Your viewing journal

Has anyone else noticed the really poor audio quality for Umamusume: Pretty Derby on Crunchyroll?

Namely Episodes 6 and 7 (Yet to watch 8)

They might have fixed Episode 6 as I already put a support token in and got a "we fixed it" reply... yeh right :/

----

I'm not really someone who moans about audio much, but Episode 7, timestamp 12:30~12:50 is a great example

----
edit

No, they did nothing, at all, with Episode 6

Last edited:
Another Manga Force Collection title:

Straight Jacket
Another interesting idea not fully fleshed out. It has magic welders in a modern-ish setting, but if used too much they turn in to demons. To prevent this a form of armour is made to control the power usage. There's a terrorist plot and MC trying to atone for past mistakes which involves another main side character, the pieces of the puzzle are all there, but aren't put together particularly well. The fight scenes aren't that great and there's also a half demon half human girl who may or may not be able to to use magic without a problem, but she doesn't really do anything.
6/10

DSC_1458.JPG

Guide to the whether it's a 1st time watch or re-watch: (r) = Re-watch; (x) = First time; (w) = Watched in the last year; (?) = Honestly can't remember!; (na) = Not anime.

Afro Samurai Directors Cut (r)
Afro Samurai Resurrection (?)
Akira (w) Don't own the MF Collection version
Appleseed (r)
Armageddon (x)
Astroboy: Greatest Astro Adventures (x)
Baldr Force Exe (x)
Blood: The Last Vampire (r)
Black Blood Brothers (x)
Black Jack (x)
Bubblegum Crash (x)
Casshan: Robot Hunter (x)
Danté's Inferno (na)
Dead Leaves (x)
Dead Space: Downfall (na)
Ghost in the Shell (w)
GitS: Innocence (w)
GitS SAC: Laughing Man (x)
GitS SAC: Individual Eleven (x)
GitS SAC: Solid State Society (r)
Golgo 13: The Professional (r)
Heat Guy J (r)
Hellsing Ultimate Vols 1-4 (x)
Highlander: The Search for Vengeance (r)
Ichi (na)
Jyu-Oh-Sei (x)
Kai Doh Maru (r)
Karas: The Prophecy/Revelation (x)
Lupin the III: The Secret of Mamo (x)
Macross Plus (r)
Macross Plus the Movie (x)
Millennium Actress (r)
Naruto the Movie: 1 & 2 (x)
Negima!? Spring & Summer OVAs (x)
Neon Genesis Evangelion Death & Rebirth (r)
NGE End of Evangelion (r)
Ninja Scroll (r)
Noein: To Your Other Self (x)
Orguss 2 (x)
Origin: Spirits of the Past (r)
Otogi Zoshi (r)
Perfect Blue (w)
Psychic Wars (x)
Read or Die (r)
She: The Ultimate Weapon (r)
Shigurui: Death Frenzy (x)
Space Adventure Cobra (x)
Strait Jacket (x)
Street Fighter: Alpha (x)
Street Fighter: Alpha Generations (x)
Street Fighter: II (x)
Submarine 707 Revolution (x)
Sword for Truth (x)
Tactics (x)
Tokko (r)
Tokyo Underground (r)
Urotsukidōji: Legend of the Overfiend (r)
Urotsukidōji: Legend of the Demon Womb (r)
Vampire Wars (x)
Virus: Virus Buster Serge (x)
X (x)

TadaKoi ep 7
Unrequited love's a bummer!

WotaKoi ep 6
Ones favourite character dying is also a bummer! 2nd Christmas episode this week!

Comic Girls ep 7
Megane characters are indeed cool 😎

Megalo Box ep 7
Corporate politics getting in the way of the sport.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generation episode 58 The tournament arc gets going.

Comic Girls episode 7 Kaos continues to leave me wondering if her drawing manga is the right choice, but at least she enjoys her company (almost obsessively.)

Megalo Box episode 7 That ending was nicely realistic, no last minute run-ins or anything. Joe wouldn't have lasted long out there anyway, especially since he's been pissing blood.

Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku episode 6 For such an ominous title this episode was very sweet. I appreciate Hirotaka's sternness when necessary, goes well with his calm demeanour.

Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of the Heroic Knight episodes 25-27 (Complete. This was another solid fantasy series, continuing from where the OVAs left off, but adding new characters and expanding the Lore somewhat. I hear most prefer the OVAs t this, but I'd say they're equal, though the animation takes a downgrade here. Overall this was decent. Would recommend to fantasy fans.) 3.5/5

Megalo Box ep7

I don't know which is worse for cliffhanger episode endings, this or Golden Kamuy.

Re: Cutie Honey ep1

Saw a little bit of this years ago and really hated it, but with Universe currently running, I decided to give it another shot. It's a bit of an assault on the senses for the first fifteen minutes or so, as with Hiroyuki Imaishi at the helm, the animators seem determined to throw everything they've got at the screen, and then a bit more for good measure. Once it levels out more in the second half, I thought it was much easier to appreciate, but it kind of feels like the people having the most fun here are the ones making it. There's a different director for each episode though, so I'll be interested to see how the next one compares.

Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card (Dub) Episode 16

Hinamatsuri (Dub) Episode 4

Kakuriyo: Bed & Breakfast for Spirits (Dub) Episode 5

Alice or Alice (Sub) Episode 7
Checking out the competition.

Comic Girls (Sub) Episode 7
Megane characters are great and all, but Kaos you need a career change, Seriously.

Dances with the Dragons (Sub) Episode 7

Doreiku The Animation (Sub) Episode 6
WTF! Freedom = saving the slaves and making them your own slaves, YEAH that works..... NOT.

Lost Song (Sub) Episode 7

Megalo Box (Sub) Episode 7
When sport becomes corrupted by Corporate politics.

Tada Never Falls in Love (Sub) Episode 7
That moment when you find out that your love is unrequited, It Hurts.

Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku (Sub) Episode 6

Tada Never Falls in Love Episode 7 - This series is disappointing after a promising start. the MC's have no chemistry and it focuses on side characters and the stupid cat.

Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku Ep 6 - Still a really good watch, how refreshing to have adult characters in proper relationships

Seven Mortal Sins episodes 10-12. (Finished)

That's the last of a couple of series I started last year but never finished now done.

Magical Girl Site ep 7
A whole new team of magical girls. Actually quite an up-beat episode until the cliffhanger. Amazon may have spoilt it though, there's a line in the description that I don't recall, or maybe that's just my memory. Although the Amazon episode descriptions do tend to be spoilerific, so I normally avoid reading them, but this was after watching the episode so I thought I was safe!

Hinamatsuri ep 7
Anzu learns about her new job and a hilarious skit about Hina trying to become the student council president.
As funny as this show is they seem to have completely forgotten about where Hina's from and her powers. We also haven't seen the character from the very first scene of episode 1 (and also appears briefly in the OP, which has been quite spoilery itself) yet!

Didn’t update this yesterday so let’s see if I can remember them all...

Knights of sidonia 2 1-end
Was this just a big advertisement for military stuff?

Children of the whales 1-end
Ended up enjoying this quite a bit even if some of the twists were a bit too obvious.

A.I.C.O incarnations 1-end
Seemed like it had a good set up but nothing else. Annoying lead and most other characters were bland, didn’t care about them therefor didn’t care about what happened to them.

Violet evergarden 1-7
Seems like this is very slow going.

Space battleship tiramisu 5
That episode was odd.

Hinamatsuri 4
Poor girl got kicked out...

Kakuriyo 5

Re: Cutie Honey ep2

Well, this is a big improvement over the first episode. Without Imaishi, the direction is less interesting, but also less horrendously distracting, and the surprisingly good characterisation really shines through. It's also suddenly become really GAR, which I approve of.

Akkun to Kanojo (Sub) Episode 7

Beatless (Sub) Episode 18

Hinamatsuri (Sub) Episode 7

Katana Maidens (Sub) Episode 19

Lostorage conflated WIXOSS (Sub) Episode 7

Magical Girl Site (Sub) Episode 7

Record of Grancrest War (Sub) Episode 19

Hinamatsuri episode 7 Hina wants all the power and Nitta has a date.

My Sweet Tyrant episode 7 Another fun little set of interactions.

Recovery of an MMO Junkie episodes 1-10/OVA (Complete. A quirky but also decently weighty story about awkward individuals coming together and bonding over MMOs. Both leads were relatable in how their flaws weren't over exaggerated and not always played for laughs. Kowaii as a wing man was somewhat irritating, but also pushed things forward in his own exaggerated fashion. Overall this was fun, and it was nice to see a love story tackle issues not usually seen, a shame we only got an OVA to properly see their relationship, maybe a second season would help?) 3.5/5, 3.5/5

Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san episodes 1-12 ~ Complete, a pretty good shoujo-ai. The character's personalities being based on animals was a pretty fun concept and they just went with it. Only problem is how the episodes were only 3 minutes long. 8/10

Megalo Box episode 7

Hinamatsuri episode 7

Back