replace my viewing of the subbed version while HiDive updates their translations.
In their place I'll be dropping both Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs and Holmes of Kyoto as they're the weaker of the shows I'm watching this season.

Last edited:
Back