Your viewing journal

MHA S3E03

Not a fan of this episode at all...

Don't like this little kid sub plot, so cliché little kid hates heroes and in the end he'll probably end up loving them.

Them constantly mentioning that villains can't find them made me think they obviously will and viola! Also All Might not knowing, betcha he'll appear one way or another.

Heard this arc was supposed to be the best but so far on a sluggish start. I'm starting to see too many cliché's happening now.

Uma Masume: Pretty Derby ep 5
More training before another big race. Silence Suzuka has a secret which we might find out now Spe-chan won, sort of. From the hints she might be retiring.

Caligula ep 3
An odd episode in more ways than one. Didn't really move the plot forward much.

Full Metal Panic eps 10-12
I'm seeing a pattern here. Comedy arc, action arc, comedy arc, action arc, etc.

Food Wars! The Third Plate 2nd Cour episode 15 Man these villian instructors are Saturday-Morning-Cartoon levels of cheesy, all sh*t-eating grins and monologues. It's always fun seeing their downfall thanks to Soma and co's ingenuity, keeps FW! entertaining. Also, the aftermath and its sightseeing interactions were superb.

Uma Musume: Pretty Derby! episode 5 Two winners eh? Another decent episode, they manage to make the races suitably tense each week.

Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ episodes 40-47 (Complete. A decent but uneven entry into the franchise, ZZ seems to be confused at times as to what tone it sets. Sometimes it's comedic, other times dramatic and action packed like it's predecessors. The narrative as well seemed to change focus once Leina supposedly died and was stronger in the second half than the first.

I did like Judau as a protagonist, and though he whines and throws punches like Kamille and Amuro before him, he seemed less of a pushover and worked off his Shangri-La buddies and other characters fairly well. Overall this was a fun watch, it wasn't as strong as MSG or MSZG but still entertained me enough to recommend it.) 3.5/5

Gintama episodes 50-52

Mob Psycho 100 episodes 1-12 (Complete. A gorgeously stylish anime that deals with all kinds of psychic powers and how different individuals deal with them. The MC Mob is likeable in a sense that despite his prowess that he doesn't act like he has control over others-a theme addressed when Ritsu goes through his arc of being a dick and seeing the error of his ways.

There are little touches here and there that I enjoyed such as the fitness enthusiasts of the Body Improvement club actually being likeable and supportive as opposed to stereotypically Jock like. Plus Reigen's shenanigans were always fun. Overall another series I look forward to seeing continued in the future.) 4/5

Monster Musume episodes 1-4

Nekomonogatari: White episodes 4-5 ~ Complete. Yet another example of how Studio Shaft is one of my top studios. The art direction of this franchise has always been unique and this series continues that aspect. Changing narrators for this part was an interesting decision and as much as I like Araragi's character it was refreshing to see Hanekawa as the protagonist. The story of Hanekawa coming to terms with her envy was well executed and episode 5 broke me. 9/10

The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. Season 2 episode 5

Caligula (Sub) Episode 3

Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card (Sub) Episode 15

Cutie Honey Universe (Sub) Episode 3

Darling in the FranXX (Sub) Episode 15

Gegege no Kitarou 2018 (Sub) Episode 4

Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (Sub) Episode 5

Kakuriyo -Bed&Breakfast for Spirits- episode 4 Aoi helps out the Tsundere Snow Woman who was treated badly in the past but saved by the Ogre Master and spider sibling squabbling. Tragic backstories ensue.

Magical Girl Ore episode 4 This series continues to be ridiculously entertaining for me, though whether the frequent flashbacks were intentional or not I'm not sure (knowing how this series parodies tropes I wouldn't be surprised.)

Railroad Crossing Time episode 3 An accurate depiction of how it feels to not want to converse with others. A Much better episode this week.

Space Battleship Tiramasu episode 4 A talking space pube? Alrighty then...

Monster Musume episodes 5-12/OVAS 1-2/shorts (Complete. A fun fanservice anime that knows exactly what it wants to be whilst maintaining likeable enough characters and wacky plots. There were moments when the series took darker turns, but it usually maintained a lewd and comedic approach. Overall I'd give this a recommendation, but judging by the amount of CEs MVM have sold, I dare say many have already seen and appreciated this series for its plot(s).) 3.5/5

My Hero Academia 1st Season (Rewatch) episodes 1-13 (Complete. As good as it was when I watched it for the first time, this is a suitably great introduction to the series, with interesting character relationships I.e Midoriya and Bakugo and tense action.) 4/5

Full Metal Panic eps 13 & 14
Side story/Comedy episodes, including sports day for mechas!

Kakuriyo - Bed and Breakfast for Spirits - ep 4
Aoi gets to know some of the other workers better with some backstories. More of Aois backstory is also revealed, and I must say she has one that rivals any of the "edgy" stories from Magical Girl Site.

Golden Kamuy ep 3
This gets better and better. The relationship between the 2 of the MCs is fantastic and they make a great team with their skills. Also we learned more about the Ainu in this episode. And the 2 leaders of the other groups looking for the treasure get a bit of scene time.

Crossing Time ep 3
Funny episode about yet another different pair of people and it seems a different crossing.

Napping Princess (dub)
Watched the sub in the cinema and whilst easy enough to follow the dub does make it easier. However as nice as the idea of explaining stuff in the real world through the dream world it actually confused stuff more especially at the end, I mean how did Kokone get inside the factory, then so high up and then fall over the balcony all whilst asleep?

Uma Musume: Pretty Derby episode 5

The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. (Dub) episodes 12-14

The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. Season 2 episodes 6-9

Persona 5: The Animation episode 3 ~ At this rate I'll probably drop this series since it's not really holding my interest that much

My Hero Academia Season 1 (Dub) Episode 1 - 13 (Complete)

My Hero Academia Season 2 (Dub) Episode 0 - 2

Fumikiri Jikan (Sub) Episode 3

Kakuriyo: Bed & Breakfast for Spirits (Sub) Episode 4

Magical Girl Ore (Sub) Episode 4

Space Battleship Tiramisu (Sub) Episode 4

Steins;gate 0 2 - looks like this one is going to start the real events of the season

I've tried watching highschool DxD and I was aware of the fanservice, but not aware of the dub. is the sub written like this? just seems to make most of the male characters the dumbest most pervy characters I've ever seen. it kind of alright in my first girlfriend is a Gal but that was a slice of life, the dub seems to ignore whats going on for a perv joke

also finished the fourth and final book of legend of korra
28zz60.jpg#
halfway through this one shows how badly a network can handle something that has dedicated fans, since book 3 nick didn't know whether to stream this keeping it off broadcast or the other way around, telling fans of the series virtually nothing, worse yet they thought no one was watching it then did something that cut the viewership of it in half. halfway through the series loses half its crew and that week the crew left had to panic and put a clipshow forward, makes me wonder how virtually half the crew finished the series the way they did. Korra did get a comic, but I don't know what happened to it. last I heard it leaned on the relationship from the end of the series hard and it went like marvel comics, too absorbed in an agenda to write good plot or characters. I would really like to see another avatar series that has the fight scenes and more interesting idealist villains but it's been over 4 years and nick acted like it hated the last one... and they kind of still own it

Black Clover episode 29 A clip show, great...

Tokyo Ghoul: re episode 4 They've done a very solid job adapting the Auction Arc so far, looking forward to next week's action. It's just a shame the animation is a bit stiff-maybe the Blu Rays will fix this, who knows?

Yotsuiro Biyori episode 3 Hmm a new plot development, will see how it affects the general comfiness I've come to like so far.

My Hero Academia 2nd Season (Partial rewatch) episodes 14-25 A great tournament arc (one of the best I've seen actually) It was tense and action packed, whilst developing the side characters. Now to wait for the latter half and arc to be released.

Lupin III: part 5 ep4

"It would be great if that kid with the goat had a smartphone".
He pulls out a smartphone.
:)

Cutie Honey Universe ep3

Actually quite entertaining this week. This is a good level for the show; if they can keep this up, it could end up being pretty decent.

Back