Your viewing journal

Dropkick on my Devil! episode 6 Jashin inadvertently creates a magic circle and transports back in time whilst cooking curry. Hate it when that happens...

Holmes of Kyoto episode 6 Well that mystery was wrapped up quickly-time to due...play poker.

Kakuriyo -Bed & Breakfast for Spirits- episode 20 Looking into the past whilst stalling on the future perhaps. Looks like Aoi is going to cook again, this often seems to solve things.

Phantom in the Twilight episode 6 Action, chases and an noteworthy namedrop as the plot thickens.

Steins;Gate Zero (Dub) episode 15 Was a bit jarring at first having this rather comedic episode following the revelation from last week. Thankfully I like Daru as a character and they still have the underlining themes of time-related consequence to add weight to the narrative.

March comes in like a Lion episodes 1-13

Asobi Asobase ep1-2

I laughed, then I hated myself for laughing, then I watched some more anyway.

Planet With ep1

Feels quite reminisicent of what I liked about Punch Line, with less of what I did not like about Punch Line. Curious to see where they're going to go with it.

Screenshot (148).png
Due to gaming commitments I missed out on three days worth of anime

Asobi Asobase episode 6 - I'm thinking this may be my anime of the season

Revue Starlight episode 5

Attack on Titan Season 3 episode 4

Angels of Death episode 6

My Hero Academia Season 3 episode 18

Cells at Work episode 6

Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs episode 5

Harukana Receive episode 6

Holmes of Kyoto episode 6

Happy Sugar Life episode 5

We Rent Tsukumogami ep 4
Love gets a helping hand.

Kakuriyo - Bed and Breakfast for Spirits - ep 20
Aoi claims the 3rd of 5 items and plans for the 4th have started already. That nearly kiss moment between Aoi and the Master was touching.

Encouragement of Climb s3 e7
Aoi learns some German and French at work and Hinata has to go on a trip on her own (why she couldn't wait till Aoi had a day off, I don't know).

Holmes of Kyoto ep 6
Aoi goes to a party for the owners birthday. The mystery part was over very quickly, I did think it was suspicious when someone said "look up there" and Holmes seemed surprised that everyone left when they did.
Also Aoi definitely seems to be falling for Holmes

Black Clover episode 45 These fights against fodder aren't all that great tbh. That reveal with Grey was funny though.

Overlord III episode 6 Deathflag the episode? For real though I can't see all of these characters surviving all that long.

The Thousand Musketeers episode 7 [Dropped] As I sat and watched this bored out of my mind it dawned on me that since I said I'd continue it that none of the episodes had really impressed me, and that I couldn't pinpoint what to enjoy about it, outside of timewasting, so I'm just dropping it now rather than wasting more time hoping it'd pick up at all.

March comes in like a Lion episodes 14-22
(Complete. This is a series that's sort of difficult for me to pinpoint just why I enjoyed it as much as I did. I think it's one that will mean something different to each individual that watches it.

For me I related to Rei due to his characteristics and mental prowess being akin or similar to someone on the autistic spectrum (Not sure if the manga confirmed or denied this-just speculation and interpretation.) I was also intrigued with how he saw the world around him dealing with his depression and engrossing himself in his only real hobby: Shogi. The animation managed to portray this quite effectively with all the effects and shading, at times literally submerging Rei in the process.

Something else that I appreciated was just how human everything felt. For instance the recurring force of frustration that is Kyouko could have easily been written as purely antagonistic and cruel but instead has scenes where she's simply shown to be a broken individual pretending that they can be an older sister figure when teasing Rei. It's honestly very interesting to see how the character interactions were portrayed here.

I could ramble on some more since there's plenty to discuss, but it's fair to say that this is a highly recommended anime and that I hope the second season gives me the same amount of food for thought.) 4.5/5

Last edited:
Voltron: Legendary Defender Season 7 (Dub) Episode 1 - 13 (Complete)
Definitely the best season so far, bring on season 8. 8.5/10

OVERLORD III (Sub) Episode 6
Pretty decent ep. With the amount of death flags raised in this episode, let's just hope the censorship (if there is any next week) doesn't ruin it.

Summary of last night's viewing.

Island Episode 7 - Back to the main girl's route and some substantial plot happens. Still your bog standard VN adaptation but I've certainly watched a lot worse.

Hanebado! Episode 7 - Time for the main rival battle and this is still proving to be a great sports anime. Interesting to have such an unlikable main character.

Gundam Build Divers Episode 19 - Another one of the fun. lighthearted episodes but there's also a hint at the plot that will take this one to the end. Still prefer Build Fighters over this as it focused on the battles more but Divers is a pretty fun show.

Encouragement of Climb Season 3 Episode 7 - Loved the cake shop shenanigans and good to see Sunshine City in anime form again. Lonely trip for Hinata though. Out of everything I'm watching at the moment still highlight of the week.

Summary of last night's viewing.

Island Episode 7 - Back to the main girl's route and some substantial plot happens. Still your bog standard VN adaptation but I've certainly watched a lot worse.

Hanebado! Episode 7 - Time for the main rival battle and this is still proving to be a great sports anime. Interesting to have such an unlikable main character.

Gundam Build Divers Episode 19 - Another one of the fun. lighthearted episodes but there's also a hint at the plot that will take this one to the end. Still prefer Build Fighters over this as it focused on the battles more but Divers is a pretty fun show.

Encouragement of Climb Season 3 Episode 7 - Loved the cake shop shenanigans and good to see Sunshine City in anime form again. Lonely trip for Hinata though. Out of everything I'm watching at the moment still highlight of the week.

Watching Hinata was genuinely depressing. She totally should have asked Kokona or Kaede or something! It was just too heart wrenching to bare.

Steins;Gate 0 ep 15
Got quite emotional there at the end.
comedic episode
themes of time-related consequence
I think it could have been a bit more dramatic if the whole Back to the Future thing was true, nice nod to a great film though.

Attack on Titan s3 e4
The Interior Police would have no chance at capturing the Scouts outside the town where the Scouts are in familiar territory. They didn't fair much better in town in this episode.

Angolmois: Record of Mongol Invasion ep 6

Lupin III: Part 5 ep19

Was hoping we'd get a Jigen-centric episode this season, and it did not disappoint! Jigen shooting the rubble to knock it out of the way seemed like a bit of a hack, but probably no sillier than what you'd get in an average Golgo 13 episode, so I'll allow it. Also feels like the writers were dying to make Mirage II Jigen's daughter, but had that knocked back. My only real objection is that I thought it would have been more in character if Jigen had turned up to the duel with an antique big-game rifle, rather than the modern high-tech thing he was carrying.

Planet With ep2-4

Now that the details of the plot are starting to fall into place, it's lost some of that wilfully bizarre feeling that I really liked about the first couple of episodes, but this is still very enjoyable.

Free!: Dive to the Future episode 6 A sad backstory does not justify making a difficult situation worse. At least it explained further the bond between Hiyori and Iyuka.

Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin OVAs I-IV These were very interesting, and though they felt rather different from the rest of the Gundam series' I've seen so far they offered a nice insight into the enigmatic Visor-wearing Char. Now to wait until the final two OVAs get licenced or are available for streaming. 4/5

Last edited:
BanG Dream! Girls Band Party!☆PICO episodes 1-6 - A series of shorts featuring the BanG Dream cast. Oddly enough I started playing the mobile game before watching any of the anime series. When I have time I'll give the main series a watch.

Nichijou episodes 18-22

Overlord III episode 6

Back