Your viewing journal

It's been suggested to me that because I liked this so much that I should give K-on a go, anyone who's watched both think I'd get anything from that based on me enjoying this?
I didn't like it anyway near as much. The characters are fairly similar and the friendship part is there, but there's no plot as such and no where near the amount of moving moments like episode 12 of APFTTU.
Looking at the recommendations on the MAL page for APFTTU I would suggest Yuru Camp (friendship and a light plot) or Sound! Euphonium (probably the closest I've seen. Friendship, moving moments and plot of aiming for a goal). Girls' Last Tour is also recommended, but I don't see too many similarities. I did like it though.

Did you watch Season 2? The ending had me in bits!
It was sad to see them have to leave Azusa behind, but there was still the movie to watch!
Believe me when I say I don't think I've bawled my eyes out for anything in a fiction more than that ending of episode 12 of A Place Further Than the Universe. You really should watch it 😉

Amanchu! ~Advance~ (Sub) Episode 12 (Complete)
Good final episode. Teko completes her diving course to earn her advanced license thanks to everyone's encouraging support. The best moment of the episode would have to be the scene between Hikari and Futaba expressing how grateful they are for meeting each other, that IMO was a really touching scene. Overall the series is one of the best SOL I've seen. 9/10

DARLING in the FRANXX (Sub) Episode 22
Good episode, The truth behind the missing FranXX pilots is revealed and Kokoro's pregnancy is confirmed. Hiro also realizes something is wrong with Zero 2 and makes a surprising decision much to everyone's vexation.

Dragon Pilot: Hisone and Masotan (Sub) Episode 11
Hisone realizes what's most important to her and makes a surprising decision.

Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory (Sub) Episode 9

Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online (Sub) Episode 11
LLEENN's final match against Pitohui begins.

The Seven Deadly Sins: Revival of the Commandments (Sub) Episode 23

I didn't like it anyway near as much. The characters are fairly similar and the friendship part is there, but there's no plot as such and no where near the amount of moving moments like episode 12 of APFTTU.
Looking at the recommendations on the MAL page for APFTTU I would suggest Yuru Camp (friendship and a light plot) or Sound! Euphonium (probably the closest I've seen. Friendship, moving moments and plot of aiming for a goal). Girls' Last Tour is also recommended, but I don't see too many similarities. I did like it though.
Well I did kinda wanna try out Sound! due to Anime Limited releasing it, Girls Last Tour is also something I've thought about trying too so I may give both a try when I'm next feeling adventurous. :p

Magical Girl Site ep 12 (complete)
Quite a good final episode. I'm not quite sure how Aya saved Yatsu from being turned into an admin. Aya either used her stick to teleport back in time or into her subconscious to rescue her from being an unfortunate soul. Either way love saved the day.
Overall it started out trying to be the edgiest thing since edges were invented, but as the fairly intriguing plot came more to the fore and the characters grew a little the edges got rounded off a little to the point where the shock moments moved you rather than laugh at just how hard they were trying to shock you. Wouldn't say no to a second season.
8/10

Hinamatsuri ep 12 (complete)
Bit of an odd way to present the ending, but still very funny and we finally find out what was happening right at the start of the show.
Overall a series with some great characters which was very funny, but also had the occasional moving moment. My favourite of the season, more please!
8/10

SAOA: GGO ep 11
Psycho LLENN indeed. Epic dual between the 2 teams with LOL moments thrown in.

Persona 5 the Animation ep 12
Another heart is changed.

Amanchu! Advance episode 12 (Complete. This was a bit of a disappointment for me, in that what I liked about the first season wasn't present as much here. The season started decently enough, but the presence of Kokoro and subsequent fantasy arc just dragged the entire season down.

Advance just feels a little underwhelming compared to fun of the first season. Overall it wasn't terrible and had a few episode that had the Amanchu! spark, but I hope that if a third season comes out that they don't try to stray too far from what made the series fun in the first place: likeable characters diving and bonding.) 3/5

Darling in the FranXX episode 22 Less inherently depressing than I thought it'd be, this was intriguing, and sets up the finale.

Hozuki's Coolheadedness 2nd Season 2nd Cour episode 25 Ogre Island Jr is a real shut in and Hozuki appreciates some animals.

My Hero Academia 3rd Season episode 50 The aftermath and recovery period for our heroes. Also "I'm sorry I punched you in the balls."

Persona 5 The Animation episode 12 Watching this makes me realise how they added small extra scenes to explain in-game events like Ren acquiring a TV and such. Cutting all the dungeon crawling was a good move though some small action segments would have been cool to go along with the boss battles.

Yu Yu Hakusho episodes 24-34 Gotta move a classic tournament arc.

DARLING in the FRANXX (Japanese audio) - Episode 22
MEGALO BOX (Japanese audio) - Episodes 11-12
My Hero Academia [Season 3] (Japanese audio) - Episode 12 [50]
PERSONA5 The Animation (Japanese audio) - Episodes 10-12
Steins;Gate 0 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 10-11

I've been busy playing Kingdom Hearts so I haven't had the focus on the simulcasts. These five above are now up-to-date after watching them last night and this morning.

These lot have finished airing so I'll get through them first:
Amanchu! ~Advance~ [3 eps left]
Cutie Honey Universe [4 eps left]
Food Wars! The Third Plate: Totsuki Train arc [4 eps left]
HINAMATSURI [8 eps left]
Magical Girl Site [2 eps left]

These finish next week (+ MEGALO BOX):
BEATLESS (Part 1, Part 2 is this September) [3 eps left]
Golden Kamuy [3 eps left]
Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These [5 eps left]
Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online [4 eps left]
Tada Never Falls in Love [7 eps left]

And this the week after (+ FRANXX):
High School DxD New [10 eps left]

Gall Force - Eternal Story
Gall Force 2 - Destruction
Gall Force 3 - Stardust War

Another watch ahead of recording the podcast this week.

Super Dimension Fortress Macross - Episodes 18 - 20 (Blu-ray)

Pineapple Salad, that's all I'm going to say!

Gegege no Kitarou 2018 (Sub) Episode 13

Cutie Honey Universe (Sub) Episode 12 (Complete)
This has got to be one of the most random final episodes to a series I've ever seen. The whole scene where everyone appears as honey was quite funny, but what made the scene even funnier was when Seiji, Danbei and Junpei started dancing to a remix version of the OP theme song 😂. The series overall was a OK series that had minor fanservice, plenty of action and characterization. 6/10

Food Wars! The Third Plate 2nd Cour episode 24 Soma yet again proves that he is not to be underestimated. (Complete. Another great season, I always look forward to this each week and I've yet to be disappointed by the events that take place. It's nice to see a protagonist whose victories are deserved and earned in such a culinary way. Bring on whatever season 4 is called.) 4/5

Yu Yu Hakusho episodes 35-50

Last edited:
Hinamatsuri episode 12, Complete. Perhaps the best comedy this season with one of the wackiest setups for a slice of life show. Season 2 please. 8/10

Gun Gale Online episode 11

Darling in the Franxx episode 22

My Hero Academia Season 3 episode 12

D. Gray man 1-30
Wow that was rough going. Couldn’t get into it initially then there were a couple arcs with an interesting episode of two, it seems a little more interesting now. I’ll have to see how it goes. Wouldn’t like dropping something this far in but I still feel the temptation a little.

Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory (Dub) Episode 7

Katana Maidens (Dub) Episode 21

Fumikiri Jikan (Sub) Episode 12 (Complete)
Final rendezvous at the crossing line.

Kakuriyo: Bed & Breakfast for Spirits (Sub) Episode 13
A relaxing episode as Aoi entertains guests from Orio-ya at the foot baths, and a new character appears along with a cliffhanger.

Space Battleship Tiramisu (Sub) Episode 13 (Complete)
Not quite the final episode I was expecting considering how ridiculous this series has been. I was expecting a final episode that was so crazy that words couldn't describe it, but.... oh well.

Crossing Time Episode 12
Space Battleship Tiramisu Episode 13
Last Period Episodes 4, 5 & 6
Food Wars: The Third Plate - Totsuki Train Arc Episode 24

EDIT: I thought I had mentioned Food Wars. I did not.

/umiko

Golden Kamuy episode 12, Complete. Aside from the CG bears this was a great series with a well rounded cast of characters and comedy moments. Looking forward to the second season. 8/10

Crossing Time episode 12, Complete. Honestly most of these episodes were hit or miss but at least Their Youth was good. 6/10

My Sweet Tyrant episode 12, Complete. An alright series but nothing too noteworthy. 5/10

Comic Girls episode 12, Complete. I'm a sucker for CGDCT anime so of course I'd go for this series. This has been a pleasure to watch with fun characters and moments. Hopefully we'll see a season 2 for this one. 8/10

The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. Season 2 episode 23

Back